PDA

View Full Version : Maruyama

gunner27
06-28-2006, 03:40 AM
I have heard they are the new Shindaiwa? Or the Cadilac of power equipment? I realize they are lacking on dealer support, but so was Shindi, at one point.?

AAELI
06-28-2006, 05:31 AM
If you look to a local Toro dealer you will find out that Toro Proline trimmers are Maruyama's in toro 'clothing'. The product line is good for users but not so good for dealers. They don't seem to have as frequent as problems as the Shinnies but are every bit as good. The key will be to find a good dealer so as to give real value to your purchase.

Al Eli

ThirdDay
06-28-2006, 07:30 AM
Who told you that??

Obviously you found a Maruyama dealer. That;s amazing because there are very few of them around! Maruyama makes very decent products but it's no better than the other stuff from Japan.

The biggest problem they have is the lack of dealers and terrible parts/service support. Maruyama has been in this country for many, many years and has never caught on due to the above mentioned facts.

Do yourself a favor, stick with the major brands like Echo, RedMax etc. and you can't go wrong.

gunner27
06-28-2006, 02:13 PM
Who told you that??

Obviously you found a Maruyama dealer. That;s amazing because there are very few of them around! Maruyama makes very decent products but it's no better than the other stuff from Japan.

The biggest problem they have is the lack of dealers and terrible parts/service support. Maruyama has been in this country for many, many years and has never caught on due to the above mentioned facts.

Do yourself a favor, stick with the major brands like Echo, RedMax etc. and you can't go wrong.
Most of my equipment is Stihl or Echo. I like to stay with the same dealer but I am in the market for a new hedge trimmer. The Stihl homeowner model is $299.99. The Maruyama commercial grade is 289.99. That is what has me curious. Just wondered if anyone else has any experience with Maruyama?

saw man
06-28-2006, 03:51 PM
I have used that hedge trimmer and it worked well. I would prolly take it over that specific Stihl model.

MTR
06-28-2006, 06:18 PM
I have used their Hedge Trimmer (HT2300) for years now, still my main hedge machine, very very sharp blade that won't get dull like Stihl. Since using it from April 2004, have not done or changed anything! except basic carb cleaning (which I do on every of my 2cycle stuff). They are up there with Stihl and Redmax.

AAELI
06-28-2006, 06:40 PM
Who told you that??

They are a major brand and have caught on very well in some areas. They recently moved to Denton, Texas in an effort to address the very problems you raised. I have seen an improvement recently in their responsivenes to the issues you and I are concerned about. Their products have also been marketed as the Husky multicutter tool platform, Toro Proline besides their own brand. They pretty much introduced the multi-tool concept well over 15 years ago. As I posted earlier, finding a good dealer is essential to making a good value of any brand. Check out the dealers in your area and find out your prospects.

Their hedgetrimmer is a good one. Shop around and use some discernment when at the dealer. Ask questions to inform yourself. Let the dealer know you are looking for quality and would like to hear what he has to say.
Al Eli

topsites
06-28-2006, 08:08 PM
I don't buy nothing says marijuana, that's right before scag.

lawnboy dan
06-28-2006, 09:10 PM
actually a defunct company called green machine invented the multi-tool concept. i can also vouch for the cutting quality of the mauryama hedge trimmers -top notch. little wonder is the only thing i have seen that cuts better. i have 3 sizes of mauryama hedge trimmers . the multi tool cuts best but is very heavy. my fav is the extended atriculated ones i have . very lite and cuts better than my sthil set does

ThirdDay
06-28-2006, 10:36 PM
Most of my equipment is Stihl or Echo. I like to stay with the same dealer but I am in the market for a new hedge trimmer. The Stihl homeowner model is $299.99. The Maruyama commercial grade is 289.99. That is what has me curious. Just wondered if anyone else has any experience with Maruyama?

Echo's HC-150 is awesome. They now have better (razor) blades and a heavier duty gear box. 20" blade $269.99 at your local dealer.

lawnboy dan
06-28-2006, 11:58 PM
echo hedge trimmers arnt even in the same league as the mauryama

AAELI
06-29-2006, 09:21 AM
actually a defunct company called green machine invented the multi-tool concept. i can also vouch for the cutting quality of the mauryama hedge trimmers -top notch. little wonder is the only thing i have seen that cuts better. i have 3 sizes of mauryama hedge trimmers . the multi tool cuts best but is very heavy. my fav is the extended atriculated ones i have . very lite and cuts better than my sthil set does

I remember them well. They also had a good 25cc model, it was a shindaiwa engine, the SM25 series. I think the statement would read better if I had said they made the concept more popular. It is interesting to note that the tools each brand has for the most part appear to be identical, some of them are just that, identical.. Many brands purchase rights to manufacture or simply buy in quantity the tools they wish to add to their product line.

ThirdDay
06-29-2006, 09:41 AM
echo hedge trimmers arnt even in the same league as the mauryama

The new ones are. The new HC-150 with the new sharper, longer life blads and the upgraded gear box work great!

And you can actually get parts and service for Echo!

lawnboy dan
06-29-2006, 09:57 AM
if the newer echo is improved -its about time! i am on my 4th set of them and all have been very trouble prone and none has ever cut as well as other brands . i only keep buying them cause they were the lightest you could buy and i trim a LOT of shrubs and hedges. aalie- the engine that really made greenmachine popular was the mitshibishui engine they used on some of their comm. products. i have 2 still working after 20 yrs! . the best lightweight hedge trimmers for least$ is now the homepro from shindawia. same $ as echo-better machine

gunner27
07-13-2006, 02:12 AM
I have used their Hedge Trimmer (HT2300) for years now, still my main hedge machine, very very sharp blade that won't get dull like Stihl. Since using it from April 2004, have not done or changed anything! except basic carb cleaning (which I do on every of my 2cycle stuff). They are up there with Stihl and Redmax.
Since I have used the hedge trimmer on some heavy duty jobs, I will know doubt think about purchising some new trimmers also...

out4now
07-13-2006, 02:26 AM
Like said earlier they have had limited dealers and from what I have heard some parts problems. Good when they run, not so great when they break. Used to have that same problem with Husky stuff, good machines, took forever to get parts. Really haven't heard anything about them in a long time.

AAELI
07-13-2006, 07:10 AM
Most dealers who have sold any quantity at all of Maruyama know of the need to keep a few parts on hand to avoid your down time. One of the things I recommend to lco's is to carry a few of the more wear prone parts in their stock to avoid problems. My experience with Shindaiwa repair needs prompted me to stock similar parts for the Maruyama units I sold. Only problem was that over 50% of the 'fast movers' didn't. I had fewer repairs per thousand units sold compared with the Shindaiwa's we sold.

They are good machines but like every thing made by man they will break at some time or another. Buy filters, plugs, fuel pipes and service them yourself to stay on top of the game, no matter what brand you own.

REALSLOW
07-13-2006, 08:30 AM
Don't even try and compare Echo hedge trimmers with marayuma's. I always new the Echo were junk but did not realize how bad until I bought the Mars! Echo = POO POO with all capitals, I find their products to be 3rd rate junk. I like their extended pole saw but that is becuase practically no one else makes em.

ThirdDay
07-13-2006, 08:58 AM
Don't even try and compare Echo hedge trimmers with marayuma's. I always new the Echo were junk but did not realize how bad until I bought the Mars! Echo = POO POO with all capitals, I find their products to be 3rd rate junk. I like their extended pole saw but that is becuase practically no one else makes em.

Really showing your intelligence. Have you even TRIED Echo's new HC-150? I highly doubt it.

Don't comment on things that you don't know. :hammerhead:

Brendan Smith
07-13-2006, 10:03 AM
I have used that hedge trimmer and it worked well. I would prolly take it over that specific Stihl model.
a friend of mine just bought one of their hedge trimmers and it is great!!

lawnboy dan
07-13-2006, 04:21 PM
i will take a second look at the improved echo hc150.

REALSLOW
07-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Really showing your intelligence. Have you even TRIED Echo's new HC-150? I highly doubt it.

Don't comment on things that you don't know. :hammerhead:Those little hedge trimmers are pieces of junk, Gee well lets see they are capable of doing about 25% of what my extended's are capable of. I don't even bother loading those things on the truck as a matter of fact all the POO POO Echo is backup and I have quite a few pices of it. The only thing I use on a regular basis is the pole saw and I am debating at this moment as to weather I should get rid of all my other Echo POO POO products!!!!!!!!!!! POO POO PERIOD is what the company should be called.

ThirdDay
07-13-2006, 07:03 PM
i will take a second look at the improved echo hc150.

Make sure that they have silver blades. They should also be noted as Razor blades.

Good luck!

ThirdDay
07-13-2006, 07:04 PM
Those little hedge trimmers are pieces of junk, Gee well lets see they are capable of doing about 25% of what my extended's are capable of. I don't even bother loading those things on the truck as a matter of fact all the POO POO Echo is backup and I have quite a few pices of it. The only thing I use on a regular basis is the pole saw and I am debating at this moment as to weather I should get rid of all my other Echo POO POO products!!!!!!!!!!! POO POO PERIOD is what the company should be called.

REALSLOW is the PERFECT screen name for you.....might I also suggest "REALDUMB"??

REALSLOW
07-13-2006, 07:25 PM
REALSLOW is the PERFECT screen name for you.....might I also suggest "REALDUMB"?? I have been doing this off and on for 25 years mostly on.
The echo stuff is OK at best. I started buying their stuff in 1984 and that was when they made some fairly tough products. I have had OK service out of ECHO but their newer hedge trimmers are really poorly made. Gearboxes were made of cheese the blades were cheese, they always needed adjusting and fiddeling with,the cut was not very good but they are light and handle well if they are making them stronger now I believe that is good because on a scale of 1 to 10 they were a 4!

HenryB
07-13-2006, 07:41 PM
I have found most Echo products to be the worst of commercial brands. Ironically, I think the hedgers are their best piece. Redmax I feel are the best.

REALSLOW
07-13-2006, 07:55 PM
[QUOTE=HenryB]I have found most Echo products to be the worst of commercial brands. Ironically, I think the hedgers are their best piece. Redmax I feel are the best.[/QUOTE Right the Echo stuff is mediocre my last 2 Echo purchases were a PB 650 POO POO, Redmax 8000 stomps it in power and reliability. I bought a SMR 260 weedeater POO POO has not run right since day one. The pole saw would be great if the motor ran right, the new Echo stuff is so lean it willl not run. I use Redmax backpacks GREAT!, the oldstyle Shindiawa T 270's T350's T 25's I have tons of these parts. Marayuma hedge trimmers with lots of Echo back up trimmers, hedge trimmers if I need them. You are right the Echo hedge trimmers are light and easy to use all day. The old echo hedge trimmers were real tough!

lawnboy dan
10-02-2008, 04:06 PM
hurray! i have a dealer at last!!!! a local shop has started carrying the whole mauryama line and i actually was able to get the parts i needed! my trusty trimmer and industry leading extended hedge trimmers now no longer leak gas like a sive and are back on the job!

jkilov
10-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Another satisfied maruyama hedge trimmer owner here. Heavy duty and the blades are as tough as they come.

Their other stuff is'nt that interesting. Look at hedge trimmers and sprayers, they're top notch. And perhaps the new trimmers with the CE engines, they work like redmax strato-charged but recirculate exhaust to prevent fuel short-cut.

lawnboy dan
10-03-2008, 09:13 AM
i agree there other stuff dosnt stand out but their hedge trimmers are a cut above every one else.