PDA

View Full Version : The ONLY lowballer I actually like!

Liquidfast
07-05-2006, 08:41 PM
I am doing a mulch, river rock job for this client when out of the corner of my eye I see this yellow machine coming my way. I immediately notice it's a Wright Stander. I walk towards the person riding it and its a child (I kid you not). I ask what company he works for and he says its his :laugh: .

Behind him is another kid (they are both 13 years old) riding a beautiful John Deere tractor lawn mower with a cart behind it pulling a blower and trimmer. Everything except the lawn tractor is commercial. I ask where the truck is and he replies that he is too young. He says he has 35 homes in his neighbourhood that he cuts for $50 each a month!!!!. My jaw dropped as most of these homes are rather large (which explains the wright stander).

He asks me if I am interested, I can talk to HIM about expanding my biz into his neighbourhood and that he has a few workers that HE will train until they can go on their own :laugh: ..

I think I idolize(sp) this kid. He rides the stander to every job and uses it exclusively because it fit into every backyard in the hood. I couldn't freakin believe it. So I guess he is NOT a lowballer cuz at 13, what the hell else do ya gotta pay for. I am so sure 100% that his equipment is paid for and he's making a killing. He also said his cousin is 18 and HE (the kid I met) would buy his cousin a truck to drive him around to cut outside his neighbourhood.

I feel like I should join him somehow to teach him the business end of things. I was with my partner and everything about this kid is totally professional. He was even cutting with ear protection AND eye protection.

On a lighter side.......there was this poor old man with a cutlass, loading a push mower into the trunk of his car and also his trimmer. I thought he was just some oldtimer taking it to the dump but he stopped at another house. On the way home, he was stopped at yet another house unloading.

I swear, E V E R Y person in Canada and the U.S. is a landscaper :laugh: :laugh:

Soon, landscapers will be calling landscapers to cut each others grass just to give eachother some business.:)

dcondon
07-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Congrats to the Kid. Sounds like he is on his way to a nice business owner someday.:clapping:

DBL
07-05-2006, 10:36 PM
i wish i had 35 lawns in one neighborhood

GreenMonster
07-05-2006, 10:40 PM
I wish the kid lived in my hood. $50/month I'd hire him.

DBL
07-05-2006, 10:42 PM
I wish the kid lived in my hood. $50/month I'd hire him.

well yeah that too i would hire him and i wouldnt have to do mine but i dont want to be a hypocit i was just on another thread yesterday critizing someone for having another lco cut their own lawn

GreenMonster
07-05-2006, 10:51 PM
was just on another thread yesterday critizing someone for having another lco cut their own lawn

really, I'd seriously consider it. The crew did my yard last week, and scalped three areas of new sod, all in an area < 500 ft2. :rolleyes:

Although, I have a feeling it won't happen again.:hammerhead: