PDA

View Full Version : Cub M-48 Tank

SunSwept
07-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Hello all:

2 weeks ago, the hdro-drive belt on my Cub Tank broke. "Shredded" would be a better word. When I called for a replacement I was told that there were none in stock because this belt seldom breaks so they took it off of a new Cub that was still in the showroom.

Today, that belt came apart too. There was only about 10 hours on it.

Any Cub owners out there with a suggestion as to what would cause 2 belts that "seldom break" to come apart on me.

zak406
07-01-2006, 04:26 PM
I heard that the tanks shred belts quite often from what ive read on here.

ProStreetCamaro
07-01-2006, 05:10 PM
Hmmm no problems out of our M48. Check to make sure the belt is on correctly. The reason I say this is because there is a spot in the middle of the deck toward the back of the deck where they come very close to touching. Right there in that spot is easy to miss where it goes on the pully and it will cause the belt to shred from rubbing on metal. Its hard to explain but search for a post from Envy lawn service because he posted pictures of what I am describing.

SunSwept
07-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Hmmm no problems out of our M48. Check to make sure the belt is on correctly. The reason I say this is because there is a spot in the middle of the deck toward the back of the deck where they come very close to touching. Right there in that spot is easy to miss where it goes on the pully and it will cause the belt to shred from rubbing on metal. Its hard to explain but search for a post from Envy lawn service because he posted pictures of what I am describing.

Thanks for the advice and I will watch out for that in the future but I think that you might be speaking of the deck belt and the belt from the PTO. My question deals with the belt to the hydro drives which is above the PTO belt. It doesn't go anywhere near the deck.

wriken
07-01-2006, 11:01 PM
I have 3 tank models, no 48's, but have never had a motor to pump belt shred/break. I have replaced them under normal wear, like in the spring of the year I replace them