PDA

View Full Version : any of you pa nj guys

K c m
07-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Going out of business because of this rain? (not literally) but just unable to mow at all. its brutal. Great day to cut and BAM cars in for the inspection. Second of all my pup dog is dieing so i figure i take him to the er and im in all afternoon. Weather isn't holding out for tomorrow. rain hard all night into tomorrow. Thank god im becoming an electrician and doingthis on the side. ANd to top it off is my dealer isn't open till tomorrow from the holiday so im screwed for my trimmer. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I mean haha. Life will eat you up if you can't laugh at yourself and certain situations. The harder i work the less money i have :confused:

sorry carry on haha. A.D.D runing rampid./

dvmcmrhp52
07-05-2006, 05:46 PM
The rain has been a challenge, but, life goes on..........:waving:

Jpocket
07-05-2006, 06:07 PM
Yep....I actually woke up in a good mood this morning....by the second lawn of the day I was pissed b/c we had to go home. I just don't care anymore. If you care you''l go nuts.

Im about to put some hotdogs on the grill:drinkup:

rodfather
07-05-2006, 06:18 PM
The rain has been a challenge, but, life goes on..........:waving:

After last year's drought Dave, I keep saying to myself I'm not complaining ever again.

dvmcmrhp52
07-05-2006, 06:24 PM
After last year's drought Dave, I keep saying to myself I'm not complaining ever again.

Yup, I'm hearin' ya.........
Good news is that we are back on the upswing part of the drought/wet cycle for the next few years.
On average over the past 20-30 years it's been roughly a 6 year cycle up and down.

nitrotim
07-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Going out of business because of this rain? (not literally) but just unable to mow at all. its brutal. Great day to cut and BAM cars in for the inspection. Second of all my pup dog is dieing so i figure i take him to the er and im in all afternoon. Weather isn't holding out for tomorrow. rain hard all night into tomorrow. Thank god im becoming an electrician and doingthis on the side. ANd to top it off is my dealer isn't open till tomorrow from the holiday so im screwed for my trimmer. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I mean haha. Life will eat you up if you can't laugh at yourself and certain situations. The harder i work the less money i have :confused:

sorry carry on haha. A.D.D runing rampid./

I just keep all of my high lifts sharpened and relent that if I sleep today I will be working on the weekend. (AGAIN) I took my sentar sport in for a recall this morning and they gave me a rapid height 52" 19hp for a loaner. They had gators on it and it totally sucked. When it started raining I brought it back to pick up my mower and told the sales guy if he wanted to ever sell that thing get rid of the gators and put some high lifts on it.

mmacsek
07-05-2006, 08:23 PM
The rain is a challenge but a drought is a down right nightmare. I'll take the rain anytime. If this keeps up it will be a banner year!!!! Have a good one. Matt

rodfather
07-05-2006, 08:44 PM
[QUOTE=mmacsek]The rain is a challenge but a drought is a down right nightmare. I'll take the rain anytime. If this keeps up it will be a banner year!!!! Have a good one. Matt[/QUOT

I agree Matt

old dog 80
07-05-2006, 10:45 PM
Too much rain is just as hard on the bottom line as too little.As the son of a dairy farmer I have had to deal with weather all my life.Just remember all the good days you could be lookin out the window cooped up in Walmart...

DBL
07-05-2006, 10:46 PM
rained here earlier today and tongiht i hope we can cut so we dont have to work both days of the weekend this week

NNJLandman
07-05-2006, 11:24 PM
We've just been expierencing Florida weather, because of the hott and humid weather it creates those nasty 20 min afternoon thundershowers. Thats all we've been getting, enough to keep the grass green. Crabgrass is starting and its gonna be bad this year.

Jeff

AintNoFun
07-06-2006, 09:54 AM
i think we've worked 2 hours all week.... feels like weve moved to seattle with all this rain....

mkwl
07-06-2006, 04:26 PM
This rain has been BAD!!! I don't think we I have had a single week since the season started without at least 3 days of rain or more each week. I've still been able to mow weekly, but have had to work in the rain a lot :angry: . I sure hope the rest of the season isn't this wet...the lawns never get a chance to dry out!!!:dizzy:

rodfather
07-06-2006, 05:50 PM
I sure hope the rest of the season isn't this wet...the lawns never get a chance to dry out!!!:dizzy:

Like hell! Where you around last year during the drought? Consider the alternative my friend. :hammerhead:

dvmcmrhp52
07-06-2006, 10:08 PM
Like hell! Where you around last year during the drought? Consider the alternative my friend. :hammerhead:

Ya........
I'd rather see some mist coming from the discharge chutes rather than dust.

LONEMAN
07-07-2006, 12:41 AM
I cannot really complain about the rain since I only have a few accounts. Even if I had a lot of accounts, I think the rain is great especially at this time of the year because all of my lawns are looking good. Sure hope this weather keeps up...

Sandgropher
07-07-2006, 12:47 AM
Its the middle of winter here and we need the rain, send some down here to fill up our dams.:usflag: