PDA

View Full Version : what an idiot

befnme
07-05-2006, 10:57 PM
so today i am blowing the curb off after being edged at a commercial account of mine. i should mention that it is on a busy thoroughfare . so anyway i can see cars coming toward me but not from behind obviously . so this idiot behind me begins honking and yelling to put that thing (blower) down . i yelled back " go to the next drive " .he whips in , jumps out , and comes over to me all bowed up like billy bad @zz and says i have a right to use this street and you need to stop .i am like dude do you make a guy mowing his lawn stop before driving your precious cadillac by ? or do you get out and raise cane at the state guys while the're working on the road you travel or just drive by . i said i didnt even see you because you were behind me and even on the opposite side of the road .he got back in his overpriced tin can and sped off. what a jerk . oh well i guess that is what i get for dealing with the public on a daily basis .

topsites
07-05-2006, 11:05 PM
LOL I had some dude a few weeks ago got out and like your dude, all puffed up and he actually looked like he might do something ...

So I'm standing there and the guy comes up and first pushes me but since that didn't budge me he then punched me twice and I'm just standing there thinking 'is that all you got?' ... But by now my bp was rising some and I'm thinking, yeah, you know, I can show this dude what I can do with a 300-pound lawnmower, on his azz...

So as my eyes are getting smaller his eyes got real big and he got back in his van and ran the red light to get out of there.
funny ppl, good thing he didn't have a gun thou

befnme
07-05-2006, 11:09 PM
good thing he didn't have a gun thou

yeh , no doubt . you musta scared the **** outta him .:laugh:

Sandgropher
07-05-2006, 11:12 PM
I had a friend that was mowing sunday morning, i guy came up with a axe and decided to modifiy my friends van with it,seems like he didnt like being disturbed on a sunday morning (noise).:angry: :angry: :angry:

My friend no longer works sunday :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It cost $$$$ to fix and is still before the courts as we speak.

topsites
07-05-2006, 11:15 PM
yeh , no doubt . you musta scared the schit outta him .:laugh:

I hope so LOL...

We're not the absolute biggest dudes around by a mile, but anyone who does what we do for a living, we get a daily workout...

I'm nowhere in shape like some of the dudes I know, man anytime I feel so bad all I gotta do is watch them work and it makes me feel so small again. But regardless of that, most of us are stronger than average and by a fair margin. On top of that, once you've been doing this for 2-3 years, you should be to where you can also tolerate some pretty serious pain.

Last but not least, most everybody who does this for some time (again 2-3 years) develops considerable stamina, meaning we can last a LONG time (translation: hours) dealing out some pretty powerful stuff.

Stamina + strength + pain tolerance = You better pack a lunch lol
I just found out the other day I can hedge-trim one handed, but it is difficult, still...

So in a fight, I myself would hate to get into it with another landscaper, it's just a bad formula if you were looking for an easy battle.
You would figure most people would think twice before fooling with a landscaper / lawn guy.

But I suspect with these idiots, they got an inferiority complex so by putting us down it makes them feel all good inside...
The only problem I have with it is they do this at our expense.

LawnTamer
07-06-2006, 12:07 AM
We were out spraying a lawn once, dead calm day and it is a big front lawn, we are maybe 60+ ft from the road when a guy on a bicycle yells, "Hey stop that!" He was all upset, wanted us to stop spraying till he had gone by. As he road off he yells, "Have fun in the cancer ward!"
I was half tempted to run after him and yell, "Have fun in the 'Just had a bike removed from my back-side' ward!"
Oh well.

Palmer'sLS
07-06-2006, 12:55 AM
LOL I had some dude a few weeks ago got out and like your dude, all puffed up and he actually looked like he might do something ...

So as my eyes are getting smaller his eyes got real big and he got back in his van and ran the red light to get out of there.

we need to see a pic of ya man...then we can decide....lol....i wouldnt have taken the shove 1, and 2 after he got two in, i would have went across his face....then prolly crapped on him...then sped off....idk...but that would piss me off so bad...

Up North
07-06-2006, 01:31 AM
so today i am blowing the curb off after being edged at a commercial account of mine. i should mention that it is on a busy thoroughfare . so anyway i can see cars coming toward me but not from behind obviously . so this idiot behind me begins honking and yelling to put that thing (blower) down . i yelled back " go to the next drive " .he whips in , jumps out , and comes over to me all bowed up like billy bad @zz and says i have a right to use this street and you need to stop .i am like dude do you make a guy mowing his lawn stop before driving your precious cadillac by ? or do you get out and raise cane at the state guys while the're working on the road you travel or just drive by . i said i didnt even see you because you were behind me and even on the opposite side of the road .he got back in his overpriced tin can and sped off. what a jerk . oh well i guess that is what i get for dealing with the public on a daily basis .

I would have turned around and look at him with my blower at full throttle and said "WHAT??? I CAN'T HEAR YOU, SORRY. CAN YOU PLEASE MOVE THAT POS CAR OF YOURS SO I CAN FINISH? HAVE A GREAT DAY!"

I had an old guy storm across his lot towards me last Friday and start yelling at me for not cutting & trimming some long grass on a steep slope between my client and his dealership. He owns the Chevy dealership in town and is one of those guys that tries to rule over anyone and everyone, he did the same thing to me two years ago. As I reminded him about our previous conversation, I took him over and showed him AGAIN that the uncut grass is on HIS property...not my clients. And then he got even madder because he's the type of guy that's never wrong and the property markers are in clear view. Then as he started walking away, I asked him if he could tell his LCO to NOT mow the west side of my clients property because it always looks like crap when they are done and I don't want anyone thinking that I do shoddy work. Have a great day Wayne!:waving: Everyone in town dislikes the guy, it's amazing he's still in business but I suppose being the only Chev dealer within 50 miles helps him tremendously.

Buck

garth1967
07-06-2006, 02:08 AM

you are right about dealing with the public.so just ride that out.i usually get abused when i use the blower.it seems to drive people nuts,especially the oldies.

when somebody approches me with that kind of crap i usually say "sorry sir i have a better machine in the car that might suit you better.then i return with chainsaw and say "are you feeling luckylucky ........punk

jwscroll
07-06-2006, 05:47 AM
Expect the worst from the general public. Working on corporate properties is always fun what with the uppity suits that think they own the place, park thier little convertables right in the way of blowing off, oop's didn't mean to dust the WHOLE car, guess it would have been allitle wiser to park elswhere.
Or working the roadways, I can't tell you how many times I've invited some sorry driving, horn blowing PITA back to talk about how to do my job.

ElephantNest
07-06-2006, 08:05 AM
So let me get this straight......he comes up and PUSHES you, then HITS you twice?? And you scared HIM? LOL

Sorry, but someone, anyone, lays a hand on me, it's on.

lawnboy dan
07-06-2006, 08:26 AM
yet another reason i dont do many commercials. too many idiots!

Liquidfast
07-06-2006, 08:30 AM
I am a big boy. I weigh 252lbs and am covered in tattoos on both arms. If and when I gotta get down with someone complaining, like how they come up to you quickly, I ALWAYS take my jacket or long sleeved shirt off (I like to cover the tats when I work at resis) the guy always thinks twice.

It works out well cuz I am otherwise a very very nice and generous person so luckily, I can usually resolve a confrontation using my people skills....:)

MMLawn
07-06-2006, 10:47 AM

So I'm standing there and the guy comes up and first pushes me but since that didn't budge me he then punched me twice and I'm just standing there thinking 'is that all you got?' ... But by now my bp was rising some and I'm thinking, yeah, you know, I can show this dude what I can do with a 300-pound lawnmower, on his azz...

SO. What you are saying is that this dude, pushed you, smacked you twice, and you did nothing?

Where I come from, they call that getting your azz kicked! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Brendan Smith
07-06-2006, 12:09 PM
SO. What you are saying is that this dude, pushed you, smacked you twice, and you did nothing?

Where I come from, they call that getting your azz kicked! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
yep, that's what it's called alright ;)

Mac_Cool
07-06-2006, 12:20 PM
I've been in enough fights to know one thing... you cannot judge a man by his appearance or his physique.

It usually takes a lot to provoke a man to punch another man. I suspect there is more to the story.

lawnmaniac883
07-06-2006, 12:22 PM
I would have turned around and look at him with my blower at full throttle and said "WHAT??? I CAN'T HEAR YOU, SORRY. CAN YOU PLEASE MOVE THAT POS CAR OF YOURS SO I CAN FINISH? HAVE A GREAT DAY!"

Buck

Would have been better with one of those powerfull azz push blowers. Turn around with that puppy runnin and OOOPS SORRY SIR, DIDNT SEE YOU THERE. MIGHT WANT TO GO GET YOUR PANTS BEFORE THEY GET RUN OVER BY A CAR OR SOMETHING, DAMN PANTS ARENT WHAT THEY USED TO BE...:drinkup:

rodneyskip
07-06-2006, 01:33 PM

You the Man!

SWD
07-06-2006, 01:52 PM
My company does a great deal of POA/commercial apartment mowing each year.
Ocassionally, an irate homeowner approaches some one on the crew and attempts to bully them.
At one of the apartment complexes, this drunk guy, about 70yoa, acting like the local tough guy as all the other residents are older, comes storming out of his apartment at one of my crew members.
He picked the wrong one to charge. My guy is about 5'9", weighs around 240lbs, has a big gut yet even larger arms. Was an ex-railroad employee repairing tracks for many years before returning to his mother's house to watch over her. One of the few guys I have seen that can take a cold beer can and squeeze it open with either hand and with no apparent exertion.
My guy was struck from behind by this drunk old fool and took my guy by surprise. My guy turns around while backhanding the drunk then picks him up off of the ground with one hand while cocking the other to punch him.
At this point I stepped in, got the old drunk guy released and the old pisser came after me. Well, my guy smacked this old dude in the back of the head and his dentures shot out about 15' from his mouth.
We both started laughing and to make it even funnier, another crew member goes mowing on by and chops up the drunk's dentures.
We all kept laughing so hard we almost pe'ed on ourselves.
The old drunk goes in and calls the cops. They show up and in about 2 seconds the rest of the residents are there explaining to the cops what happened.
Cops took the guy for public intoxication and the residents bought us a case of beer for adjusting the attitude of the old guy.
They wave and greet all of us everytime we are on that property.

J&R Landscaping
07-06-2006, 01:57 PM

Don't know if I consired it getting your azz kicked, but I wouldn't have just stood there either. You lay a hand on me, you better be ready because I WILL!

I had been involved in about 8 or 9 fights in high school and I WON all but 1 of them, and that was because it was 3 on 1.

My dad raised me as the type to never itentionally try to start a fight, but if someone starts with me, don't wuss out or sit there and take it, I fight back! :weightlifter:

J&R Landscaping
07-06-2006, 01:59 PM
Though, Since your working, It maybe be best in bussinesses sense to just let it go!

2menandamower
07-06-2006, 02:17 PM
J&R I agree with you. Most of the time it is easier to just so "OK MAN SORRY FOR THE PROBLEM" and let it go. Then if they don't shut up and back off the cell phone is on the hip to call the cops and let them deal with the Azzhole. Sometimes it is easier to just walk away. If I have a timmer or a blower in my hand and someone pushes me or swings at me they will for sure meet the business end of that thing.....

TriCountyLawn
07-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Right after getting out of high school working for a large lawn maint company I came around the corner to see 3 guys roughing up my route partner behind a commercial prop.

I had a trimmer in my hands and in a very fast walk pulled it and fired it up and ate 2 out of the 3 guys up real bad with it. I call that KARMA.

On a different note I dont think i would let anything get to those point of getting hit and not doing anything about it. Acually these days I would just pull my shirt up exposing my Glock 22 and I think that would defuse anyone that mad. Pepole are nutz and take them selves WAY to serious.

Guees the only time a blower has made anyone angry is was an ex g/f sitting out side at one of our commerical props on her cell phone.....lmao

Birdhunter1
07-06-2006, 06:46 PM
Yup where I come from it's called he scared the **** out of you, not the other way around!

I suspect there is more to the story.

YUP, me too, or it is a line of material fed straight from the stall!

cantoo
07-06-2006, 11:51 PM
MMLawn, your wrong. He did bruise the heck out of the guys knuckles. He won't be hitting anyone else for awhile.

Envy Lawn Service
07-07-2006, 12:16 AM
Hah... and to think I felt bad today because I peppered two passing cars with clippings today.

I was just 'off' all day today. The first one I was cutting the ditch line and throwing into a rural road. I could have done it the other way, but just didn't think. Car came flying up behind me and actually came over 3/4 of the way into the wrong lane like they were praying for damage. I stopped instantly when the car went by. The guy looks back at me, then decides to barrel off.

The second one I was also cutting a street-side ditch line. It's a really steep ditch and it also runs downhill at a pretty good grade with the road. So it is only possible to travel and cut in one direction, so when side discharging it flies in the street. It was real wet too, so I was already worried about sliding in and getting stuck. So here I am mowing it and a car tops the hill pretty fast. I was on such a slope I couldn't stop and the car was on top of me before I could adjust and get to the PTO switch, so I sprayed it. It didn't stop either.

People just don't act like that much down here... except the 'transplants' and most of them learn once they carry there first down-home azzwhoopin'.

You'd better be a mean sob to act any such a way around here, otherwise you're looking at a trip to the hospital and then a trip to the dentist when you're done there.

mike lane lawn care
07-07-2006, 12:16 AM
whenever i see someone come upto me that looks like they want some trouble, i usualy have the trimmer in my hand, i'll turn it off to talk, but if it gets violent i always have my hand on the pull start. I have never had anyone come up to me and start bi*ching while i am mowing with the tractor, they wait until after i'm done. i guess they see a fairly large, heavy, and powerful machine and think twice.

rodneyskip
07-07-2006, 12:46 AM
Don't know if I consired it getting your azz kicked, but I wouldn't have just stood there either. You lay a hand on me, you better be ready because I WILL!

I had been involved in about 8 or 9 fights in high school and I WON all but 1 of them, and that was because it was 3 on 1.

My dad raised me as the type to never itentionally try to start a fight, but if someone starts with me, don't wuss out or sit there and take it, I fight back! :weightlifter:

Just remember J&R- there is a BIG difference between a real fight and a high school fight.

Sandgropher
07-07-2006, 12:59 AM
I was in a similar situation today, the guy walked up and punched me in the head, broke my arm and legs and hit me on the head with my trimmer, i shot him a mean look :angry: and he took off as fast as his little legs could carry him......:walking:

Let this be a lesson to anybody else who wants to have a go.......:hammerhead: ..

P.S i havn't seen him since so he was lucky.:nono: :nono: :laugh:

Rev. Crabgrass
07-10-2006, 10:54 AM
People just don't act like that much down here... except the 'transplants' and most of them learn once they carry there first down-home azzwhoopin'.

You'd better be a mean sob to act any such a way around here, otherwise you're looking at a trip to the hospital and then a trip to the dentist when you're done there.

Yeah people are easy to get along with but when its time sling 'em there isn't any talking about it or all that shoving crap. That is for people who really don't want to fight and hope that by bowing up the other guy will back down. When someone bows up they just make themselves a bigger target and nothing is as fun as unloading on a guy while he is saying "what are you gonna do about it?" Don't tell him, show him.

REV.

mcwlandscaping
07-10-2006, 11:15 AM
guys at my school know what i do for work and know that if they start sh** with me that ill give it right back. Im the same was as J&R, ide never start a fight but i sure wouldn't sit there if someone tried sh** w/ me!

mcwlandscaping
07-10-2006, 11:20 AM
however in the case of work related beefs, just back off if you can and call cops so they can take care of it, its easier and looks better for you. If you have to fight, take em down fast!!!

Team-Green L&L
07-10-2006, 11:22 AM
These actions are ridiculuous. I try to be as reserved as possible, but I would have to throw a ton of grass on his car, face, ect. if someone acted in that manner towards me.

cessnasovereign
07-10-2006, 02:01 PM
holy smokes, topsites, thats some patience! lol

He might would have tried to shove me, but I could guarantee you, as soon as his arms extended, he's be falling face first and have his arms bent up behind his back and a knee on his neck. I guess 5 years of TaeKwonDo, and 20 years of being beat up by my older brother who was a high school wrestler and for the past 9 years a Marine, has paid off. hahahaha

But there is no way I could take that. And if he was wayyyyyy bigger than me and I knew he could whoop me, I'd just get his tag and press charges for assault, which actually could be more satisfying than beating his butt, seeing him sit in a jail for a few days..

cessnasovereign
07-10-2006, 02:04 PM
Just remember J&R- there is a BIG difference between a real fight and a high school fight.

Yeah I learned that the hard way once.. I was used to the 15-16 year old slaps, while I was working on getting my blackbelt in highschoo, so it was never any problem to me, until I was about 17 and got into an agrument with 2 really big, much older and drunk guys.

Ouch.

Charles
07-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Ya know in some cities and towns they put your name in the paper when a crime is committed or if you have been just charged with a crime.
How would it look to your customers and potential customers for your name to be listed under "Assault and battery"?:rolleyes:

mblackburn
07-10-2006, 02:37 PM
Alls good that ends well...I know we are all guys and outdoor working kinda guys which makes us all that more likely to get a kick outta stomping some ass...or at least just talking about it. In the interest to keeping a good reputation for the business I say do what you can to avoid that type of conflict.

That being said if he hit me it would be unlikely to avoid somebody me or him getting a major ass whoopin.

I would have fired back up and kept working if I could see the conversation was to stay unproductive...not mouthed back or instigated it further just say sorry and keep working then if he assualts you kick the s out of him the minute he makes it physical preferably behind the building in the alley in fact lead him around there while hes barking at you and when out of site have your crew jump him and cut his false teeth up (sorry but that may be true but that sounds like a load of bs)lol