PDA

View Full Version : new cv25s hard to spin over

npilcher
07-06-2006, 04:55 PM
I recently replaced my bobcat zt200 engine. It is a cv25s spec 69538.
the engine is new, however when you attempt to spin it over, it wants to spin 1 round then lock. Spin another round then lock. It sounds like it has so much compression its hard to spin over. Problem gets worse as the engine heats up. New battery, and I also added jumper cables from the truck to the new battery with no luck. It does appear to have a little voltage drop b/w the battery and the starter. Approx. .50 volt. The starter also sounds a little rough when spinning over. The engine runs perfectly just sluggish to spin over. Any suggestions

FIXDISS
07-06-2006, 05:34 PM
I recently replaced my bobcat zt200 engine. It is a cv25s spec 69538.
the engine is new, however when you attempt to spin it over, it wants to spin 1 round then lock. Spin another round then lock. It sounds like it has so much compression its hard to spin over. Problem gets worse as the engine heats up. New battery, and I also added jumper cables from the truck to the new battery with no luck. It does appear to have a little voltage drop b/w the battery and the starter. Approx. .50 volt. The starter also sounds a little rough when spinning over. The engine runs perfectly just sluggish to spin over. Any suggestions
Wow ! A new engine should not be giving you that problem. Sounds like the compression release which is internal. Remove the belt from crank or make sure it is not grabbbing when trying to crank it. If it still won't turn then see if you can manually turn the engine by hand using the blower screen.If you can't take it back to dealer .

Jim@MilkyWay
07-06-2006, 07:03 PM
Have you taken the spark plugs out to see if starter will then spin engine freely?
Guys, is it possible timing is greatly advanced, thereby not allowing engine to turn with starter? In other words, is it firing too early? :confused:

lawnmaniac883
07-06-2006, 08:05 PM
Have you taken the spark plugs out to see if starter will then spin engine freely?
Guys, is it possible timing is greatly advanced, thereby not allowing engine to turn with starter? In other words, is it firing too early? :confused:

Thats what I was thinking about the plugs...

FIXDISS
07-06-2006, 08:15 PM
Thats what I was thinking about the plugs...
Another possibility is improper valve lash but with hydraulic that could only be caused by the rocker arm fastener nuts backing off or the studs pulling out. You could also have a bent pushrod. You can check by pulling valve covers and checking torque on fasteners.