PDA

View Full Version : Echo Carb SRM261T versus PB650

ed2hess
07-06-2006, 08:36 PM
Is the carb on these two units basically the same. I want to take a new carb off a trimmer and put it on an old PB650 to confirm that carb will fix the problem. I have cleaned the ports, new carb kit, new fuel filter and new head gasket and new spark plug. When I accelerate the unit it bogs. If I squirt carb cleaner into the carb slowly it takes off and runs as long as I squirt.

ed2hess
07-08-2006, 06:00 PM
From a mechanical standpoint they seem alike but it looks like the jet may be different....probably bigger diameter hole on the blower.

lawnmaniac883
07-08-2006, 06:08 PM
Just take the air filter off of the carb you suspect is bad and once you get the engine running, put a gassy rag next to / over the carb opening and as you increase the throttle, hold the rag closer. The vapors from the rag act like a crude carburetor but will run the engine just fine if carb is the problem. Taking new carbs off of new trimmers to fit onto an old blower just for a check is a waste of time. Rag works every time.

ed2hess
07-09-2006, 01:39 PM
Just take the air filter off of the carb you suspect is bad and once you get the engine running, put a gassy rag next to / over the carb opening and as you increase the throttle, hold the rag closer. The vapors from the rag act like a crude carburetor but will run the engine just fine if carb is the problem. Taking new carbs off of new trimmers to fit onto an old blower just for a check is a waste of time. Rag works every time.
Thanks for that tip......the problem turned out to be a spec of dirt in the tiny jet valve. I failed to pull it out and run fine wire through it when I rebuilt the carb. I thought I sprayed carb cleaner through it put obviously didn't. Put it back together and it is running fine.

lawnmaniac883
07-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Good job. Dont ya love it when you fix stuff yourself.