PDA

View Full Version : Did Dixon Buy Scag???

steve45
07-04-2006, 06:24 PM
One of the bearings on my new Grass Catcher Blower failed with less than 20 hours of use. This is reminiscent of my Dixon cone-drive ZTR that blew bearings whenever you looked at it wrong. Did Dixon buy Scag or something???

Anybody else have trouble with these things?

grass_cuttin_fool
07-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Dixon was bought out by husquarvana last week

wayne

steve45
07-05-2006, 05:56 PM
HA! Now THAT'S funny! Two dip$h!t companies merging.

Took my virtually new blower to the dealer today, Scag said they would NOT warrant ANY bearing that has a grease fitting--PERIOD! I know I didn't grease it, I assumed that they greased it before they shipped it. Guess they didn't. The dealer said he would take care of it. I told him that I didn't want him to be out any money, that I'd fix it myself, but he insisted on doing it.

Anyway, I'm pretty disappointed with Scag on two counts: apparently not greasing the bearing on the new blower, and not covering it under warranty when it failed. Wonder if they grease the spindles, wheels, etc. before they ship them, or if they expect the dealers to do it for them... The manual for the grass catcher does not mention lubrication at all, not even a lubrication interval or recommended grease.

twj721
07-05-2006, 09:30 PM
HA! Now THAT'S funny! Two dip$h!t companies merging.

Took my virtually new blower to the dealer today, Scag said they would NOT warrant ANY bearing that has a grease fitting--PERIOD! I know I didn't grease it, I assumed that they greased it before they shipped it. Guess they didn't. The dealer said he would take care of it. I told him that I didn't want him to be out any money, that I'd fix it myself, but he insisted on doing it.

Anyway, I'm pretty disappointed with Scag on two counts: apparently not greasing the bearing on the new blower, and not covering it under warranty when it failed. Wonder if they grease the spindles, wheels, etc. before they ship them, or if they expect the dealers to do it for them... The manual for the grass catcher does not mention lubrication at all, not even a lubrication interval or recommended grease.
I am asking a dumb question, but was it a Scag brand ? if it was I would definitely email scag HQ They have always done me right , they usually make a phone call back to you I nothing else see if you can get the Scag area rep involved in this matter Good luck and I will be really disappointed in Scag if they do not step up and help you Twj

Frontier-Lawn
07-05-2006, 10:08 PM
HA! Now THAT'S funny! I told him that I didn't want him to be out any money, that I'd fix it myself, but he insisted on doing it.

Now thats a good dealer