PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP!!! (walker problem)

s&wlawncare
07-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Ok i have never had any problems with my walker until last year when it started leaving a very small but noticable line of grass uncut in the center of the deck. The grass is normal height, i have not hit anything that i know of, and last year i ended up having to buy a new deck which fixed the problem. Now it is doing the same thing, and i am wondering if anyone can help me figure out what this problem could be. The dealer says i am the only person he has ssen have this problem! HELP!!!

Mowing Freak
07-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Check your blade length unless you already have. If they are wore out then that may cause it. Need to know if it is a bagging deck or side discharge. That will help answer the question better.

tallimeca
07-03-2006, 07:14 PM
if it is a bagging deck, the only thing i've ever seen cause that issue is running 42 inch blades on a 48 inch deck. The blades overlap each other so it's near impossible to leave a strip because if one didn't cut it, the other is comming back for it.

MOW ED
07-03-2006, 07:20 PM
What deck? Any pictures? I have had a Walker for 9 years and can't say that I have heard of this. Is it a wide strip? Where exactly is the grass standing up?
Has the dealer come out to your jobsites and viewed the problem?
As stated above, some causes are worn blades but other things that will cause backups are a clogged screen in the hopper if you are bagging. If air can't freely flow out the back then the air backs up thru the system and eventually at the deck. Excessive speed for conditions is another cause and thats funny because Walker isn't fast but if it is too wet and you are full up then you will definately miss grass. Another potential is that the front caster wheels are mashing the grass and you are not getting it all as you pass. I am reaching for all potential causes so I may not be right on every time. Another thing to check is your chute that is on the back of the deck leading into the blower to make sure nothing is bent or hacked up there.
If you can give more details and some pics for sure will get us helping to solve it for you. Take care.

Brianslawn
07-03-2006, 08:58 PM
is your pto shear pin still in? have you sharpened the blades lately? replaced them?

Ron's Lawncare
07-03-2006, 09:34 PM
i got 3 left hand blades this year that were marked wrong they were for the 42'' deck. i was having the same problem.

edward hedrick
07-04-2006, 09:08 AM
I had a similar problem when cutting light grass. I dropped the 1 space,

solved the problem.

s&wlawncare
07-05-2006, 01:58 PM
Thanks for all of the help. It is a bagging 48'' deck, I am going to try some new blades today to see if that helps.