PDA

View Full Version : Poulan Pro PPB 350 gas edger o.k. ?

r.u.saved?
07-06-2006, 12:56 AM
Hi!

How would you rate this gas edger? I am not a
professional, just helping someone keep their yard
nice. Just need a decent budget edger with at least
some quality.

Thank you for your response.

Phil

P.S. At present I am not a home owner.

mbricker
07-06-2006, 03:44 AM
Phil, I do not know anything about Poulan. But if you are intending to get something that will last and be reliable, my recomendation is Stihl or Echo. I have an Echo stick edger (PE-2601), and think it cost me about $200. You should know that Echo has decided they want some of the discount business and now sells some products through Home Depot. What I have seen there are different models from what the regular lawn equipment dealers sell. I would guess the discount models are made cheaper than the lawn equip. dealer models.

mbricker
07-06-2006, 03:52 AM
Just saw your other thread. So now I am wondering, are you asking about an edger, for cutting the edge along a pavement like a drive or sidewalk? Or are you looking for a trimmer, for general weedeating? (which can also be used as an edger with a little practice)

the main difference is that an edger uses a metal blade with just a straight 2 end blade, and can't be used for trimming. but a trimmer usually uses string (nylon cord) and can be used like a small lawnmower, but can also have a metal blade put on for extra heavy weeds or even saplings.

r.u.saved?
07-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Hi!

Thanks again mbricker for your response about the edger.
To answer your question, I just want a decent medium
priced gas powered edger. Preferably with line, not a steel
blade. Thanks for the Home Depot idea.

Phil:usflag: