PDA

View Full Version : Help!

I3rian
07-05-2006, 01:06 PM
I have been mowing about three years and until now have not tackled commercial properties. I am not sure how to bid a new business with new grass just starting. I have all the equipment and insurances that I need I am just worried about overbidding. We are talking about 20 acres, 10 mowed every week and the rest once a month. Any sugesstions or comments would be very helpful. Thanks!

mike lane lawn care
07-05-2006, 09:33 PM
bid what you would normaly bid, and don't let them talk you sown in price, if they can't afford good service then they can have the next guy. also watch out for their contracts, READ them ENTIRELY before signing them, take them home if you need to.

I3rian
07-05-2006, 09:45 PM
hey thanks, I was really wondering if I should include aeration, fertilizer, and mulch in with the maintenance package.

MMLawn
07-05-2006, 09:48 PM
If it is commercial and they solicited you to bid the they should have given you the specs (services) that they want you to bid it at.

I3rian
07-05-2006, 10:10 PM
They didn't solicit me. They just finished the plant, and I did a walk through with the plant manager. We spoke about mowing and snow removal. I will figure it out eventually. I've gotten this far..... Hell it makes it that much more enjoyable when you nail down the bid and get the contract.