PDA

View Full Version : Scag STHM 61" 3 wheel (HELP !)

monumental
07-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Hello all, I am hoping someone out there can help me. My Scag mower that is a 2000 year model just developed a problem. I was mowing all day, took a break , got back on the mower and the blades would no longer engauge. I really don't know where to start. The switch seems to work as when it is on and you lift your foot off the left foot pedal the mower will turn off. Could it be the clutch ? or the hydro unit ? or can someone tell me where to start so I can fix this problem and get back to mowing. Your input is appreciated.

Thank you, Stephen in MD

John Gamba
07-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Hello all, I am hoping someone out there can help me. My Scag mower that is a 2000 year model just developed a problem. I was mowing all day, took a break , got back on the mower and the blades would no longer engauge. I really don't know where to start. The switch seems to work as when it is on and you lift your foot off the left foot pedal the mower will turn off. Could it be the clutch ? or the hydro unit ? or can someone tell me where to start so I can fix this problem and get back to mowing. Your input is appreciated.

Thank you, Stephen in MD
See if the Clutch is getting power.

lawnmaniac883
07-04-2006, 02:02 PM
Adjust the clutch air gap. Look under the mower at the clutch, there will be three holes in the side of the clutch. Take a .010'' feeler gauge and adjust the three bolts that hold the clutch on until the feeler just barely slides through each gap freely.