PDA

View Full Version : How good ae the turf tracer 60" ?

REALSLOW
07-04-2006, 12:45 PM
They are way over priced ( AN EXMARK TRADE MARK ) but look like they do a great cut. My super Z for shaded St.Augustine lots is not going to cut it.

I need something more turf freindly and my scags and Lesco are getting long in the tooth.

HenryB
07-04-2006, 02:09 PM
I've got a few of them . They are awesome. I can't believe more LCO's don't have them. It does cut better than my Super Z (older deck).

Idealtim
07-04-2006, 03:04 PM
They're awesome. Great build, great cut, enough power. A lot of cutters around me have them.

REALSLOW
07-04-2006, 03:04 PM
The deck on the new Super Z cut beautiful a much nicer cut than any of my machines but it is still a Z turn and my midsized lesco does a much nicer job. In alot of conditions for a high end cut the 0 turn big riders don't cut it!

The 60 turf tracer looks like the best tracer , it really fills the chasses out nice,the 52 looks like it would scalp more than the 60 turf tracer?

The dealer wanted 6500 for one and I bought my demo Super Z 60 XR 7 for 6999 ,which one are you going to take? then add a velke and you are up to 7000. For a walk mower???????????? thats a little high, Exmark has priced themselves right out of the market!

justanotherlawnguy
07-04-2006, 04:17 PM
ALot of the big commercial guys use them.

TLS
07-04-2006, 04:42 PM
You'd still have to finesse it around turns, as a 60" TT isn't nearly as light as say a 48" belt drive.

HenryB
07-04-2006, 04:59 PM
A 60 Turf Tracer and a Super Z makes for one bada$$ combo. Hustler seems to not want to make a 60 inch WB/ a 54 yea but not a 60? That is an odd decision, if they did I'd probably have bought a lot them. When 60 inches is the industry standard why only offer a 54:hammerhead:

REALSLOW
07-04-2006, 06:09 PM
That is the thing 60' walk mowers work great and do a much better cut than a Zero turn ever dreamed of. Somebody needs to make a reasonably priced say under 5000$ machine and do it right, big 22" wheels or 20's.

I was just comparing the cut on my Hustler to the midsizes and the deck on the Justler is great the tractor part isn't.

I always use my 61 walkbehind Scag on this one big shadded 1 acre St.Agustine lawn I do and this time I cut it with the Hustler and guess what the home owner came out to make sure I did not tear the grass up.

She is very familar with the brutality of 0 turns on shadded StAugustine.

As impressed as I am with the Hustler for a mower where you just blowem out and never look back my midsize walkmowers with the Lesco velke's will tear that mower a new a$$ in small to midsized residentials. By the time I slow down to make sure I do not tear the lawns up the walkmowers are o

REALSLOW
07-04-2006, 06:13 PM
That is the thing 60' walk mowers work great and do a much better cut than a Zero turn ever dreamed of. Somebody needs to make a reasonably priced say under 5000$ machine and do it right, big 22" wheels or 20's.

I was just comparing the cut on my Hustler to the midsizes and the deck on the Hustler is great but the tractor part isn't.

I always use my 52 walkbehind Lesco on this one big shadded 1 acre St.Agustine lawn I do and this time I cut it with the Hustler and guess what the home owner came out to make sure I did not tear the grass up.

She is very familar with the brutality of 0 turns on shadded StAugustine.

As impressed as I am with the Hustler for a mower where you just blowem out and never look back my midsize walkmowers with the Lesco velke's will tear that mower a new a$$ in small to midsized residentials. By the time I slow down to make sure I do not tear the lawns up the walkmowers are on the trailor ready to move one. You really can fly around in alot of situations where you have to tread on egg shells on the z turn.

mowingtowing
07-04-2006, 07:06 PM
I love my tt's. Both are 60" 23hp kohlers
LOVE them

clydesdale
07-04-2006, 08:20 PM
I just picked up a used one for 2600 at the beginning of the year. Once i got used to it, it cuts great. The nice thing is that I use it on all my lawns. I have a few lawns that a ztr would be useless on. They cant cut the hills safely, the TT can. That is why i went with it, it can do it all.

REALSLOW
07-04-2006, 08:24 PM
I love my tt's. Both are 60" 23hp kohlers
LOVE them They need bigger wheels,it makes a huge difference all mine get a minimum of 20x10's the pulling power and speed will amaze.

I may trade in my fleet of 48's 52' and a 61 and get one.