PDA

View Full Version : My Gravely review

John Gamba
07-06-2006, 02:01 PM
Today i had my gravely 15/48 in some tall wet grass and it did very well. It did miss here and there but it was acceptable. It did throw out puff balls but not clumps. The deck was almost clean underneath.

All and all its not a bad mower.

John

Brendan Smith
07-06-2006, 02:12 PM
ok john, now lets test it under southern conditions. just drop ship it to me and i'll supply you a full review in 3-5 months :) :laugh:

John Gamba
07-06-2006, 02:23 PM
ok john, now lets test it under southern conditions. just drop ship it to me and i'll supply you a full review in 3-5 months :) :laugh:

I'm crating it up as we type:laugh: I'll tell you its been 16 or so years since i did a gear drive, it gave me a work out todaycry:

ProStreetCamaro
07-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Ahhhh gravely. We had a PRO-50 gear drive and absolutely loved it. Had the 18hp kohler magnum and that was one of the best mowers we ever owned. Had over 3,000 hours on it when we sold it and still going strong. Gravely equipment is built for the long haul so expect to own that bad boy for many many years.

There isnt very many brands we havent owned and gravely is right on top in our books.

Brendan Smith
07-06-2006, 02:48 PM
I'm crating it up as we type:laugh: I'll tell you its been 16 or so years since i did a gear drive, it gave me a work out todaycry:
seriously, i'm glad you like it. hope it gives you great service. i wish there was a good gravley dealer around here. i think there is one, but the last time i was there, they didn't have anything but bob cat, hustler, and great dane in stock.

lawnmaniac883
07-06-2006, 02:52 PM
For some reason, gravely is the most underrated brand in the industry. I have no clue why either, they make really top notch machines and dont try to sell you a product by slapping some fancy names on it and shoving it in your face. Down here I see 90% exmarks and 10% choppers. Hardly anything else mainly IMO because people buy what they see other people running. I run a 44z, has performed very well despite a few issues with the engine on it. How do you like the pro steer controls?

John Gamba
07-06-2006, 03:43 PM
seriously, i'm glad you like it. hope it gives you great service. .

It will get sold at the end of the season or by next spring. I'm looking at the hydro 52/19Kaw. I'm working on starting a Maintenance company to maintain the props i own and the ones we buy to sell or fix up to sell.

Hay!!!!Hows everybodys tan doing:) I'm getting there:laugh:

John Gamba
07-06-2006, 03:45 PM
For some reason, gravely is the most underrated brand in the industry. I have no clue why either, How do you like the pro steer controls?

Dealers where the problem and this is a pistol grip mower.

justinc
07-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Ive had my pro g for about 3 months now and I love it. I really like the pro-steer controls, and the machine is built like a tank. Also their prices are alot better than some of the competitors. I highly recommend Gravely products.

Howie's Lawn Care
07-06-2006, 03:53 PM
It will get sold at the end of the season or by next spring. I'm looking at the hydro 52/19Kaw. I'm working on starting a Maintenance company to maintain the props i own and the ones we buy to sell or fix up to sell.

Hay!!!!Hows everybodys tan doing:) I'm getting there:laugh:
How many properties do you own. I want to try and save up 10-15% to put down on a double next year. I don't know if I would rent both halfs out or live in one, but I'd like to get some rentals. My parents are into fixing up houses (mainly their own), so they would probably help me out alot. They love putting down tiles and painting. Anyways, why are you starting a seperate maintenance company to maintain your properties instead of having a mowing crew do it. Is it because of tax purposes or what? Also, do you have some tips pertaining to buying, fixing, selling/renting properties. Is there any way to combat the insane property taxes or easier ways to manage them? Thanks for any answers or advice.

-Nick Howard

MMLawn
07-06-2006, 03:58 PM
What happened Johnny Boy? I thought you were a die-hard eXmark user/fan.....there new deck let you down too??? :laugh:

John Gamba
07-06-2006, 04:05 PM
What happened Johnny Boy? I thought you were a die-hard eXmark user/fan.....there new deck let you down too??? :laugh:

On the triton no. I had a walk with the tryvantage on it. There to much toro now:cry:

I call them Toromark:cry:

John Gamba
07-06-2006, 04:14 PM
How many properties do you own. I want to try and save up 10-15% to put down on a double next year. I don't know if I would rent both halfs out or live in one, but I'd like to get some rentals. My parents are into fixing up houses (mainly their own), so they would probably help me out alot. They love putting down tiles and painting. Anyways, why are you starting a seperate maintenance company to maintain your properties instead of having a mowing crew do it. Is it because of tax purposes or what? Also, do you have some tips pertaining to buying, fixing, selling/renting properties. Is there any way to combat the insane property taxes or easier ways to manage them? Thanks for any answers or advice.

-Nick Howard

Ok Nick.

I'm in business with two friends. We buy lots and put up homes or we buy a house and fix it up. Now we SELL the houses not rent them. On the maintenance side i will get the money for installs and maintenance like mowing, trimming and the like. I will put the price on it and the company will cut me a check. I'm hoping to have something to let my oldest play with, it will give him something to do.

Renting is great if you buy the prop and can afford to have some down time(no rent or eviction) You should look into buying and selling not renting.

If you buy a double you are looking at a long haul and some profit BUT if you buy it you can get all that profit now. I will say we have a hose in the 400Thousand range thats just sitting:cry: Not all of this will work but most does.

John

Precision
07-06-2006, 07:56 PM
Dealers where the problem and this is a pistol grip mower.

Amen on the dealers. Even the Gravely reps and distributors around here will tell you that. Many have been dealers for 30+ years and have not kept up with the commercial side of the business or the "new fangled mowers" for repairs.

Mine certainly hasn't. what a chump

Envy Lawn Service
07-07-2006, 12:22 AM
Gravely has good units.

You ought to check out the 148Z, 152Z and 260Z sometime when you have a chance.

tacoma200
07-07-2006, 12:34 AM
On the triton no. I had a walk with the tryvantage on it. There to much toro now:cry:

I call them Toromark:cry:

Could you elaberate on why your not a big Exmark fan anymore. I'm talking ZTR, I don't know anything about walk behinds. What has changed in the last few years other than the new deck? This is a big blow to me, nothing I like better than to get out my Exmark DVD and a bag of popcorn and hear you endorse the big red machines. I guess I'll have to get a life now.

MTR
07-07-2006, 02:33 AM
Could you elaberate on why your not a big Exmark fan anymore. I'm talking ZTR, I don't know anything about walk behinds. What has changed in the last few years other than the new deck? This is a big blow to me, nothing I like better than to get out my Exmark DVD and a bag of popcorn and hear you endorse the big red machines. I guess I'll have to get a life now.

Seriously, you need to open up your mind and eyes...eXmark is great in the past but I doubt their ability to "survive" in the future, everything new in 2006 on LCO trailers are not eXmark. I am pretty sure they are resting on their laurel. I am one of people who are done with the X. I can find better product with less price tag and better service than theirs.

John Gamba
09-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Ive had my pro g for about 3 months now and I love it. I really like the pro-steer controls, and the machine is built like a tank. Also their prices are alot better than some of the competitors. I highly recommend Gravely products.

How do you like the pro-steer on your gear drive?? how is it on hills and backing up.

John

Matts lawn care
09-26-2006, 07:36 PM
next season i am adding a 34 Gravely to my list does any one have the smaller models? how has it worked for you.

Jay's Lawncare
09-27-2006, 11:54 AM
excellent cutting little mower, plenty of power and very maneuverable. If you have any hills though, forget about it...lol..............Jay

georgiagrass
09-18-2007, 12:26 PM
We have both the 34Z (15 Kaw) and the 152Z (23 Kaw). Both are awesome machines. We have mulching kits on both. The 34 will get into any backyard through any gate. It leaves a great cut and is solid as a rock. Only issue we've had with it is that it is not all that good laterally on hills; wants to break and run. I attribute this to the narrow frame and relatively skinny rear tires. The 152 is as good a large mower as I've ever cut with. One feature I like is the hydraulic deck lift which is just nifty. The cut and quality is definitely right up there with Exmark and Scag, which are probably the most often seen ZTR mowers around Atlanta. For the money, Gravely gets my vote.