PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Fungus

DOORZ
07-05-2006, 10:02 AM
How soon can you apply a lawn fungicide to a newly seeded lawn?

I have an area behind my house that I had some trees cut down awhile ago, and recently had new top soil brought in and seed put down. The seed was put almost 3 weeks ago, and came up great. The guy who put the seed down did a crappy job, and after the first seeding started to germinate about 10 days, I put down some more seed in attempt to fill the in areas he missed.

I am sure I ended up watering too late in the day in attempt to get some areas that were missed to germinate, and now I am sure I have fungus. I have cut out the evening watering, and the fungus hasn't taken over too bad at this point, but I don't want it to get out of control as the newly seeded area looks great.

I am wondering if there is anything I can do. I know there are products such as Bayleton, but in looking at the labels it doesn't say anything about when this can be applied. I know most weed products can't be put down until the lawn has been mowed 3 or 4 times.

I know ideally it would have been better to wait until the fall, but i didn't want to leave this area looking like it was until the fall. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

HazyDavy
07-07-2006, 10:28 AM
Us ordinary yellow corn meal or cracked corn. You can apply that right away. It will also act as a mild fertilizer while solving your fungus problem.

DOORZ
07-07-2006, 11:40 AM
What is that going to do for the lawn?

TurfProSTL
07-08-2006, 01:19 AM
Fungicide can be applied to your new grass. Unless the label says NOT to.