PDA

View Full Version : Quick 36 Mulch Kits??

WJW Lawn
07-03-2006, 03:13 PM
Hey guys...how are the Quick 36 Mulch Kits???? Do they work well? I was going to get the Mulch Kit with the Gators.

lawncare18
07-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Think im gona do the same wjw... gona be nice come fall to just mulch everything. How you liking your machine?

WJW Lawn
07-03-2006, 03:27 PM
Love the machine! But because of all the rain...these clippings are killing me, and I just wanna know how well this thing will mulch those clippings down. Hows your machine doing?? Did you get everything straight?

lawncare18
07-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Yea gary got eveyrthing figured out for me!!! Very impresed with the whole deal so far. I have a sulky seems to wana pull to the left but it still runs good. Did you get the super fox? I thought I remembered someone else saying there sulky also pulled to the left? Idk maybe it was a diff mower.

WJW Lawn
07-03-2006, 03:48 PM
No Sulky here...and I got the Samurai...and just ordered the mulch kit and gators...so im hoping this helps with some clippings.

lawncare18
07-03-2006, 03:54 PM
Im sure it will help... Ive noticed even with the hihg grass still seems to shoot the clipings out very very nice and even so Ive just been double cutting my yard or blow if it is real bad...

TAZ
07-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Mine works pretty good. I just have the standard high lifts with the plate. As long as the grass is dry and your not trying to take off too much at a time there isn't anything left on the lawn. I want to try the gators also.

-TAZ

lawncare18
07-03-2006, 04:45 PM
I think it will just be nice to have an extra set of blades just in case you ever hit something...

WJW Lawn
07-03-2006, 05:21 PM
Yea Ive got some clients who refuse to have their lawns mowed weekly...and with all the rain we've had...it looks like the damn Amazon when I show up. So Im hoping the mulch kit and gators will help a little. Im not expecting a miracle...just a little relief. The actual miracle would be these certain PITA customers realizing that we are no longer in a drought...lol

lawncare18
07-03-2006, 05:44 PM
and they let you cut it every week... idk wjw the way id look at that as much as it sucks and i know you prob love to leave your lawns perfect is... if they only want it cut every two weeks what can they expect when its growing so fast? You consider the bager at all.. I was thinking it would be nice in my yard becuase we have a lot of big maple trees.

jameson
07-03-2006, 08:46 PM
The Q36 shines best when side discharging (its a pretty good bagger too!). The mulch kit only blocks off the side discharge chute, it does not fully baffle the deck. But under ideal conditions - like most mulching - it is up to the task.

I doubt you will be very pleased with the results if you are mowing some lawns every 2 weeks. This is not an ideal condition for mulching.

We did like the results we got in the fall with the gators/mulch kit.

lawncare18
07-03-2006, 09:06 PM
jameson.. does your guys feel the sulky pulls to the left a little when your runing it?

jameson
07-03-2006, 11:32 PM
jameson.. does your guys feel the sulky pulls to the left a little when your runing it?

I have not heard that complaint, but I will ask them. I may be able to answer that mysef since I will be spending more time mowing in the coming months due to my foreman being down and out for a few months...I cant wait! :dizzy:

When you say pull to the left what exactly do you mean? A hard pull that you have to muscle the machine about to get it to track straight? Or a noticable pull but not necessarily an irksome one? Or something in between?

PTP
07-03-2006, 11:36 PM
My machine goes to the left as well - without the sulky.

As near as I can figure it, it is because of the force of the discharge going off to the right because it doesnt pull at all when the blades are not on.

That is a small price to pay for a good machine though.

DylanK
07-04-2006, 12:14 AM
im just wondering but is the quick 36 only hydro on one wheel? if this is the case it may pull to one side because only one wheel is being driven...

lawncare18
07-04-2006, 04:33 AM
Jameson... its just noticible.. its nothing huge where i cant control the mower ... just a little pull when going in strate lines...