PDA

View Full Version : Striping question

tacoma200
07-03-2006, 02:15 PM
Never really got into striping very much. My question involves how long it takes to add and remove a striping roller. I would not want to use it on all properties. So can I adjust it up out of the way when it's not needed and how long does it take (tools involved)? Exmark Lazer Z 60". Comments on other brands welcome.

PJDiesel
07-03-2006, 02:31 PM
I wouldn't see the sense in having one if you I were going to have to install/remove it depending on the property. It acts as a big anti-scalp wheel, If you do get one, you might as well put it on and leave it on.

TNT Lawncare
07-03-2006, 04:23 PM
My Ferris has a glorified "mud flap" as a striper.

tacoma200
07-03-2006, 04:56 PM
I have some properties that are tight and you have to do alot of working around ditches, shrubs, trees,and other things little lady's think are pretty. No sense using them on that type property. But I also have some 2-3 acre lots I thought I might use them on but if they are a hassel to change I would just pass.

TNT Lawncare
07-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Mine actually bolts on to the back of my mowing deck. If you only want it for part time use, I would just not have one.

naturescape
07-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Scag makes one for their Tiger rider, you could check and see if you could fit it to your mower. You can 'TURN' the stripe on or off, kinda cool. If it works at all for you, let me know!

It's on their website.