PDA

View Full Version : bobcat T 140

Stafford Landscaping
07-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Does anybody had any experience with the T 140? I have an older
New Holland 783 that still works fine and has been very reliable. But in my landscaping jobs I could use a smaller machine to take out some of the hand labor. And the 783 for the bigger stuff.

Tigerotor77W
07-06-2006, 08:55 PM
Why are you looking specifically at a track loader for those jobs? Is the T140 a small enough machine to replace your hand labor in all of your situations? If you have had good experience with the 783, why not stick with NH?

(These are just questions that might give us a better idea of what conditions you'd need to work in.)

Stafford Landscaping
07-06-2006, 09:36 PM
Why are you looking specifically at a track loader for those jobs? Is the T140 a small enough machine to replace your hand labor in all of your situations? If you have had good experience with the 783, why not stick with NH?

(These are just questions that might give us a better idea of what conditions you'd need to work in.)

Well, I get the bobcat worksaver mag. from bobcat and seen the T 140 in it
and thought that it might fit my need and the tracks have a low ground pressure. And I have'nt really looked at any of the small NH's. But I have also looked at the Toro Dingo and thought that it maybe a good option too. Just pondering different Ideas and asking you guys about your experiences with any of these pieces of equipment any help would be appreciated Thanks

Digdeep
07-07-2006, 08:52 AM
I would also look at the RC50 along side the T140. It's a 1,000 lbs lighter, faster, and has lower ground pressure. The RC30 is also another option if you decide to look at a smaller machine such as the Dingo. Some advantages would be ground speed, you don't have to stand on it all day, and it has an enclosed cab option with a heater in inclement weather.

Stafford Landscaping
07-07-2006, 07:31 PM
I would also look at the RC50 along side the T140. It's a 1,000 lbs lighter, faster, and has lower ground pressure. The RC30 is also another option if you decide to look at a smaller machine such as the Dingo. Some advantages would be ground speed, you don't have to stand on it all day, and it has an enclosed cab option with a heater in inclement weather.

Do you know how much the RC50 & 30 Weighs I have seen those around but really have'nt looked closely at them and how do they operate (all hand controls or foot and hand controls).

xcopterdoc
07-07-2006, 07:51 PM
We have several of the T series machines in our rental fleet with upwards of 1000 hard rental hrs and no real issues to report. In our area of NC the sand really eats sprockets. Other than that, no big concerns. Its pretty much like the larger T series machines minus the high flow hydraulics.

bbailey
07-07-2006, 08:25 PM
RC-30 is somewhere around 3300 pounds. Go to asvi.com for all the specs. The ASV is hand controls.