PDA

View Full Version : Mow over spent fireworks on lawn?

General Landscaping
07-03-2006, 01:33 AM
On the 5th; how do you handle spent fireworks on the lawn?
If the customer had a day to get things cleaned up, it would be no question, mow 'em.
A lot of people have a mess of rockets and mortars that rained down in the overnight and have not had a chance on Wednesday morning:confused:

jt5019
07-03-2006, 01:58 AM
depends how big the pieces are. if they are really big i would pick them up and leave them a nice pile in the driveway. If they are really small i would just mow over it.

29 Palms Property Management
07-03-2006, 09:47 AM
I plan on walking the properties and picking most of them up and disposing of them. I know it'll take a few extra minutes per property, but it's little things like that that go a long way in peoples eyes. Most of my customers are great, and usually tip me most of the time, so it's the least I can do. Plus if I don't do it, how long will it all be on the lawn? A long time I assume. Get it done once and be done with it for good.

rodfather
07-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Personally, I wouldn't touch them and/or run over them...that is their problem IMO to dispose of them. Would ya run over spent or unused 12 gauge shotgun shells lying in the backyard if the owner decided to do some skeet shooting one afternoon?

Frontier-Lawn
07-03-2006, 09:17 PM
i would pick them up and then bill for it.

PROCUT1
07-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Keep on mowin. Unless they are huge spent mortars, those should probably kick out of the way, but bottle rockets and such mulch up nicely.