PDA

View Full Version : Scraped up decks

Lawn Enforcer
07-03-2006, 11:31 AM
My deck on my Toro 44" is pretty scaped up and scratched so I want to paint it to look more professional. What kind of paint? Methods of painting? Powder coating?
Any advice is appreciated.

Liquidfast
07-03-2006, 01:08 PM
Tremclad baby! Paint like you've never painted before. Look at it this way, you are asking for advice on how to paint it right? But you stated it was beat up pretty bad.....so, I am thinking, any six year old with an ounce of artistic expression will paint it to look reasonably better than what you described.

Paint it like its your first day mowing grass!

ProStreetCamaro
07-03-2006, 03:46 PM
If you want to do it correctly and have some time then strip the mower down to bare frame and deck. Have it sand blasted then you can get the paint and primer from your toro dealer (to be the exact color it was brand new) and paint that bad boy! It will look like a brand new mowoer when your done.

Frontier-Lawn
07-03-2006, 04:51 PM
one guy around here took off his decks and rino lined top and bottom of them. looks pretty good i think.

lawnmaniac883
07-03-2006, 05:13 PM
IMO, repainting a deck is definately a winter activity. To do it right you need to drop the deck from the frame, remove ALL parts attached to it including spindles. After the deck is completely stripped either take it to your local paint shop and have them sandblast it or use a sander and have at it. After you get to bare metal, use a quality primer from a paint store, preferable automotive. Then top coat with paint of your choice, as stated above, toro dealers can get you the exact paint to match. Alot of work for it to just get beaten up again IMO.