PDA

View Full Version : pools

maxkicker
06-29-2006, 11:55 PM
what do you guys do to keep grass out of pools ?

i was mowing a customers pool area today and got a lil grass in the pool
the walkway in between the pool and the grass is about a foot. i had one of my guys blowing while i weedwacked the edge to keep grass from going in
still a little bit got in
so the customer comes outside and gives me a pool scoop and tells me to clean it lol
i told him that i personally did everything i could not to get anything in the pool and that if he wanted me to spend 10 mins cleaning it id have to charge him
he didnt like it but he lived. just wondering what everyone else does?

ProStreetCamaro
06-30-2006, 12:24 AM
what do you guys do to keep grass out of pools ?

i was mowing a customers pool area today and got a lil grass in the pool
the walkway in between the pool and the grass is about a foot. i had one of my guys blowing while i weedwacked the edge to keep grass from going in
still a little bit got in
so the customer comes outside and gives me a pool scoop and tells me to clean it lol
i told him that i personally did everything i could not to get anything in the pool and that if he wanted me to spend 10 mins cleaning it id have to charge him
he didnt like it but he lived. just wondering what everyone else does?

We do exactly what you did. You can only do so much when it comes to pools.

Ramairfreak98ss
06-30-2006, 12:25 AM
ive only semi run into this, personally if they got crap grass that close to their pool you cant cut it without it going in, its their goddam fault. i had a huge lot with a 2+ million dollar house and they had GRASS in spots in their freking pool area, oh well, i do the best i can.

David Haggerty
06-30-2006, 09:21 PM
Actually had a customer say "don't worry about it, the skimmer will get it."
We skim the stray grass clippings out of the pool anyway.
Sometimes we bag around pools just so folks won't get clippings in the pool from their feet.
The pool areas are little. I wouldn't want the customer dissatisfied over that little patch of lawn.
Though we did suck up another skimmer cover. The WB just destroyed it. I keep a spare in the truck. Nobody keeps them screwed down.

Dave

poonero
06-30-2006, 09:31 PM
we bag where its needed and try to weed eat so it throws the grass away from the pool when possible, and of course skim the pool when necessary

Cahsking
06-30-2006, 09:45 PM
Bag and hit it with the lawn vac

lawnmaniac883
06-30-2006, 10:27 PM
I bag lawns that have unenclosed pools. You can only do so much ya know? I also try to maneuver the trimmer so the clippings are discharged away from the pool. I would tell the guy to stuff it if he were my customer. Dont want anyone who is going to complain about a few clippings.

ed2hess
06-30-2006, 10:50 PM
We tell them we will try to avoid getting stuff in the pool but if they want us to skim the top it will be $5.....have had no takers. We have blower guy hang with trimmer guy just like previous response.

topsites
06-30-2006, 11:01 PM
I may be unique in this area because many years ago when I was a young teen, my parents house had an in-ground pool and I know first-hand how much of a pita it is to clean (like especially with the stupid hand skimmer net).

If you've ever tried it, it takes roughly 2 hours for a smallish pool, it's just that much of a pain when there's dirt floating all around.

So, I am very careful not to get stuff in there and if a little bit gets in I will try to fish it out and just be careful, also the backpack blower works halfway to get all the crap all bunched up in a corner so you spend less time skimming (but careful with the blower or you will SINK the debris)... Anyway, in the end much like the rest of the guys, there's only so much time and effort I can spend with this also, I do the best I can and for all else, I am so sorry (cauz I KNOW lol).

Just be highly aware of it, I think that's the best and about only thing you can do.

KINGjosh
07-01-2006, 12:28 AM
I just had a complaint from one of my customers about that. He told me the dam pool guys is saying that I am blowing to much grass in the pool. I am very good about not getting grass in the pool and told the customer to tell the pool guy that i'm doing the best I can, and to just live with the results. The customer laughed,
Then I explained that it was almost impossible to not get a little bit in there. Then I told him he should have at least a 4 foot space between the pool and the grass. This idiot has the grass 1 foot away from the pool.:hammerhead:

mulcahy mowing
07-01-2006, 01:00 AM
bag it that small space can be done on 1 or 2 bags no big deal just bring my handy green landscape barrel

maxkicker
07-01-2006, 12:50 PM
i do bag the area, its the weedwacker that cant be helped
these customers never think when the put pools and gates in
and wonder why i have to raise the price when i cant get a walk behind in the backyard cause theres a freakin 2ft gate!!!!