PDA

View Full Version : flat jungle tires

NFC Lawnscapes
07-03-2006, 11:11 PM
I ran over a screw on an overgrown property and now I have a flat right tire on my jungle wheel sulky. I fixed the tiny hole with a patch kit, but now it won't hold air. Any ideas about either replacing it or fixing it? Is it s standard size tire, or what?

rocksrscott
07-04-2006, 12:12 AM
Is it a tube or tubeless tire. I don't know about your brand but mine has a tube in it.

Hope you get it fixed.
Scott

Tharrell
07-04-2006, 05:55 AM
I hope you have a tube in there. Those wheels are 2 piece. They're easy to fix.

Nosmo
07-04-2006, 06:08 AM
You say you patched it. I am going to assume you patched it on the inside. If this tire has no tube get one and put it inside. Make certain you have gotten all the screw out and no other nails etc. are in the tire.

Nosmo

lawnguy001
07-04-2006, 07:30 AM
Both of my Jungle Wheels sulkies have tubes. I had to replace 1 this week. $6.00 for the tube. Easy fix.

sjessen
07-04-2006, 08:07 AM
Also be sure to purchase a replacement tube with a steel valve stem. The wheels cut the rubber ones.

NFC Lawnscapes
07-04-2006, 06:14 PM
where do i get these replacement tubes? what about the task of taking the tire off the wheel and putting it back, etc?

sjessen
07-04-2006, 09:17 PM
Anyone who sells sulkies should carry the size tires you need. The wheels are held together by 4 bolts. Take the nuts off and pry them apart. It is not too hard to do. I also keep two extra tires and wheels as spares so I don't have to deal with flats during the day.

Tharrell
07-05-2006, 05:33 AM
One more thing, get a tube with a "J" valve stem otherwise it will hit the axle and tear. And, run your hand inside the tire really good to make sure there is nothing else in there. I ran over a storm grate and it cracked the edge of my tire. It pinched the tube. I had to buy a new tire. Blackberry bushes are bad too. Thorns, I stay very far away from those.

grass_cuttin_fool
07-05-2006, 06:21 AM
Slightly off topic here.......I switched my sulkies over to eliminator no flats this winter and have been pleased with them. Ive seen very little change in the ride and no flatsssssssssssss. They cost around 27-30 bux each.......not much difference in buying a pneumatic tire and tube

wayne

CutInEdge Lawn Care
07-05-2006, 08:44 AM
Slightly off topic here.......I switched my sulkies over to eliminator no flats this winter and have been pleased with them. Ive seen very little change in the ride and no flatsssssssssssss. They cost around 27-30 bux each.......not much difference in buying a pneumatic tire and tube

wayne

Would you mind sharing the link for those tires? Thanks!!!