PDA

View Full Version : Redmax 8000 *Spark Plug* Question

jameson
07-04-2006, 02:28 AM
Me - Guys, need some spark plugs for my 8000's (Also had to drop off a couple other things to pick up later that afternoon).

Dealer #1 - Dont have any in stock - back ordered. All our NGK's are.

Me - No problem. Are the NGK's the only spark plug I can use for the 8000.

Dealer #1 - Yep.

Me - Okay. Gimme the plug # for that NGK, I gotta do some other shoppin' today.

Later that day @ Dealer #2's shop...

Me - Hi folks, need a couple of plugs for my 8000's.

Dealer #2 - Sure got 'em right here - Denso's.

Me - Denso's? I was told to only use the NGK's.

Dealer #2 - Huh? This is the only plug we use for our 8000's.

Me - Fine, fine...give me a couple of 'em.

Back to Dealer #1...

Me - Guy's I picked up some Denso's for the 8000's...Dealer # 2 said this is all they use, whadda ya think?

Dealer #1 - Hold on...lets see if Redmax can cross reference that plug #...

Me - Sure OK. Great idea. I'll browse around.

Dealer #1 - Just got off the phone w/Redmax, no can do, they cant recommend that plug. DO NOT USE IT.

Me - Hey how come this new 8000 sitting on the shelf comes with a Champion plug?

Dealer #1 - They just do when new.

Me - So Redmax only recommends the NGK, but puts Champions in the 8000's when new and I cannot use my Denso's?

Dealer #1 - Yes.

~~~~~~~~~~~

So here are some plug #'s:

NGK - C-MR7H

Denso - U24FSR-U - Anyone use these Denso's? Anyone?

Willofalltrades
07-04-2006, 03:18 AM
WHAT???? my new redmax has a champion in it?? thats gotta go! I'm a NGK fan.

lawnboy dan
07-04-2006, 08:57 AM
denso is a better plug than ngk. gives a hotter spark

TURF DOCTOR
07-04-2006, 09:56 AM
Champion's is what is in em new, so that's what they will get They are $14 bucks at advance auto that's right 14 buck local dealer has em for $5 bucks,you could cross em but we keep fairly new plugs in everthing.

lawnmaniac883
07-04-2006, 01:27 PM
The good ole spark plug debate...in the end a plug is a plug guys. They will ALL perform the same in your blower. No 1 brand is going to give you a better running engine than the other. Im not partial to any brand myself, whatever the dealer has in stock I will take. Sometimes that is Bosch or maybe it is NGK or denso; matters not to me.

ProStreetCamaro
07-04-2006, 01:45 PM
A plug is a plug as long as they have the same threads and heat range.

jameson
07-04-2006, 02:14 PM
A plug is a plug as long as they have the same threads and heat range.

^Agreed. I was not trying to start the "good ole spark plug debate", I was merely trying to figure out some cross referencing between Denso, Champion and NGK to be sure I had the correct plugs.

Cross referencing the Champion RZ7C (actual recommended plug for 8000) I come up with the Denso U24FSR-U - so Dealer # 2 was correct.

But cross referencing the Denso U24FSR-U with NGK and I come up with the NGK CR8HSA - not a NGK C-MR7H as recommended by Dealer # 1 :dizzy: !

I dunno.