PDA

View Full Version : Because image is everything.......

tthomass
07-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Just gave my truck the weekend wash...........

tthomass
07-02-2006, 05:48 PM
more truck

tthomass
07-02-2006, 05:52 PM
more truck

tthomass
07-02-2006, 05:53 PM
more truck.

tthomass
07-02-2006, 05:54 PM
where the fun is:

grass disaster
07-02-2006, 05:58 PM
do you want to race??

grass disaster
07-02-2006, 06:01 PM
i like your sign

how much to have it printed.

it looks like it is out of aluminum(alumicore)???

tthomass
07-02-2006, 06:04 PM
wait til spring...........it'll be back together then :weightlifter:

what have you done under the hood?

my plans are:

1) either boost it..........i want a solid 250+whp
2) swap it

if i swap i'll do 2 swaps........take my current engine in this one and put into a car for the track (VIR, Summit etc.....road course).......this car is going to remain daily driver too

as for your car........i got my SI just before going to Virginia Tech as something more gas friendly.........the plan was a '68 Camero w/ 427 or 454 or somewhere along those lines but thats not a good car for college.....give me a few years though

tthomass
07-02-2006, 06:07 PM
the sign is on aluminum...........its 20" x 40" + a 11.5" x 25" magnet cost $210ish

got it from a place back home where things are much cheaper.........i can give you an email if you like......just USPS whatever you would get

grass disaster
07-02-2006, 06:09 PM
i had someone paint the motor and cavity and also put in a little bigger cam.

i wish the cam was a little bigger yet although.... a little more flop...flop would be cool.

it's really not that fast as far as top speed. i wouldn't trust it over say... 90 but i will get there real quick.haha

3:55 gears only a 3 speed slap stick

tthomass
07-02-2006, 06:25 PM
guy at local nursery has a late 90's camero........his plate says something like MY LS1........thought it was cocky and like whatever...........fired it up and shook the ground:hammerhead: .......all motor runs a 10.4 1/4 street legal........i know him pretty good from go'n there for material so much, love to go for a ride haha

and he has lots of flop..............flop...............flop

ProStreetCamaro
07-02-2006, 07:01 PM
do you want to race??

Sure as long as you dont mind getting beat down very badly by a small block chevy :laugh:

Here is a link to it at idle. you can hear the pop from the 13.5:1 compression and the lope from the cam and it idles at 1,500. Drop it in gear and you can REALLY hear the lope from the cam as it drops down to 1,000 rpm.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5438345282970814499&q=1976+camaro

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/NewSignature.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/Camarorear-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/Allyouwilleverseeeee.jpg

tthomass
07-02-2006, 07:50 PM
nice........got some #'s?

tthomass
07-02-2006, 07:51 PM
btw..........a STIHL BR600 does wonders for drying off our trucks/cars ;)

ProStreetCamaro
07-02-2006, 08:51 PM
nice........got some #'s?

383 stroker with 13.5:1 compression, 4 bolt main block bored 30 over, callies forged stroker crank, 6" carrillo forged rods, ross forged pistons, ported Brodix Track 1 aluminum heads topped with a 1050 dominator. It has a .650 lift solid roller cam. It is putting 600hp to the ground through a fully built turbo 350 with forward manual valvebody and 4,500 stall converter, 12 bolt rear with moser spool, moser 33 spline axles, c-clip eliminators, 4.56 pro series gears. The suspension is a full S&W ladder bar with coil over koni shocks. :drinkup:

tthomass
07-02-2006, 09:29 PM
well we've got Koni's in common haha........Koni Yellows, set on full firm for the past month since I don't drive my car as much anymore I can tolerate the rough ride

got any 1/4 #'s?

we need a car forum..........not love for the Chevy haha

ProStreetCamaro
07-02-2006, 09:35 PM
well we've got Koni's in common haha........Koni Yellows, set on full firm for the past month since I don't drive my car as much anymore I can tolerate the rough ride

got any 1/4 #'s?

we need a car forum..........not love for the Chevy haha

LOL yeah we do need a car forum on here! Its a mid 10 second car on motor. Its never been sprayed but its set up to do so. Should easily break into the 9's on spray but the car isnt certified and I need to expand the 8 point cage into a 10 point or better to pass NHRA certification and I would have to get my 9.90 license.

FearThisDeere
07-02-2006, 09:59 PM
ProStreetCamaro: That has to be the nicest car that I have seen in a long time. I love the paint and it sounds perfect. It almost brought tears to my eyes! I am a sucker for the mid 70s Camaros. My dad had a '78 when he was younger, but a lady in a hippie bus hit it and totaled it going down a hill. It only had 32,000 on it and this was in 1984. He showed me pictures of the car once and man would I love to have that today.

grassmanak
07-02-2006, 10:08 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b88/lodogg89/fatwhip.jpg

ill race, unless your afraid of 4 cylinders

tthomass
07-02-2006, 10:38 PM
oh do tell.......i'll be more up for "play"............come spring :cry:

and glad to see you didn't post an SRT-4

ProStreetCamaro
07-02-2006, 11:19 PM
ProStreetCamaro: That has to be the nicest car that I have seen in a long time. I love the paint and it sounds perfect. It almost brought tears to my eyes! I am a sucker for the mid 70s Camaros. My dad had a '78 when he was younger, but a lady in a hippie bus hit it and totaled it going down a hill. It only had 32,000 on it and this was in 1984. He showed me pictures of the car once and man would I love to have that today.

Thanks I appreciate that! My cousin does show cars and he did my car last winter. Its a Dupont Hot Hues color called Ragging ruby and it is a pearl paint. My car has been a father son type project. I got it when I graduated high school 9 years ago. I built the motor myself with the help of a now passed away friend (god bless him).

DSLND
07-02-2006, 11:49 PM
This Bad Thing Will beat All Ur "Super Sport Cars"! Lol

1968 VW 43,000 Original miles

-new engine
-shocks
-front end

My car my grandfather gave me when he passed. Were selling it:cry: but we still have my bros 69 Mustang V8 which will now be both ours.

Ramairfreak98ss
07-03-2006, 12:18 AM
truck is nice :) the cars not, how old are you 20-25? lol, the old car is neat too.

tthomass
07-03-2006, 07:30 AM
the cars not? hmph! haha, i'm 22..........wonder how you could tell???

police seem to like it, they keep pull'n me over:hammerhead:

cessnasovereign
07-03-2006, 09:55 AM
guy at local nursery has a late 90's camero........his plate says something like MY LS1........thought it was cocky and like whatever...........fired it up and shook the ground

Indeed they do! :weightlifter:

My 99' Z28, LS1 Camaro.
http://uploader.ws/upload/200607/Picture_044.jpg
Excuse the dirt!

http://uploader.ws/upload/200607/robcar2.jpg
A little cleaner here.

ProStreetCamaro
07-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Indeed they do! :weightlifter:

My 99' Z28, LS1 Camaro.
http://uploader.ws/upload/200607/Picture_044.jpg
Excuse the dirt!

http://uploader.ws/upload/200607/robcar2.jpg
A little cleaner here.

Your pictures arent working! I have a 99 SS 1 of 15 in navy blue metallic.

I am 27 BTW

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/Myss.jpg

ProStreetCamaro
07-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Hey tthomass I notice your from VA? I am in MD so we may not be to far apart. Check out www.racersden.net one day. Its a board with alot of local MD and VA peeps.

Ramairfreak98ss
07-03-2006, 06:23 PM
The 99 z28 looks nice:usflag:

thomas, you have a fart can on that thing too? the police love those around NJ lol. theres crxs and other hondas that are UNGODLY loud with fartcans, strait pipes and headers or eh, a "header" and make a sounds only a ricer could love lol,

prostreet, how fast is your car? we have a lot around here but are more, "toys" than practicallity since NJ the insurance is skyrocket high for anything domestic with a big motor. heres my plate, dont take it personally , there are still a fair share of ls1s that will whoop my butt but most trap 117+ mph and run mid-high 11s.

http://image51.webshots.com/151/2/18/29/526221829zhbvZX_fs.jpg

http://community.webshots.com/album/400536390

ProStreetCamaro
07-03-2006, 07:24 PM
prostreet, how fast is your car? we have a lot around here but are more, "toys" than practicallity since NJ the insurance is skyrocket high for anything domestic with a big motor. heres my plate, dont take it personally , there are still a fair share of ls1s that will whoop my butt but most trap 117+ mph and run mid-high 11s.

The 99 SS is bone stock and has run 12.9 on street tires. The 76 runs mid 10's on the motor and should go 9's on the bottle.

lwcmattlifter
07-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Hey, alright another NOVA guy. tthomas what part of NOVA are you in?

tthomass
07-03-2006, 09:45 PM
I'm right across from Dulles airport.........where's the other N.VA people at up here?

Fart can? HELL NO:nono: .......my car is far from what some moron that watched Fast and the Furious one too many times and raided the closest Advance Auto and Pep Boys

ProStreetCamaro
07-03-2006, 09:48 PM
I'm right across from Dulles airport.........where's the other N.VA people at up here?

Fart can? HELL NO:nono: .......my car is far from what some moron that watched Fast and the Furious one too many times and raided the closest Advance Auto and Pep Boys

Near Dulles? I am in montgomery county about 45 minutes from dulles.

cessnasovereign
07-03-2006, 11:13 PM
oops, here are the pics again of mine..

http://server5.ihostphotos.com/imgt/135098.jpg (http://server5.ihostphotos.com/show.php?id=135098)
http://server5.ihostphotos.com/imgt/135099.jpg (http://server5.ihostphotos.com/show.php?id=135099)

cessnasovereign
07-03-2006, 11:14 PM
Oh and offtopic, but here's me in my old job..

http://server5.ihostphotos.com/imgt/135100.jpg (http://server5.ihostphotos.com/show.php?id=135100)

lol, can ya'll guess what I'm doing?

cessnasovereign
07-03-2006, 11:19 PM
Your pictures arent working! I have a 99 SS 1 of 15 in navy blue metallic.

Sweet! I've been looking at an orange (I think it's Sunset metallic?) SS, but it doesn't have leather or t-tops, sooooo I think it's out. Coming from the 99 with leather and t-tops, I don't think I could do without. Granted I rarely used my t-tops it was nice knowing they were there..

How's insurance on yours? I'm 20, so it's sky high here.. :cry:

kc2006
07-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Nice truck, if it were diesel it'd be just what I want!

Since we're all posting car pics :waving: the bu isn't mine, its a good friends but I have some money in it, my car is so far away from being done that I figured I'd let him use parts off my car just to keep his out, then I have a ride too :D It was kinda fun driving it to the track, racing these blown/pig block/tubbed prostreet cars and some nitro powered retro cars (yes nitro powered!) and beating them with a street car. My monte is set up the same as his just I'll have a few more bars on the cage and I'm going turbo, when his engine kicks the bucket we're going turbo on his too, just a cheap build to keep him in the 9's.

lwcmattlifter
07-04-2006, 09:04 AM

I'm at the Herndon/Reston border.

ProStreetCamaro
07-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Sweet! I've been looking at an orange (I think it's Sunset metallic?) SS, but it doesn't have leather or t-tops, sooooo I think it's out. Coming from the 99 with leather and t-tops, I don't think I could do without. Granted I rarely used my t-tops it was nice knowing they were there..

How's insurance on yours? I'm 20, so it's sky high here.. :cry:

My 99 SS doesnt have leather or T-tops couple that with the color and its a very rare SS. I had T-tops on my 97 Trans Am and I almost never took them off so it doesnt bother me that I dont have them on the SS. GM's leather is hard and Ive never been a big leather fan myselft because its hot in the summer and cold in the winter.

Actually my insurance is cheap. I put the car in my moms name and she put me as a driver so its only 900 a year! When I get married next year we will switch it over to my name and it shouldnt go up much if any.

ProStreetCamaro
07-04-2006, 11:40 AM
Nice truck, if it were diesel it'd be just what I want!

Since we're all posting car pics :waving: the bu isn't mine, its a good friends but I have some money in it, my car is so far away from being done that I figured I'd let him use parts off my car just to keep his out, then I have a ride too :D It was kinda fun driving it to the track, racing these blown/pig block/tubbed prostreet cars and some nitro powered retro cars (yes nitro powered!) and beating them with a street car. My monte is set up the same as his just I'll have a few more bars on the cage and I'm going turbo, when his engine kicks the bucket we're going turbo on his too, just a cheap build to keep him in the 9's.
Nice car for sure! My friends 2000 Z28 with forged rods and pistons, heads and cam on a 200 shot runs 9.80's and its his daily driver! It has a turbo 400 with 4,500 stall and a ford 9" rear to hold the power on stock suspension.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f361/bobsblacknasty/bobssig.jpg

Another friend has a tubbed pontiac astro (vega) that runs 9.50's on an almost stock 454. It is 30 over (468) with 11:1 compression, big roller cam and ported iron heads. It is tubbed with a funny car cage.

cessnasovereign
07-04-2006, 01:09 PM
My 99 SS doesnt have leather or T-tops couple that with the color and its a very rare SS. I had T-tops on my 97 Trans Am and I almost never took them off so it doesnt bother me that I dont have them on the SS. GM's leather is hard and Ive never been a big leather fan myselft because its hot in the summer and cold in the winter.

Actually my insurance is cheap. I put the car in my moms name and she put me as a driver so its only 900 a year! When I get married next year we will switch it over to my name and it shouldnt go up much if any.

Cool, yeah I put my Camaro in my dads name so it would be easier on the insurance...

I rarely took my t-tops off too but I think it makes it look cooler, plus it's nice having it to look out sometimes and it was fun driving with them off in the fall when it's nice and cool and as for the leather, with 15% window tint it kept it cool in the summer but yeah it does get pretty miserable in the winter unless you have auto-start to warm it up first..

I realllllllllllllllly like the Orange SS', or silver with black wheels with a chrome lip.. :cool2:

tthomass
07-04-2006, 08:35 PM
ProStreetCamaro ......he's running stock suspension??? i haven't exactly driven many Cameros but i know they get light in the rear at speed.........i'd want something to handle better, a sway bar at least.........heck koni's and coilovers should even improve his time........again, i'm not a Camero expert

tthomass
07-04-2006, 08:37 PM
lwcmattlifter........i'm off of Centreville Rd @ Frying Pan

so did you go to Longwood in Lynchburg?? i'm from Danville if you're familar with the area

scagboy227
07-04-2006, 11:22 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h57/lowryder227/hgfh.jpg

wana race si for si
but this is no si motoe
thats all i can say

tthomass
07-04-2006, 11:26 PM
RRRRRRR? :clapping:

tthomass
07-04-2006, 11:28 PM
btw............i just got hauled on this afternoon but i'm happy......i want to get it repainted, thank you State Farm..........so we'll see anyway.....:hammerhead:

are those Rota's? don't quite look it.........larger rotors? i used to have a mugen lip but a racoon took car of that, then i got a greddy and i took care of that now i say screw them and just have a clean look and jdm goodies are a plus

ProStreetCamaro
07-05-2006, 12:43 PM
ProStreetCamaro ......he's running stock suspension??? i haven't exactly driven many Cameros but i know they get light in the rear at speed.........i'd want something to handle better, a sway bar at least.........heck koni's and coilovers should even improve his time........again, i'm not a Camero expert

Its the stock configuration but all the rear suspension parts have been upgraded. the thing is the FOOL doesnt have any sort of roll bars or anything. He is flirting with disaster and they kick him out of the track every time he goes. :hammerhead:

lwcmattlifter
07-05-2006, 12:47 PM
lwcmattlifter........i'm off of Centreville Rd @ Frying Pan

so did you go to Longwood in Lynchburg?? i'm from Danville if you're familar with the area

Yup, Longwood University, I graduated in 04. We used to play rugby against danville mens club. They always brought us good shine after the games. I'm at the intersection of Lawyers and Reston parkway.

Matt

lwcmattlifter
07-05-2006, 01:01 PM
That's a chruch parking lot in the background of one of your pics right? I'm surprised I've never seen your truck before especially since I have the contract on the church. Oh well, guess I need to pay a little more attention.

Matt

tthomass
07-05-2006, 01:50 PM
my truck rarely parks there........dump trailer, so its usually on the street

speaking of which, where do you happen to park? i'm buying an enclosed trailer and not sure where i can keep it, i think the street is okay but i'm not sure

my family goes to that church...........did you do the install?

lwcmattlifter
07-05-2006, 03:15 PM
No, i'm not exactly sure who did the main install. That's way more than I can handle. Merrifield garden center may have done it. I know one of the members works at Merrifield and he had a hand in the design. I helped one other member of the church install a few of the beds around the back side and a group of us built the pond one night after work as a gift to the church. It's going to be one royal PITA to mulch the beds next year. Do you usually got to service there? I'm normally at the 9:15 service. I used to park in a lot in Chantilly but I decided to buy a smaller trailer that I can park in my garage. I know a lot of guys park their trailers on Centerville road across from the fire house 1 block from centerville and frying pan rd. I have parked there a few times when I don't have room.

Matt

tthomass
07-05-2006, 06:25 PM
yeah i've been thinking of parking in front the fire house.............mulching that place should be fun haha.........drove by yesterday looked like a ton of weeds already up through the mulch lower side of the entrance

lwcmattlifter
07-05-2006, 10:30 PM
There are a ton of weeds throughout. I doubt who ever did the install put down a pre-emergent. There are a lot of places that are starting to need more mulch also.

tthomass
07-05-2006, 10:43 PM
sent u a message btw

VWBOBD
07-12-2006, 11:54 PM
wait til spring...........it'll be back together then :weightlifter:

what have you done under the hood?

my plans are:

1) either boost it..........i want a solid 250+whp
2) swap it

if i swap i'll do 2 swaps........take my current engine in this one and put into a car for the track (VIR, Summit etc.....road course).......this car is going to remain daily driver too

as for your car........i got my SI just before going to Virginia Tech as something more gas friendly.........the plan was a '68 Camero w/ 427 or 454 or somewhere along those lines but thats not a good car for college.....give me a few years though

250 hp??????....that mopar will still bust your a$$ and then some....ricers:rolleyes:

Daner
07-13-2006, 05:22 PM
Just gave my truck the weekend wash...........
Image...You are so right!!! a clean truck...clean machine... a clean set of tools...makes the world of diference , In making your company grow
Daner

South Florida Lawns
07-13-2006, 05:39 PM
I got something faster than all your girlie cars.

Well when its finished it will be faster..... If it ever gets done.

tthomass
07-17-2006, 08:16 PM
"250 hp??????....that mopar will still bust your a$$ and then some....ricers"

first i'm not a ricer, a ricer is someone who goes to Pep Boys to "hook up" their car

250 is the base hp i'm looking for if i boost.......on my little 1.6L, STOCK local shops are tuning 312whp at 12lbs boost.........that is good for a low 12 1/4

but something you're forgetting is my car weighs a lot less than a muscle car requiring less power to go fast 1/4 and i can out handle you on a road course

VWBOBD
07-17-2006, 09:22 PM
"250 hp??????....that mopar will still bust your a$$ and then some....ricers"

first i'm not a ricer, a ricer is someone who goes to Pep Boys to "hook up" their car

250 is the base hp i'm looking for if i boost.......on my little 1.6L, STOCK local shops are tuning 312whp at 12lbs boost.........that is good for a low 12 1/4

but something you're forgetting is my car weighs a lot less than a muscle car requiring less power to go fast 1/4 and i can out handle you on a road course

MY cAYENNE TURBO S IS STOCK AND WOULD KILL YOU ON THE TWISTYS!! NOT TO MENTION ON EVERYTHING ELSE AS WELL. AND IF YOUR CAR CAME FROM THE CONTINENT OF RICE EATERS....YOU MY FRIEND, ARE A RICER

tthomass
07-17-2006, 10:22 PM
I think your caps lock is stuck. With what you paid for your car I could build 2 that would punish you on the track but instead I put my money into my business...........and your statement is like a Ferrari owner after being beat'n by a STI, EVO, Honda, Toyota or whatever.......you have a nice car but its not the best, nor is mine

DoetschOutdoor
07-18-2006, 10:40 PM
Some of those little cars are pretty quick, like a Suburu beating down a 390hp cobra or whatever. I think it comes down to whether or not you want to feel a little motor or a big motor when you put your foot into it. I prefer the big motor, muscle car feel but thats just me

Turf Terror
07-19-2006, 01:01 AM
Some nice rides you guys have...and fast off the line.
But....watch your rearview mirror. I'll catch you quick.
1988 Porsche 930
Factory original Slantnose
Modified suspension
Custom stainless exhaust w/4inch outlet
3.8 Twin Turbo upgraded and tweaked
477HP on dyno@7200RPM
Top Speed--188MPH

tat900
07-19-2006, 09:55 AM
ill race yall anytime ive got two motors for my car one makes 778 at the crank and mo short track motor makes 550 at the crank and my car weighs 2400 with fuel and driver and it will make a pass down a drag strip too and the subaru has a better 0-60 time than vettes

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/tat900/z-a-i-52K-KylePrater.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/tat900/z-i-52K-KylePrater.jpg
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/tat900/MVC-388S.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/tat900/MVC-044S.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/tat900/MVC-043S.jpg

tthomass
07-19-2006, 10:03 PM
dirt tracks is where its at

turf terror..........got a 1/4 or idea? 11's? nice car

Turf Terror
07-20-2006, 04:28 AM
dirt tracks is where its at

turf terror..........got a 1/4 or idea? 11's? nice car
My son took it to New England Dragway when I was up North visiting.
He ran mid-12's with it. The 5-speed is a little slow to shift in a Porsche.
0-60 time is 5 seconds though....you only have to get it in second gear for that. LOL

tat900
07-20-2006, 10:33 AM
[QUOTE=tthomass]dirt tracks is where its at

i like it alot more than drag racing but it cost alot more and i mean alot more i built a big block 84 mustang all motor and it was in the neighborhood of 15 grand my outlaw motor cost 15 grand alone but theres no better feeling than slingin a car at 80 in a turn but i also mow just to pay for this hobby

VWBOBD
07-30-2006, 05:44 AM
Some nice rides you guys have...and fast off the line.
But....watch your rearview mirror. I'll catch you quick.
1988 Porsche 930
Factory original Slantnose
Modified suspension
Custom stainless exhaust w/4inch outlet
3.8 Twin Turbo upgraded and tweaked
477HP on dyno@7200RPM
Top Speed--188MPH

Dude , I used to have one of those!! Ive had various 9's over the years. My latest project is a 71 911 targa

Turf Terror
07-30-2006, 09:22 AM
Dude , I used to have one of those!! Ive had various 9's over the years. My latest project is a 71 911 targa
Sounds like fun...
What are you doing to it?

VWBOBD
07-31-2006, 11:13 PM
Sounds like fun...
What are you doing to it?

I was going to upgrade it, you know, wide flares, newer engine, the whole nine. But as I inspected it I realized that it was in remarkable condition. Sure it had the typical rust, (floorpan, door jambs, trunk pan ,etc..) but it was complete and untouched. So I had it totally stripped down, new factory sheet metal installed where the rust was, had floor and trunk pans fiberglassed inside and out, totally repainted and wet sanded, and have had the chrome redone and installed new seals. I currently have the engine dismantled and im in the process of a total rebuild and repainting all the engine components just like when it was new. I also orderd a complete decal kit for the engine bay, trunk bay, and any other decal that may have been on it. This is going to be as near perfect as I can get it. I will upload my process pics and post them as soon as I get time.

Turf Terror
07-31-2006, 11:47 PM
Cool...
Looking forward to some pics.