PDA

View Full Version : Versa-Loc Pricing

Tri-City GroundWorx
06-28-2006, 01:50 AM
I need to build a Retaining Wall 100' long X 4' high, what does everyone seem to be charging per block for installation complete, with the Versa-Loc or compatible block, I have heard as low as $14 even up to $29 per ea.

neversatisfiedj
06-29-2006, 10:38 PM
More info needed.

Tri-City GroundWorx
07-02-2006, 08:37 PM
We are pricing an entire retaining wall install, from diggin out trench and backfill area, to installing drainage, to backfilling with rock and topsoil, and seed and straw when completed, we are using the versa-lok block 12"X18", we are figuring it is going to take us around 525 block, caps and all

Mike33
07-02-2006, 11:43 PM
I would get around 8 plus with ab i use. But i dont know your details of stone pricing, haul away, or haul in, top soil prices etc.,
Mike

Cahsking
07-03-2006, 12:38 AM
So if you price per block, are you including pricing for the seeding? I could see pricing the block for trenching, and basically building the wall, but what about the other items. Like back fill, and seeding?

Mike33
07-03-2006, 08:35 AM
I was giving a sq' quick price. again the are all different. That price would include a wall and gravel for back fill 2'. I dont know your situation weather you have back fill from the bank you could re use or not. If you have to buy fill i pay 80.00 per tandem load. Top soil probably around 20-30 ton and seed i would allow around 600.00. But again pricing on this site is all based on location.
Mike

cedarcroft
07-03-2006, 09:10 AM
we area doing a keystone wall currently (for a builder) and we are charging $10 a sq ft for labor only. the blocks are around $8-9 a piece and you have to figure in cost for base, gravel/drainage, backfill, excavation etc. there is no way, IMO, that you could do a wall like that for $14 a block. doing a job like that for a residental customer, you would have to charge $40 a block to make money. maybe a little less for versalok because they are not a sq ft each, but that is the ballpark you should be in.
Disclaimer: this is assuming decent access for excavation and moving materials. This is also my relatively inexperienced opinion based on prices and going rates in NY. Your pricing might be different based on overhead etc.

Mike33
07-03-2006, 11:55 PM
we area doing a keystone wall currently (for a builder) and we are charging $10 a sq ft for labor only. the blocks are around $8-9 a piece and you have to figure in cost for base, gravel/drainage, backfill, excavation etc. there is no way, IMO, that you could do a wall like that for $14 a block. doing a job like that for a residental customer, you would have to charge $40 a block to make money. maybe a little less for versalok because they are not a sq ft each, but that is the ballpark you should be in.
Disclaimer: this is assuming decent access for excavation and moving materials. This is also my relatively inexperienced opinion based on prices and going rates in NY. Your pricing might be different based on overhead etc.
Is this directed to my quote?
Mike

cedarcroft
07-04-2006, 07:40 AM
No Mike,
in his original post he said that he has heard of these walls going for anywhere from $14 to $29. I am referencing that.

Tri-City GroundWorx
07-04-2006, 11:19 PM
I went ahead and figured the job as around 525 blocks w/ caps and I priced around 9k we will be starting the job soon, thanks for you guys input, i will send some pics when we get done.

Mike33
07-04-2006, 11:36 PM
No Mike,
in his original post he said that he has heard of these walls going for anywhere from $14 to $29. I am referencing that.
Okey, thanks. Have a nice 4th. of july .
Mike