PDA

View Full Version : In need of a new push blower- please advise

clydesdale
07-04-2006, 07:12 PM
I would like to purchase a new blower before fall clean up season. I have an old 11hp giant vac which I thought was great. But it is 15 years old and compared to my new redmax back pack it is a dog. I need something with a little more power. I like the chute on the billy goat. Any suggestions though? Thanks

lawnmaniac883
07-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Look at billygoats new lineup called "The Force". Those are probably the most powerful walkbehind blower money can buy.

LLandscaping
07-04-2006, 08:37 PM
We have a Little Wonder with a 13 Honda. I dont have any experience with other brands of blowers, but the Little Wonder is made to last and it moves a lot of air.

mcwlandscaping
07-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Look at billygoats new lineup called "The Force". Those are probably the most powerful walkbehind blower money can buy.
Yup, very competitivly priced and the most powerful WB blower out there!

J&R Landscaping
07-04-2006, 08:49 PM
While I've heard pretty good things about the force blowers from billy goat, I wouldn't buy one right away. I would wait a year or two till all the bugs get worked out.

Little Wonder blowers have proven themselves man times over and I would buy one of them without hesistation! JMO

lawnmaniac883
07-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Im not sure what kind of bugs there could be with such a simple machine like a walk behind blower...

What could go wrong? Unless the fan comes apart or something strange like that. The force uses tried and true engines on it and looked to be a really solid machine when I saw it at my dealer.

topsites
07-04-2006, 11:56 PM
I bought a 10hp Billygoat in 2001 with the Intek B&S engine and that thing RULES.

You gotta figure, 13hp of 10 years ago is nothing compared to 10hp of today but the other thing you gotta check out is weight - The more hp, the heavier the beast, and 10hp will work you so you check out what you think you can handle.

The little wonder is neat, but I like the on-the-fly adjustable chute of the goat... Makes it where I can walk along the road while blowing out the ditch with the chute facing down, then I get to the flat area and just release the lever and the chute blows straight out.