PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Minor Problem

FearThisDeere
06-28-2006, 07:00 PM
On my dad's 2003 Dakota, the blower for the heat and AC stopped working. The defroster and AC work, but they just don't get blow out into the cab. Neither the fron or back vents work. Anybody have any ideas? I am sure that it is some sort of relay, but I have no idea where to start. The fuse seemed good. Is this something that I can fix or is it a mechanic thing? Thanks in advance.

rough cut
06-28-2006, 08:27 PM
Can you hear the blower motor running? If you can then the problem might be a vacuum leak or something in the dash area that has come loose. It might also be the vacuum control switch in the control panel where the controls are located. On Fords its actually behind the control knob. Take a look at the panel of the truck and see if you can remove the control panel and see if there is a grouping of small black tubes connected to the panel. The tubes are about the dia. of a 18 gauge insulated wire. Much smaller then vacuum lines in the engine area. Save some bucks and change it out instead of the dealer. I saved over $100 on my Mustang by replacing the controller myself.