PDA

View Full Version : blue oil?

mike lane lawn care
06-27-2006, 11:23 PM
is there such a thing as colored oil? whenever i check the oil level in my broadmoor, the oil is so clean and clear, i have a hard time telling if it's full or needs more oil.

Lawn Masters
06-27-2006, 11:36 PM
Not to my knowledge there isnt. if you're havin that much trouble, I dont know what to tell ya.

Jim@MilkyWay
06-27-2006, 11:57 PM
Of course there's blue oil; some may be made for 4 strokers, but all the blue I have seen is used to mix with gas in 2 strokers, and I don't like it just because of the reason you posted. IMO it is difficult, as it pours through my tank filter, to gage weather I am looking at gas mix or straight gas. I wish gas mix was required, by the government to be day-glow orange.

Proscapez LLC
06-28-2006, 01:27 AM
is there such a thing as colored oil? whenever i check the oil level in my broadmoor, the oil is so clean and clear, i have a hard time telling if it's full or needs more oil.

Royal purple is purple.
It's suppose to be one of the Best Full Syn motor oils you can buy.
You should be able to find it at most auto part stores.

B&M trick shift transimission fluid is Blue they might sell motor oil, but I'm not sure.

Restrorob
06-28-2006, 07:22 AM
Color the end of your dipstick with a black permanent ink marker, This will aid in seeing the level. I have found it works fine on Polaris ATV transmissions that use clear oil.

General Landscaping
06-28-2006, 07:52 AM
Use oil dye. If you can't find it in a autoparts store, try a repair shop.

It's main use is for leak detection and pinpointing. Glows under blacklight.