PDA

View Full Version : confused about pumps and wheel motors

lzrj
07-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Can someone tell me the difference between the different makes of pumps and wheel motors. I see the good mowers list Parker wheel motors. And I think I've see White as a make as well. Tell me what I should be looking for and what to stay away from with pumps and wheel motors.

Scotts' Yard Care
07-06-2006, 11:10 PM
because this is an interesting subject. I'll add what little I know and hope others add to it. Generally, any component rated as industrial or commercial will last a couple of thousand hours and some people report 3-4000 or more with good care. Hydro-gear,Parker and the others you mentioned are good as long as you get the commercial rated. Hydro-gear offers some good homeowner unit systems-IZT and EZT but they aren't designed to the same life span as pumps and wheel motors. When you say 10cc or 12cc pumps, I understand this is the amount of fluid pumped by each revolution of the input pulley. Walker runs a unit system built by Eaton(?) that is, of course, commercial rated and I think Dixie chopper runs a White system claimed to be the strongest mower hydro made. Corrections or additions to the above are cheerfully requested.:)

PLM-1
07-07-2006, 12:06 AM
Grasshopper run BDP pumps and Ross-Parker wheel motors, 31cc, i believe. Those little 10 and 12cc pumps make me sick!

TURF DOCTOR
07-07-2006, 12:21 AM
We Had A 725 Grassshopper That Had 10cc Pumps.

tacoma200
07-07-2006, 12:39 AM
Grasshoppers are good mowers but I don't seem that popular in most of the country. They are around here, maybe because of the terrain. I think they would sell better if they were red or Richard Petty would sponsor them. In all seriousness they just don't premote themselves like Exmark.

PLM-1
07-07-2006, 12:42 AM
Maybe an old Gemini not a G2

TURF DOCTOR
07-07-2006, 12:48 AM
like a 2002 or 2003 model good mower for the cut and ride but man the pumps were noisey like they were going to blow.