PDA

View Full Version : Tanaka on www.grainger.com

Tanaka
07-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Hi,
Tanaka has recently increased its product and accessory offerings to Grainger and the first wave of items are currently available. Go to www.grainger.com and search by manufacturer / brand for Tanaka.

-MW

Frontier-Lawn
07-07-2006, 11:42 AM
mark this off topic but lately i have seen on ebay alot of new in box tanaka's bieng sold. do you let mower shops sell them on ebay? http://search.ebay.com/tanaka_Outdoor-Power-Equipment_W0QQcatrefZC6QQfromZR10QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ3QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsacatZ29518QQsaprchiZQQsaprcloZQQ sbrsrtZd

Tanaka
07-07-2006, 12:21 PM
Hi,
Yes, Tanaka dealers are allowed to sell our products online.

-MW

Frontier-Lawn
07-07-2006, 12:31 PM
the reason i ask is one of my dealers i go to told me. if sthil, redmax & shinda caught any of there dealers selling on ebay, they would get a immediate pull out of their products and any product on the shelves would be taken.

newz7151
07-07-2006, 01:01 PM
the reason i ask is one of my dealers i go to told me. if sthil, redmax & shinda caught any of there dealers selling on ebay, they would get a immediate pull out of their products and any product on the shelves would be taken.

Think of Tanaka more like Echo.... sales, sales, sales. Redmax seems to be shifting to the same way also.. sales, sales, sales.

Tanaka
07-07-2006, 01:14 PM
Yeah, this industry is strange. I don't get it.

This is our position:

1. We don't think we have a right to tell an independent dealer where they can and can not sell our product.

2. The internet is not going away. People want to buy our products online.

3. Believe it or not, but some guys view going to the dealer as a "hassle." We want you guys to be as productive as possible!

-MW

ThirdDay
07-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Think of Tanaka more like Echo.... sales, sales, sales. Redmax seems to be shifting to the same way also.. sales, sales, sales.

Echo does not allow sales on the Internet but it is tough to patrol.

You can find any brand on-line at any given time. It takes awhile for Echo, Stihl, whatever todeale with the issue.

newz7151
07-07-2006, 03:39 PM
Echo does not allow sales on the Internet but it is tough to patrol.

Woo.. then I guess somebody had better let Echo know that HomeDepot is selling them online. :dizzy:

AAELI
07-07-2006, 05:22 PM
Shindaiwa touts to its dealers that they have a policy of selling their products through service dealers only. Non-service dealers do sell them where the dist. decides he needs more market share than the service dealer can get him. At least they do out here.

You can find parts for most any brand online and those who will sell. Someday it will be even easier to get what you need / want when you want it with better service to boot.

Competition improves delivery of service where pricing of parts is constant, or eliminates the poor provider.