PDA

View Full Version : Gas/Fuel Tanks Buying Advise?

sonne
07-06-2006, 11:12 AM
I am a new member. Great forum!

I believe in buying good products even for small stuff. I hate to work with cheap plastic Fuel Tanks to fill up my land mowers which probably spill. I may work with them for the next 10 years. Are there any good e.g. 5 Gallon Fuel Tanks out there? Are you pro's prefer plastic or metal? Where would you get them?

lawnspecialties
07-06-2006, 11:26 AM
I only use plastic. My only advice is never buy the "ventless" five gallon tanks. I think Blitz is a manufacturer name. For small tanks, they're not so bad. For big tanks, they just take too dang long.:)

Brendan Smith
07-06-2006, 12:07 PM
I only use plastic. My only advice is never buy the "ventless" five gallon tanks. I think Blitz is a manufacturer name. For small tanks, they're not so bad. For big tanks, they just take too dang long.:)
i second that!! i had one and got so frustrated with it that i punched a vent hole, but then thought about water intrusion and threw it away. the bad thing was that it was only a day old. i hate the metal ones too because there is no spout.

jkingrph
07-06-2006, 05:22 PM
Get Justrite Safety Cans, they make several types,all metal one has spout, anti flash back screen and vent. Pricey but nice, I got several to store gas for a generator and now my storage building does not smell like gasoline.

JJK