PDA

View Full Version : Who else won't finish their route this week?

Jpocket
07-06-2006, 07:43 PM
We took off mon. & Tues. we had flooding downpours on wed. so this week my Mon. & Tues routes won't get cut...and there ain't a damn thing I can do about it. Really sucks!

I just can't win.:rolleyes:

MudslinginFX4
07-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Same thing here.. except it rained all day today instead of Wednesday. To top it off my guys are now bitc**in and complaining that I am working them too much and they will no longer work Saturdays.. so guess what I'm doing?? CLEANING HOUSE. I will have all new employees starting next week.

Splicer
07-06-2006, 07:55 PM
I would help out if I could for a percentage...

AL Inc
07-06-2006, 08:09 PM
We should be done by Sat. afternoon hopefully(knocking on wood as I type this) Lost most of yesterday, and a few hours this morning, and to make life more fun, I scheduled some work for Saturday, which I have been putting off for over a month now. Somehow, we'll get everything done.:drinkup: I need one right now.

MMLawn
07-06-2006, 08:12 PM
yep....even as "well stocked" with employees as I am, between the Holiday on Tuesday and the rain today....for the first time in many,many years we will be working Saturday... cause we still have about 175 acres left to cut this week :cry:

lawnboy dan
07-06-2006, 08:21 PM
now you know why i think holidays are worthless! i wont get done unless i work sat and sunday too. forcast is for a very wet weekend too. holidays may be fine for the 9-5ers but for us self employed -they are a nuisance!

Precision
07-06-2006, 08:48 PM
That is the reason we worked like dogs on Monday.

For the first time in a month, we are actually where we should be going into Friday AM. Feels good, but I am just waiting for further employee issues to screw this week up too.

ProStreetCamaro
07-06-2006, 08:50 PM
We got 12" of rain here in MD last monday through wednesday with severe flooding and we got them all done except for 4 lawns. This week we are right on schedule and will be done by lunch tomorrow. We worked in between the heavy rains and this past saturday.

jt5019
07-06-2006, 08:53 PM
We plan on doing as much as possible tomorrow but im pretty sure we will have to finish up mowing on Saturday. The mulch job i had planned for Sat is gonna have to wait until next week. Im hoping to get finished early so i can get down to the New London Sailfest and fireworks.:drinkup:

JJLandscapes
07-06-2006, 09:11 PM
We took off mon. & Tues. we had flooding downpours on wed. so this week my Mon. & Tues routes won't get cut...and there ain't a damn thing I can do about it. Really sucks!

i think every thread i ever seen you start is very depressed u need to quit the business b4 grass causes your suicide. Not trying to be an ******* or start anything im being serious

next year you learn your lesson and dont take off monday and if forecast calls for rain dont take off the 4th

we worked til noon on the 4th and if we wanted to we could have worked all day without a complaint because every customer that day came out and didnt even mention why are we cutting on a holiday and no neighbors gave any looks

yesterday we got rained out so today we did 39 houses( record for us) in 11 hours to catch up and i only ate a slimjim all day lol

tomorow we have 37 houses lined up so we can do an install on saturday

StBalor
07-06-2006, 09:24 PM
We got 12" of rain here in MD last monday through wednesday with severe flooding and we got them all done except for 4 lawns. This week we are right on schedule and will be done by lunch tomorrow. We worked in between the heavy rains and this past saturday.

The grass really greened up after all that rain, Huh, Prostreet

Freddy_Kruger
07-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Those LCO's that work 4 10's really have a leg up on this sort of situation.

rodfather
07-06-2006, 09:53 PM
Those LCO's that work 4 10's really have a leg up on this sort of situation.

Exactly what we do...we will finish tomorrow by 1 or so.

Jpocket
07-06-2006, 10:34 PM
i think every thread i ever seen you start is very depressed u need to quit the business b4 grass causes your suicide. Not trying to be an ******* or start anything im being serious

next year you learn your lesson and dont take off monday and if forecast calls for rain dont take off the 4th

we worked til noon on the 4th and if we wanted to we could have worked all day without a complaint because every customer that day came out and didnt even mention why are we cutting on a holiday and no neighbors gave any looks

yesterday we got rained out so today we did 39 houses( record for us) in 11 hours to catch up and i only ate a slimjim all day lol

tomorow we have 37 houses lined up so we can do an install on saturday

And you are right....I will be the first one to admit it. ANd yes I am looking at some other ventures, but right now I run a Lawn maint. company. I am doing the best i can. I love the work, and the equipment. THis year has just been tough so far, with me trying to grow the business. I over looked the fact that the issues we had when I had 1 employee, would only be magnified when I doubled my business.

I just talk about it here b/c I know the ppl. here understand to a certain degree.

ProStreetCamaro
07-06-2006, 11:16 PM
The grass really greened up after all that rain, Huh, Prostreet

Greened up isnt the word for it! Its growing very fast now. Its amazing how well the grass responded to the rain. It went from brown and not growing much to green and growing like crazy again in a matter on a couple days. :)

parkeeee
07-06-2006, 11:23 PM
I staff holidays, "got to make hay while the sun shines".

mak2
07-06-2006, 11:44 PM
AND I JUST DONT CARE. GEEZE I AM DOING THE BEST I CAN!!!! the Indy weather is beautiful, it is thursday and I still have 8-10 hours of mowin to do, I might just sit on my rear and drink.

FinerCutslawnCare
07-07-2006, 12:08 AM
yea well ahhh u want to send me some becasue it is so dry here i could through a match in anyones lawn and it would be gone faster than a blink of an eye!

Fantasy Lawns
07-07-2006, 12:33 AM
The guys worked till noon on the 4th n should be done by 2pm tomorrow .... with a nice 2 day weekend with the family ;-)

naturescape
07-07-2006, 05:49 PM

Shouldn't you be behind on your Thurs and Fri. routes? That doesn't seem fair to your early week customers. When I'm behind I still maintain customers in the order they are normally done.

Jpocket
07-07-2006, 08:33 PM
Shouldn't you be behind on your Thurs and Fri. routes? That doesn't seem fair to your early week customers. When I'm behind I still maintain customers in the order they are normally done.

My monday/ Tuesday customers are good customers, but they aren't "Highend" accounts....we squeezed the commercials in that we do on theses days but the residentail will have to wait until this coming week. with My wed-Fri accounts skipping a week is just not an option. I have some slack with the mon-tues customers. On the commercials noone will notice anyways

scaper27
07-07-2006, 10:33 PM
We are just a day behind, because of two late starts due to rain. Gotta hire more guys or start earlier and end later in the day if you are behind

Gatewayuser
07-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Who knows if I will or not all of my mowers broke today even my push.

Cracker Station
07-07-2006, 11:04 PM
sorry Gateway...hafta say It. Sucks to be you, huh?