PDA

View Full Version : Ok, its finally time to buy!!!!! opinions

lzrj
06-29-2006, 12:34 AM
Ive been on this site for many months now reading as much as I can to help in my quest to find a mower (I feels like I know everything about mowers now but that still doesn't make me a good decision maker). After reading everything I have and looking at everything out there, I have narrowed my picks to three. Here they are.

1) Cub Cadet M48 23hp
2) Ferris 1500 21hp
3) Hustler Mini Z 19hp

All have the 48" deck and all dealers seem like they will be there after the sale. The Ferris I like because of the suspension making for a smoother ride. The Tank I like because it is big, muscular and looks very well made. I like the Hustler because everyone else seems to like them and I see them used around here a lot by the professionals. I can get all three between the prices of $6,075 - $6,375 out the door which is at my MAX price range. Which one of these mowers would be the best for this homeowner with 4 aces to mow and produce a good looking cut. The one with the most favors will probably make my finally decision.

ProStreetCamaro
06-29-2006, 01:10 AM
Go with which ever one you will get the best service from the dealer. Ask the dealer questions such as there turn around time on a broken mower. I am partial to Cub Tanks. Ours is brand new with only 54 hours on it so far. BTW we have the M48 with 23 kaw.

mike lane lawn care
06-29-2006, 01:16 AM
the ferris is said to be one of the most user friendly and most comfortable machines around.

smcunningham
06-29-2006, 01:24 AM
m48 cub.....my z-wing is great I have the first m48 that came out in the shop as a backup...cuts / runs just as good as my new ztr

Palmer'sLS
06-29-2006, 01:50 AM
get that mini z ...i have it...its awesome....i wouldnt have anything but a hustler ever again!!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Budget
06-29-2006, 08:16 AM
I have a Ferris 1500 52" 25 hp. so far i can't complain about it. But don't think it will ride like a Caddy, cause it wont. But smooths it out some.

Like Prostreetcamaro, said go with a good dealer close to you. If you are going so save a $100 going to someone furhter are you realy saving?

Good luck

tacoma200
06-29-2006, 10:06 AM
Hustler, Hustler, Huster.

leading edge lawn service
06-29-2006, 11:53 AM
I have the 23/52 mini Z and love it. I would highly recommend Hustler. But it also depends on your dealers in your area. Mine for Hustler is close by and gives great service.

lzrj
06-29-2006, 02:52 PM
One problem I have is how do you really know what dealer will give you good service until after you buy and then deal with them for repairs (which I hope will not happen for last least 10 years). I don't know anyone personally to ask that has dealings with any of our local dealers. I can ask each dealer questions but they all are going to tell me good things about themselves. Since I'm not a commercial cutter I think for me the most important is the best mower and not really rely on which dealer will be the best.

logan
06-29-2006, 11:53 PM
The one that is the closest to where you are working the most (that will provide the fastest and best repairs). I also like a lot of speed and comfort in my mowers.

DJL50
06-30-2006, 01:45 AM
I have a big Cub dealer close by. I dropped off a mower there to have the carbs cleaned. Just got it back today. 7 weeks later. Every other shop around is at most two Weeks out on service. Needless to say when I purchased my zero turn it WAS NOT a cub. Any shop that is that far out repairing that many cubs made me not want one. They must have had 150 cubs back in service.
After doing some research I could have went with Hustler but did not think much of the dealer by me. A lot of people seem to like them very much. I ended up with a Toro Estate 52"