PDA

View Full Version : Farmer tan!

kc2006
06-28-2006, 09:46 PM
Alright, who's got a good farmer tan kicking? I got a good picture of my legs and my perminint socks!

Petr51488
06-28-2006, 09:51 PM
Thats nasty..

kc2006
06-28-2006, 09:52 PM
You secretly love it...

grasswhacker
06-28-2006, 09:53 PM
I thought a farmers tan was having your arms, face and neck tan, but the rest of your body lilly white (like mine,lol). I have never seen a farmer wear shorts while working.

Dirty Water
06-28-2006, 09:54 PM
I'm trying to avoid the t-shirt farmers tan this year by wearing a tank top more often but its not helping.

My legs are perma white, I never wear shorts. This is a picture of me from '02 the first year I got into the green biz...Made the mistake of taking my shirt off:

http://jholland.phpwebhosting.com/pictures/cooked.jpg

kc2006
06-28-2006, 10:02 PM
I can't do pants. Never used to wear pants even in the winter but I finally own one pair of jeans. I'd die if I wore jeans while working.

If I take a picture of me with my shirt off you wouldnt be able to tell because I'm still wearing a sweater underneith.

Groundskeepers Services
06-28-2006, 10:07 PM
I have a name for that "permasocks". Mine are so bad they dont even go away in the winter. I've been trying to wear pants as much as possible this year to avoid it, however they wont go away. Im starting to consitter going to the tanner for just my legs.

Grass Man
06-28-2006, 10:34 PM
I thought a farmers tan was having your arms, face and neck tan, but the rest of your body lilly white (like mine,lol). I have never seen a farmer wear shorts while working.

.... I thought they called that a redneck tan!?
:)

nmez21
06-29-2006, 12:11 AM
Now all the questions are getting stirred up inside my head- kc: that's disgusting, the whole thing. Keep on keepin' it real :walking: .

As a matter of fact I took a really hot pic of my foot the other day. You know, just like everyone does when they've got a little time on their hands.:rolleyes:

Anyways, you'll notice my cute "permasocks" along with a fashion trend that you'll soon see in the Sac's 5th Avenue Late-Summer catalog.

ENJOY!!:usflag:
http://www.freewebs.com/pdcbaseball06/snsched3%20038ls.JPG

mcwlandscaping
07-02-2006, 10:19 PM
i got a nasty permanent farmers tan on my arms, i guess i could wear tank tops more and get rid of it, but, i don't! i do stay tan all year though, which is nice

dcondon
07-02-2006, 10:38 PM
i got a nasty permanent farmers tan on my arms, i guess i could wear tank tops more and get rid of it, but, i don't! i do stay tan all year though, which is nice

Same as I am. My arms will be tan all winter and they never burn during the summer. If I take my shirt off it's a different story!!

J&R Landscaping
07-03-2006, 06:48 PM
My arms and legs are decently tan and thanks to a weekend outing, my chest is now somewhat tan as well. I'll stay tan thoughout the year. In the winter, I have no problem wearing short (though most times I'm in jeans or Dickies) but during the summer I am mostly in shorts. Even though my legs get covered in grass, I just can bear being in jeans in the summer. Some days though, I will wear dickes but I swear that I am less productive on those days!

Brendan Smith
07-05-2006, 11:58 AM
i have a short sleeve tan line that never goes away (even in winter here i usually wear short sleeves). i wear boots with shorts on saturdays (when i'm in the field all day) so i actually have 2 sock-tan lines on my legs. talk about weird looking!!

TNT Lawncare
07-05-2006, 08:34 PM
Just go tanning a couple times a week and there is no problem with any of the tan lines.

G.M.Landscaping
07-05-2006, 09:19 PM
KC...you are one white boy. Those feet are glowing.
My feet look like your legs. Anyways thanks for the laughs.

Dirt Digger2
07-05-2006, 09:24 PM
i got arms as dark as my belt below my elbows with sun bleeched hair and a redneck like no other...girlfriend hates it and tells me to work without a shirt on...i told her i'm already on a road to early skin cancer and i dont need to fry anymore of myself.

elmo1537
07-05-2006, 09:31 PM
this is from the last year on the fourth of july we installed 20 yard of mulch. I bought some of that spray on sunblock but rather than blocking the sun it deep fried my shoulders. I had third degree sunburns from shoulder to shoulder. I have never seen this happen to anyone but i am living proof that it can. I still have scars from it today.

DLS1
07-05-2006, 09:37 PM
You guys remind of people that know smoking causes cancer but still smoke. Now they have some type of excuse since smoking is addictive.

working outdoors getting those cool tans day after day can cause cancer. Last time I heard getting a tan isn't addictive.

Wear a long sleeve shirt ALWAYS and a cap and sunscreen or get an indoor job.

Freddy_Kruger
07-05-2006, 10:12 PM
All this proves is you washed your feet.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=59339&stc=1&d=1151545574

Doogiegh
07-05-2006, 11:10 PM
this is from the last year on the fourth of july we installed 20 yard of mulch. I bought some of that spray on sunblock but rather than blocking the sun it deep fried my shoulders. I had third degree sunburns from shoulder to shoulder. I have never seen this happen to anyone but i am living proof that it can. I still have scars from it today.

Best of luck with your melanoma cancer treatments in 2020.

POPO4995
07-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Yeah, i got the farmer tan going to....including the sock line! Im on the road to early skin cancer also....I try to wear sunscreen but sometimes I forget!:rolleyes:

ProStreetCamaro
07-19-2006, 08:57 PM
My GF said my feet are gross. I asked her why and she said its because they always look like I have socks on.

RedWingsDet
07-20-2006, 01:32 AM
When I take my shirt off, it still looks like im wearing a shirt because my chest is so white but my arms are dark as night....

I wonder how many of us have our left arm tanner than the right due to the arm out the window.

Up North
07-20-2006, 01:47 AM
I've got the permanent double sock line going. Some days for whatever reason I'll wear longer socks, then other days I wear the ankle socks...:rolleyes:

I've also got the permanent watch going on my left wrist...:hammerhead:

Buck

tylermckee
07-20-2006, 02:47 AM
my left arm is always darker than the other from sitting in the excavator all day with the door open. right side doesnt get any sun, and depending on how im positioned my left will bake.