PDA

View Full Version : Full Landscape Pics for MBella - Hard/Softscape

MarcusLndscp
07-05-2006, 04:44 PM
This is one we're 95% finished with....we started it as winter masonry work and it went through to a full landscape job. Right now we're waiting to finish the driveway with pavers and plantings around it and the entry columns which still need caps/lights/name plate. We had quite a few major delays on this job unfortunately. Here we go.........entry steps/veneer/walkway

MarcusLndscp
07-05-2006, 04:47 PM
lets see....entry columns...uncomplete

MarcusLndscp
07-05-2006, 04:58 PM
Lakeside....lake wall, all veneered columns walls, steps, walks, boulders, plantings etc etc

MarcusLndscp
07-05-2006, 05:04 PM
is Mike happy yet??????

MarcusLndscp
07-05-2006, 05:08 PM
How about the fireplace.............

MarcusLndscp
07-05-2006, 05:15 PM
and finally....for now......the BBQ on the lakeside deck missing lower doors into charcoal box....oh and the chimney as well almost done

MarcusLndscp
07-05-2006, 05:21 PM
When the driveway and final plantings are complete I'll be sure to post them...

Here's one of another job.... also from earlier in the year. I still don't have completed pics of all the work out back but will also post them when I can.

Also, I can't take complete credit for all the craftsmanship on here, I work with a group of pretty talented guys/gals whom created these jobs with me.

cedarcroft
07-05-2006, 05:57 PM
very nice looking jobs and craftsmanship. I am inspired.:clapping:

DodgeTruckMan731
07-05-2006, 06:49 PM
extremely nice

jazak
07-05-2006, 07:17 PM
That some real nice work. A buddy of mine also does fireplaces.

GreenMonster
07-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Also, I can't take complete credit for all the craftsmanship on here, I work with a group of pretty talented guys/gals whom created these jobs with me.

Oh, you actually did some of the work here, Mark? Must have been before your new role as Chief Pencil Pusher.

What pavers did you use for the driveway? We're doing a Techo Olympia right now, and man, you better eat your wheaties. More like building a wall then laying pavers. Also, how deep is your d-way base?

Fireworks on the lake Sat night. What are you guys doing?

kris
07-05-2006, 09:04 PM
Mark that is some beautiful art!!! Man I envy you.

veneered columns take my breath away ..I mean it ..beautiful work.

There is only one pic I have a question about..post #4 denpro14jpg

The bottom wall does not seem right to me...are there stones that are dirty or something? ... just something doesn't match .... distracts me from those beautiful stairs.

mbella
07-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Oh yeah, Mikey likes it! Awesome pics Marc. Like someboy else stated, they are inspirational. You guys do very nice work. The company you work for must have a great reputation in that area to consistently pull the kind of jobs they pull. Either that, or they are cheap.:laugh:

Seriously, if the quality displayed in your pics is representative of what the company as a whole typically produces, there's no doubt.

I'd guess it's natural, but I have to ask. The veneer, is it?

GreenMonster
07-05-2006, 10:09 PM
oh yeah, sorry, Mark.... it is all very nice work. Tell all those guys you're working with that they're really making you look good.

I'm soooooooo inspired..... :rolleyes:

mbella
07-05-2006, 10:14 PM
oh yeah, sorry, Mark.... it is all very nice work. Tell all those guys you're working with that they're really making you look good.

I'm soooooooo inspired..... :rolleyes:

Are you hatin because he didn't go to the fireworks with you??:laugh:

Drafto
07-05-2006, 10:19 PM

Now this is the Mike I have been missing, breakin out the g@y comments, nice!

Dan

GreenMonster
07-05-2006, 10:22 PM

He hasn't turned me down yet. They're not until this weekend. We're a little slow up here.

Mike, if you can stop kissin' Marc's azz for a few minutes, I posted some pics for you in a different thread.

Drafto
07-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Mike, if you can stop kissin' Marc's azz for a few minutes, I posted some pics for you in a different thread.[/QUOTE]

Mark,

Are you seriously fighting over Mike? Why don't you just ask Mike to the fireworks, maybe he would be a better date?

Dan

GreenMonster
07-05-2006, 10:31 PM
Why is it whenever you queers from Penn (and Delaware, I didn't forget you, Dan) get involved in a thread, it goes all gay on us?

And there is no way Mike is a better date than Marky.

Drafto
07-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Why is it whenever you queers from Penn (and Delaware, I didn't forget you, Dan) get involved in a thread, it goes all gay on us?

Mike has slimmed down a little since the winter, you never know. Why haven't you changed your quote to Mark meets Marc.

GreenMonster
07-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Why haven't you changed your quote to Mark meets Marc.

LMAO! Because my wife is already jealous of Marc.

way to hi-jack Marc's thread.

queers.

mbella
07-05-2006, 10:39 PM

Whoa!!! Mark, somebody once told me if I can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. I don't usually heed that advice, but in the case of your latest pics, I did.:laugh: :laugh:

Just kidding blue boy. Your work looked good, but I have two questions: Did you install that wall, which appeared close to a stream, as a water application? Also, as Kris pointed out, the wall in that one pic appeared to lean forward, unlike ANYTHING Marc has ever posted (he knows to only post pics of good work):laugh: :laugh: .

mbella
07-05-2006, 10:40 PM
LMAO! Because my wife is already jealous of Marc.

way to hi-jack Marc's thread.

queers.

Threads gone gay and I had nothing to do with it.

GreenMonster
07-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Whoa!!! Mark, somebody once told me if I can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. I don't usually heed that advice, but in the case of your latest pics, I did.:laugh: :laugh:

Just kidding blue boy. Your work looked good, but I have two questions: Did you install that wall, which appeared close to a stream, as a water application? Also, as Kris pointed out, the wall in that one pic appeared to lean forward, unlike ANYTHING Marc has ever posted (he knows to only post pics of good work):laugh: :laugh: .

Well, typically that stream isn't the raging river it was this spring, but that whole water application things is all much ado about nothing if you ask me.

I had to post that leaning wall. All of my work looks like that.

marcs
07-06-2006, 12:23 AM
Outstanding, thanks for posting the pics!

MarcusLndscp
07-06-2006, 12:46 AM
Thanks for all your comments guys...I think. I'm not sure why every thread I post The Penn/Delaware crew turns "homosexual". I'm not sure what's up with them Mark.

Kris, I had more fun installing this job primarily because of the challenges associated with it. That and I was able to handle each facet of the install from the general sitework all the way through to the finish plantings/details. I have mixed emotions as to the selection of materials on the lake wall. It is built with a combination of granite chunks (the really light grey product) and weathered mountain stone which is the dirtier stone you pointed out. That stone is the same the fireplace is built out of. We used the granite chunks for their size because it was on the lake front and simply used the leftover stone from the fireplace veneer work to infill and level the larger chunks. Sometimes we will actually stain fresh split granite like that to take the shiny new look off of it but believe it or not this job started with a tight budget and I wasn't allowed to do that. I do agree though the contrast in color is a bit too strong for my liking. It will age and blend with time.

The only natural veneer on the job is on the interior fireplaces, everything else is cultured stone. Bucks County Dressed Fieldstone and Bucks County Country Ledgestone (20% - 80% mix).

Mark, we haven't started the driveway yet....don't you hate to see this where you want to lay pavers. What would you guys do with this problem??? Mark I always go for 18" for my base in driveway applications, I've seen too many problems with anything less in this area

tylermckee
07-06-2006, 03:44 AM
That just a sewer cleanout? we usually cut them off below grade and put a cap on it, then cut a short chunk of 12" pipe and set it over the cleanout, then set an iron collar and lid (like they use for water valves and survey monuments in the road) ontop of the 12" pipe. 12" pipe is just to hold the cap to grade and keep the the hole open. looks like you might need to dig it down even farther and get a 22.5 on it to bring it up vertical.

Drafto
07-06-2006, 07:20 AM
Mark, we haven't started the driveway yet....don't you hate to see this where you want to lay pavers. What would you guys do with this problem??? Mark I always go for 18" for my base in driveway applications, I've seen too many problems with anything less in this area

Marc,

Once the sewer pipe leaves the house there is not much code governing it. I had the same issue in a large driveway we just did (pics are in a thread called "largest project I have done so far). The cleanout was buried below grade and we found it while excavating. To solve this problem we used (2) 90 degree elbows and routed it under our base to get it out of the way. If the (2) 90's make you nervous then dig down a little and put in (2) 45's. That is close enough to the house that if there was ever a problem someone could easily reach it with a snake from the inside.

Dan

MarcusLndscp
07-06-2006, 09:02 AM
I wish I could tell you it was a clean out but it's not. It's the beginning of a major sink hole that only got worse. I put the peice of SDR in the hole so nobody would drive into it.

Doster's L & L
07-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Really nice looking pics, Marcus! You've help me out in a few other threads in the past week or so, as well as others here... Is there a book or website or some kind of class that i could check out and really learn the construction part of this work. Or do l just need to know the basics (when to use mortar or cement or polymeric, etc.) and then just tackle a job or two to get some hands on experience. Is that all that's necessary to really learn this job? What is the best way to learn?

MarcusLndscp
07-06-2006, 11:13 AM
Really nice looking pics, Marcus! You've help me out in a few other threads in the past week or so, as well as others here... Is there a book or website or some kind of class that i could check out and really learn the construction part of this work. Or do l just need to know the basics (when to use mortar or cement or polymeric, etc.) and then just tackle a job or two to get some hands on experience. Is that all that's necessary to really learn this job? What is the best way to learn?

Work for an experienced company and surround yourself with as many different people as you can. That's what I did...always pay attention and be willing to learn. Ask questions all the time. Your talents should always be developing. I started in this industry oh ......like 12 years ago or so, have a 4 year degree in landscape and I still learn something new everyday. You can go the route of the school of hard knocks but that can be costly at times. Good luck to you

GreenMonster
07-06-2006, 07:26 PM

I thought that was a sinkhole... ugh. do you know why it is there? Wet area? Clay soil? Can you overdig, fill with cbr and pack the snot out of it with a JJ? If it's a wet spot, a little portland never hurts.

Drafto
07-06-2006, 08:54 PM
Work for an experienced company and surround yourself with as many different people as you can. That's what I did...always pay attention and be willing to learn. Ask questions all the time. Your talents should always be developing. I started in this industry oh ......like 12 years ago or so, have a 4 year degree in landscape and I still learn something new everyday. You can go the route of the school of hard knocks but that can be costly at times. Good luck to you

School of hard knocks, here.........go work for someone, if only for a summer, take the pay hit and go learn on someone elses dime.

Dan

GreenMonster
07-06-2006, 09:59 PM
School of hard knocks, here.........go work for someone, if only for a summer, take the pay hit and go learn on someone elses dime.

Dan

ditto. Good advise from the queer from Delaware :laugh:

Drafto
07-06-2006, 10:48 PM

Mark,

The gayness in this thread stopped when we started talking about Marc's huge pipe in the big orfice on the driveway. Why are you bringing the queer stuff back? You must be trying to get Mikes attention..... Why don't you post a pic of a large pipe from one of your jobs? No large pipes on your job? Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Dan

Drafto
07-06-2006, 10:52 PM

Oh, and if Mike does not reply to your cry for attention tonight call this guy and pick up one of these:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=152515

Dan

Doster's L & L
07-10-2006, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the advise guys! The advise sounds sound to me whether it comes froms from a straight guy or a queer from Delaware. :laugh: Sorry, Dan. The homosexuality in this thread is so deep i had to throw a friendly jab. :rolleyes:

Squizzy246B
07-11-2006, 06:02 AM
:rolleyes: Come to Hardscaping at Lawnsite...if we can't fix your problem...you can always get some hugs and kisses:dizzy:

Big M LawnnSnow
07-11-2006, 06:08 AM
Very Nice workmanship.
So whats the price tag on that job?

MarcusLndscp
07-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Thanks, I haven't heard a recent number as the job is yet to be complete. I think right now it lies around 300k.

Squizzy, we wonder why you don't see many newbies here. So how's things for ya down under?

Squizzy246B
07-13-2006, 09:37 AM
Squizzy, we wonder why you don't see many newbies here. So how's things for ya down under?

G,day Bloke...its supposed to be winter here but we haven't seen it proper yet. Great weather for hardscaping. Phone wont stop ringing which is good for us cause its normally a bit quiet this time of year. Getting dead sick of doing quotes though...about a doz a week...hope I get half of them.

Keystone are finally getting there act togeggggggg...sorry....the g key on my keyboard keeps ggggggggggggggggggggggggg Getting stuck!...and they have decided to promote their product and help us poor old block layers with their product. Thats timely cause I have the nightmare of all jobs to quote on. Its about 3500 keystone standard blocks on top of a very steep sandhill. I was going to post a thread to give you guys a look but the bloody phone just wont stop ringing.

When I'm up to midnight everynight doing paperwork and out the door at 5 am in the morning its hard to remember why I started this business???

Have you done any deep divinggggg in the excavator latley???:rolleyes: