PDA

View Full Version : snapperpro hydro problem?

Bumblebee the mower
07-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Iam having an irritating problem with my snapper. when at idle the mower inch backwards on its own, It moves forward fine and back normally when asked to.It has about 140 hours on it. The dealer said that is normal for a hydro. I never heard that. I can cut the idle way down and the movement is minimal Please help

ed2hess
07-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Iam having an irritating problem with my snapper. when at idle the mower inch backwards on its own, It moves forward fine and back normally when asked to.It has about 140 hours on it. The dealer said that is normal for a hydro. I never heard that. I can cut the idle way down and the movement is minimal Please help
That can definitely be adjusted out so that when the handles are in the latched position the unit doesn't move. I can't explain the adjustment procedure but there is definitely adjustments that will fix that problem. It does require using some wrenches. I am sorry I can't describe the procedure but you need to learn how to do it because as the parts wear you will have to make the adjustment.

lawnmaniac883
07-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Read the 4th thread from the top and post back. Usually you can adjust the hydros so they are back into neutral but we need more information. Also, if you snapped a pic of the hydro setup then I am 100% sure I/we could tell you how to adjust.

Jim@MilkyWay
07-03-2006, 06:47 PM
Iam having an irritating problem with my snapper.....

As Lawnmaniac883 said ...FPFT in this forum:hammerhead:

You tell 'im Restrorob.