PDA

View Full Version : Ever heard of this brand of weedeater?

roger miller
07-01-2006, 06:20 PM
I ran across this commercial weedeater a few weeks ago with the name brand Dolmar. Anyone ever had one? It is a straight shaft double string weedeater but it weighs probably as much as a Weedeater featherlight regular weedeater. It is so light which is good for me as much weedeating as I have. Just wondered if anyone has one and if they last. It ran about $250. I have the lightest Shiwandawa I could find and it is still close to half that weight.

hoskm01
07-01-2006, 06:50 PM
http://www.dolmarusa.com/

That them? Ive heard of them now

lawnmaniac883
07-01-2006, 07:50 PM
They make good chainsaws...the makita saws at home depot rental shops are dolmars. Not sure about their trimmers but the guys at arboristsite like their saws.

lawnboy dan
07-01-2006, 09:39 PM
looks like robin made too me. robin makes the lightest weedeaters made. they made the makitas . the dolmar name has been around a long time. they are just putting their name on a robin now looks like. robin= good products

TURF DOCTOR
07-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Local dealer here has them they look okay light, never fired one up we have a redmax dealer here also we haven't looked back since.

Sandgropher
07-01-2006, 11:34 PM
Had one for about a year wasn't the best i've had but still went pretty good,a friend got one and said it was the best he has ever had, got stolen and brought another one the same, this was a while ago and they would have made changes now i guess, but all in all it was a pretty reliable machine, i now have a shindy and kbl kawa. :)

I think Dolmar was from Germany orig(not 100%) sure. :confused:

Tharrell
07-03-2006, 07:07 AM
My dealer handles them and I was looking through some of their info the other day. The trimmers and blowers are Robin. I think they make their own saws in Germany though. They're probably like a lot of other companies, expanding by using other companies products. Robin has made products for Green Machine and Makita. They're tough, light and reliable machines.

naturescape
07-03-2006, 09:29 AM
According the their online catalog, their lightest straight shaft trimmer is 12.5 lbs. The Tanaka 230 (with steel shaft) is 10.2 lbs. And that INCLUDES the trimmer head, unline Shindaiwa's (as an example) specs.