PDA

View Full Version : 45 acre camp bid

curry
07-06-2006, 12:06 AM
I am bidding on a childrens camp that I want to run the numbers by yall. It is a 150 acre camp of which 45 is mowed. It is mostly flat with quite a few trees, 10 cabins, swimming pool, and 5 very large buildings. A lot of the trees wont have to be trimmed due to the grass being dead around it because of the high traffic. The owners are very nice people. The crew doing it now has 3 people on the property at a time. Two on 61" Zs and one trimming. Half is done one week and the other half the next. The owner says they work 8 hrs each time they come(24 man hrs). I will be using a 61" Toro Z and a 44" Toro Z as well as one man trimming. I can operate the 44" much faster around the trees and building than a 61" Z. I figured 50 man hrs X $55 per hr for $2750 per cutting. Do these times and $ amounts look in line.

smcunningham
07-06-2006, 12:09 AM
sounds about right

LwnmwrMan22
07-06-2006, 07:09 AM
I'd say right now they're probably paying about $1500 / cut, give or take $250 either way.

MMLawn
07-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Based with direct experience on the exact same type property that you are bidding, I'd have to agree with LM22 in that at your price of $2750 per, you are about double/twice what the winning price wll be.

curry
07-06-2006, 10:18 AM
Your figures come up to $31.25 per hr. If they are paying that I dont see how this mowing company stays in business. Never know. I just know I wont be mowing it for that.

MMLawn
07-06-2006, 10:34 AM
I understand, and agree with you, but like I said I'd bet the farm on it.

MMLawn
07-06-2006, 10:41 AM
I got ask to bid Kyle and Patti Petty's Victory Junction Gang Camp here. Now in all fairness the winning LCO did NOT have to use their equipment as Hustler donated equipment to VJGC so you would use their stuff only, even gas. BUT it also included full landscape care too not just mowing. Now, also in fairness my business has been greatly blessed so I decided to bid it at my true cost with no proft or markup at all because I think the camp is a great charity and I wished to give back. I figured 4 guys there 3 days a week. So only covering my exact cost of those employees only, AND remember no equipment related expenses, and I did not even inlcude the cost of my company truck to get them there and back each day, my bid was less than half of what you stated for yours...........and someone was lower than that.....so......