PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Mow In Sun Light !!!

Sandgropher
07-03-2006, 08:23 AM
A recent report by the CSIRO division of atmospheric reseach and enery technology found that when grass is mowed, it increases the production of chemicals classed as volitile organic compounds (vocs) by 100 times. :dizzy:

The chemicals known as hexenyl compounds , are harmless to humans on their own but become photochemically active when they react with heat and sunlight. :dizzy:

They combine with oxides of nitrogen from cars and industry and create what is commonly known as photochemical smog. :dizzy:

Ozone , which is the main component of smog can be harmful to humans and has been linked to Asthma and deaths from respiratory illness. :dizzy: :cry:

Grass responds to an injury when mowed and produces massive amounts of the chemicals, up to 100 times more than usual as a defense mechanism.:cry:

An EPA spokes person says "it renforces the importance of controls on air pollution that we can control."

So please remember not to mow when their is sun light or heat about.:)

Walmart are now taking applications for employment..........:waving:

I hope changing your schedule to night mowing will give you more time to spend with the family. :) :usflag:

29 Palms Property Management
07-03-2006, 09:42 AM
"Good afternoon! Welcome to Walmart! Get your **** and get the **** out!"
I've been practicing all weekend. I think I've got it!

Sandgropher
07-03-2006, 09:48 AM
I should point out some turf farms have jumped on this information so they can sell their slower growing varieties, i wonder when lawn mowing will be banned, or if we will have to rip out fast growing varieties and replace with slowing growing turf.

Maybe govts will put a high levy on fast growing turf to get people to buy slower varieties.payup payup payup

I guess some one soon will come up with a new , cheap spray that will slow the growth down on lawns so it only needs cutting once every 6 months, govts will prob subsidize the cost making it cheaper.

Who likes working at Walmart ???

topsites
07-03-2006, 10:05 AM
IF you're not cutting in the sunlight, when would you cut? :cry:

If you think this is so funny because it affects the business, what about the homeowner?

If anyone thinks I even pay attention to this kind of horse manure, they are sadly mistaken. Humans have been cutting grass for thousands of years in the light of day, if you wish to reduce pollution, stop driving.

Sandgropher
07-03-2006, 10:13 AM
Sounds like the best time to mow is when raining/night time or when the sun is behind the clouds(shut down as soon as comes out again):laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The green house people take it seroiusly, save our ozone layer etc.

topsites
07-03-2006, 10:14 AM
Sounds like the best time to mow is when raining/night time or when the sun is behind the clouds(shut down as soon as comes out again):laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The green house people take it seroiusly, save our ozone layer etc.

Well ok, I know what you mean.

Brendan Smith
07-03-2006, 01:43 PM
"Good afternoon! Welcome to Walmart! Get your **** and get the **** out!"
I've been practicing all weekend. I think I've got it!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: THAT'S GREAT!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

you almost made me spit up my dr. pepper:drinkup:

DBL
07-03-2006, 01:48 PM
ok i gotta go guys i have to go put lights on all the mowers so we can mow between the hours of 12am to 5am to make the epa happy

lawnmaniac883
07-03-2006, 02:01 PM
Im sure right after the epa ****** said this he jumped into his gas hog SUV and drove away.

Good one 29 palms :laugh:

upidstay
07-03-2006, 03:28 PM
And I'm sure everybody's customers will be real happy when you fire up a 25 horse kawi motor outside their bedroom window at 3 am!!!

olderthandirt
07-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Humans have been cutting grass for thousands of years in the light of day

Roman empire would not have grown to conquer the world if not for the lawn boys mowing the way :laugh: :confused: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

puppypaws
07-03-2006, 11:44 PM
A recent report by the CSIRO division of atmospheric reseach and enery technology found that when grass is mowed, it increases the production of chemicals classed as volitile organic compounds (vocs) by 100 times. :dizzy:

The chemicals known as hexenyl compounds , are harmless to humans on their own but become photochemically active when they react with heat and sunlight. :dizzy:

They combine with oxides of nitrogen from cars and industry and create what is commonly known as photochemical smog. :dizzy:

Ozone , which is the main component of smog can be harmful to humans and has been linked to Asthma and deaths from respiratory illness. :dizzy: :cry:

Grass responds to an injury when mowed and produces massive amounts of the chemicals, up to 100 times more than usual as a defense mechanism.:cry:

An EPA spokes person says "it renforces the importance of controls on air pollution that we can control."

So please remember not to mow when their is sun light or heat about.:)

Walmart are now taking applications for employment..........:waving:

I hope changing your schedule to night mowing will give you more time to spend with the family. :) :usflag:If something like that would come in play don't think for one minute your federal government would not put you to mowing grass entirely at night, they are putting more and more restrictions on us as farmers some you could not even believe. The air quality is so bad around Charlotte, NC the federal government is threatening to cut their money off until they drop the pollution level (we are talking about money they are borrowing from Japan to keep their heads above water).

garth1967
07-03-2006, 11:56 PM
it would give me the opportunity to get some extra shopping done during the daylight hours.plus i think i would get away with mowing in the nude working at night:clapping:

mr mow
07-04-2006, 12:37 AM
:headphones: :drinkup: :waving: :cool2: :blob2: :bday: payup :drinkup: :clapping: :) :usflag: ;) :canadaflag: :rolleyes: :dancing: :nono: :clapping: :walking: TOPSITE allready has got the slow growing formula for grass,thats why he only cut eow. j/k kidding t-site

Jay Ray
07-04-2006, 01:13 AM
Something got to take us out. Mow til you die.

Richard Martin
07-04-2006, 09:17 AM
Humans have been cutting grass for thousands of years in the light of day, if you wish to reduce pollution, stop driving.

Just a little history here... Widespread mowing as we do it today has only been done for the last hundred years or so. The first "lawn mowing" wasn't mowing. Back before the invention of the mechanical mower in the mid 1800s grass was either cut by hand or before that it was simply trampled over. I think the first mower was a modified cotton gin and was so heavy it had to be pulled by horses. Before the invention of modern mowers only extremely well-to-do people such as royalty could afford to have their "lawns" mowed by slaves.

Sandgropher
07-04-2006, 09:59 AM
When the goverments come for our mowers, we shall fight them in the towns, we shall fight them in the cities and on the nude beaches..........:weightlifter: :usflag: .:canadaflag: : aussie flag

WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER !!! :gunsfirin :gunsfirin :gunsfirin :gunsfirin

Look out boys after they get your guns it will be mowers next.......:gunsfirin .

Start stockpileing your equiptment now in secret locations.......

First LS will be shut down, then lightening raids around the world will occur ,
may god be on our side, good luck men and women.

If they get your mowers, look on the bright side there will be plenty of time for drinking.:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :aussie flag

topsites
07-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Just a little history here... Widespread mowing as we do it today has only been done for the last hundred years or so. The first "lawn mowing" wasn't mowing. Back before the invention of the mechanical mower in the mid 1800s grass was either cut by hand or before that it was simply trampled over. I think the first mower was a modified cotton gin and was so heavy it had to be pulled by horses. Before the invention of modern mowers only extremely well-to-do people such as royalty could afford to have their "lawns" mowed by slaves.

Yeah but it was still done in day light.

garth1967
07-04-2006, 10:15 AM
When the goverments come for our mowers, we shall fight them in the towns, we shall fight them in the cities and on the nude beaches..........:weightlifter: :usflag: .:canadaflag: : aussie flag

Look out boys after they get your guns it will be mowers next.......:gunsfirin .

If they get your mowers, look on the bright side there will be plenty of time for drinking.:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :aussie flag

on the nude beaches hey.....................i must admit i was scared when i started reading this thread but now .i cant wait ................bring it on

Luvs2Play
07-04-2006, 11:51 AM

Don't forget, in Mississippi, they banned sex toys a few months ago, and not just the gas powered ones!

Dashunde
07-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Back before mowers didnt the animals graze on it? Thus producing greenhouse gasses (farts)?

Question:
Are those chemicals responsible for the "fresh-cut" grass smell?

LONEMAN
07-04-2006, 09:34 PM
If this is true, show me the source!! :rolleyes:

old dog 80
07-04-2006, 09:51 PM
ok i gotta go guys i have to go put lights on all the mowers so we can mow between the hours of 12am to 5am to make the epa happy
Then you will be arrested for running power equipment at night when it is restricted.Just stay at home all the time but make sure to pay all taxes.Wonder
if the sod farms funded this study? Oh,BTW eating bar b que and baked beans
is also illegal due to emissions created.

Sandgropher
07-04-2006, 10:20 PM

G/DAY lone man, i am sorry that my computer skills care not up to a high standard so i cant cut or paste etc, i cant bring up the right page but try this.

www.wcturf.com.au/couch.shtml

you need to go to page 6 of what makes Plateau so speciall.

They are getting their info from research from the CSIRO which is an Australian goverment research lab in agriculture.

Any way may be some one with better skills can get the actual report from CSIRO. cheers

Sandgropher
07-05-2006, 01:26 AM

See also http://www.cmar.csiro.au.

I cant find the actual report but i am sure some body out there in LS can do it, with there advanced searching skills, i believe 100% that this report is genuine as this is the type of stuff they would waste tax payers money on.

Sandgropher
07-05-2006, 03:07 AM
O.K guys here is a quicker link for any body interested.

http://www.wcturf.com.au/plateau_report.html

It makes interesting reading changing the mowing requirement from once a week in summer to once every 4 weeks.

For those wanting the quotes on VOCs go straight to the section:

"WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF GROWING PLATEAU ?"

ENVIROMENTAL.

Its very funny but some one said on a thread a week ago that one of his pregnant customers complained that she felt sick after he mowed the lawn, i laughed at that, now i believe its true as women are more sensitive to smells etc so there may be more to this so than meets the eye ???

Any way i dont think any goverment will ban mowing they will just ask people to grow slower growing turf, this means if you service 100 cust you will be serviceing 200+ later prob will not make to much diff to you income, you may make more as your cust base is a lot larger for selling add on jobs mulching, landscaping etc.:drinkup: :drinkup:

Sandgropher
07-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Global warming Mr KRUGER is cause by cars, industry and lawnmowing according to scientists.

Has every body stopped mowing yet to save our planet.:laugh: :laugh: :drinkup: :drinkup:

LONEMAN
07-05-2006, 11:12 AM
And I thought the only thing unhealthy about cutting grass was the fumes from the mower... :dizzy:

Sandgropher
07-05-2006, 09:07 PM
And I thought the only thing unhealthy about cutting grass was the fumes from the mower... :dizzy:

I think they are saying cutting the grass alone is not the problem, its when the gases combine with car gases etc its becomes a problem, so i guess you could say the same thing about lawn mower fumes, its OK to mow your lawn just do not use a lawn mower to do it.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ........to be on the safe side use an electric mower or a pair of scissors...:laugh: :laugh:

Any way i think the sensible thing to do is we all stop mowing for a year and let the scientists do further research, gotta go i start at Walmart at 9.00am.:waving: