PDA

View Full Version : Beware Of This!

WJW Lawn
07-06-2006, 09:30 PM
Whenever a guy tells you he is a "honest christian man"...more than likely he's a D*** with ears. Guy tells me tonight that he's a "honest christian man" and then proceeds to tell me he didnt like the weeding and pruning job I did for him...so he isnt going to pay me. So...I say "Well sir...if you arent happy with something allow me to fix it--because you shouldn't pay for something you don't like" He says....no I dont want you to fix it and I wont pay. Then he tells me he doesnt think I really cut his grass all 5 times since he signed up. When I told him he had an invoice for each single time I cut...he started moonwalking like Micheal Jackson. So...I tell him "You may not pay me now...but you will pay me"

THE LESSON---When dealing with an "honest christian man" Just know that he has screwed someone before you...and will screw you too. :hammerhead:

mowahman
07-06-2006, 09:52 PM
Been there...done that. HAD 2 churches and a non profit....biggest PITAs, slowest payers, most frequent B*%#@ers EVER!!!!!!!! Also, went to the areas finest Catholic schools and was "taught" by the biggest bunch of hypercrits I ever met... Now, I avoid any church or "honest Christian" I get calls from. Ever wonder why they are so "honest"?? Boy, can't wait to see the looks on their faces at the Pearly Gates when they bring up the whole "you jipped the lawn guy" thing and open the gates to Hades. HA HA HA !!!!!!!!

WJW Lawn
07-06-2006, 09:56 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Dude...this guy was so full of it....it was running from his ears!!! Said I was scamming him....but he hasn't paid in 2 months..lol Never seen a penny from the "honest christian" but I'm scamming him! HILARIOUS! He will however enjoy the letter from my lawyer.

Freddy_Kruger
07-06-2006, 09:57 PM
I had opposite experience. I had huge church/school I blew the bid, it was way too high $400 for about 5 hours work cleaning windows. Every 4 months or so... but they did try and get me to volunteer to do the main floor windows, lol.

Harry0
07-06-2006, 11:36 PM
I am an "Honest Christian Guy" though this is the first time I have used this term to describe myself. I have been doing business with Christians for many years now. I can say that all was not perfect, but neither are we. True Christians should be totally honest 100% of the time. But they/we are not, I am very thankful our God is a forgiving God.
I understand where you are coming from being turned off by Christians by this guy. But we are not all like that. I would try not to stereotype though I have too in the past. When you get burned a few times by a people of a certain religion, color or nationality its tough not to. Hope you get paid and this guy sees the error of his ways.
Later
Harry

Sandgropher
07-06-2006, 11:45 PM
How do we know he is a Christian ??? :confused:

Every crooked conman tells his victims he is an honest guy. :D

lawnman_scott
07-06-2006, 11:46 PM
I am an "Honest Christian Guy" though this is the first time I have used this term to describe myself. I have been doing business with Christians for many years now. I can say that all was not perfect, but neither are we. True Christians should be totally honest 100% of the time. But they/we are not, I am very thankful our God is a forgiving God.
I understand where you are coming from being turned off by Christians by this guy. But we are not all like that. I would try not to stereotype though I have too in the past. When you get burned a few times by a people of a certain religion, color or nationality its tough not to. Hope you get paid and this guy sees the error of his ways.
Later
HarryHarry, I think you make the point of this thread. This guy claims to be a Chirstian, and has to tell people that, and obviously isnt. People will tell you they are just to make themselves look good. A truly good person wont have to tell you how wonderful they are.

jsf343
07-06-2006, 11:58 PM
Later
Harry

WELL SAID.(above) I too am a Christian. I always cringe when someone says that and then goes back on their word and will not pay. I am sorry that had to happen to you and I too hope you get paid. It is frustrating to be stereotyped but thats what happens from time to time. The sad thing in todays world is everybody says they are a christian but not everyone is. Jeff

clay duncan
07-07-2006, 12:03 AM
Harry, I think you make the point of this thread. This guy claims to be a Chirstian, and has to tell people that, and obviously isnt. People will tell you they are just to make themselves look good. A truly good person wont have to tell you how wonderful they are.

this is a very true statement. i am also very wary of people claiming to be christian. i bought a truck from a baptist preacher when i was 17 years old. he knew that i was going to pull a boat with that truck and was telling me how great the truck was. since he was a preacher i believed everything he told me and did not test drive the truck. i barely got the truck home. it would not pull itself much less anything else. i did learn a lesson though. dont get me wrong, there are some very good christian people out there but in my experience it seems to be about 50/50....

zak406
07-07-2006, 12:09 AM
Me and my partner went to give a lutherland priest a estimate on bush trimming. First thing he says to us is you may not know but im a lutherland priest. We ended up quoting him at 200 and lets say he said i had a guy willing to do it for 60. I was half tempted to say well see if that guys still in buisness.

dcgreenspro
07-07-2006, 12:16 AM
I just picture these people standing at the gates of heaven and St. Peter asking them if they were ever dishonest or used thier religious standing for thier own gain...

Birdhunter1
07-07-2006, 12:23 AM
While I am what most would call an honest christian guy I don't tell people I am.
My dad gives me business advice often, and often I listen.

One of the first rules is to be aware of the ones who tell you they are and then tout themselves as honest uprighteous christians. The "real" christians (as I mean they live what they say) don't preach about themselves, but others may tell you that "that guy right there is the real deal!" In other words the "real deal" people won't have to tell people they are christians.

As far as the honest christian people, yeah I just told one of them she can call me whenever she wants me to mow her yard, but I ain't doing it till I receive payment for the last tme I mowed. She hung up and I haven't heard from her yet!

green acres lawns
07-07-2006, 12:43 AM
I just picture these people standing at the gates of heaven and St. Peter asking them if they were ever dishonest or used thier religious standing for thier own gain...
And on that day, The Lord will say "Depart from Me, I never Knew you"

RyanD
07-07-2006, 03:42 PM
I have a church that I mow. They are one of my best paying customers. Christians are not the problem. The people who feel they have to tell you they are "honest" or a "christian" are the problem. When they feel they have to try to prove to you they are honest, they probably are not. If someone went around saying "trust me, I'm an LCO" and then screwed people, it wouldn't make all of us dishonest regardless of whether he was an LCO or not.

Good topic.

kc2006
07-07-2006, 03:51 PM
I'm trying to get most of the churches in the area, I've had nothing but GREAT experiences with them. They're pretty loyal to a company in the sense that they don't go out looking for bids, they let bids come to them but they don't search for them. They hardly ever complain about anything too. I'd love it if my business was 90% churches next year (aiming for 60%) because they're just the easiest accounts to deal with and pay is always received two days after they get the invoice. What more could you ask for.

The "honest christian man"...well we know he's not honest, so we could probably guess he's not christian...is he even a man?

WJW Lawn
07-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Yea...Im not trying to stereotype people...but if someone has to SAY THEY ARE HONEST....they just aren't most of the time. It is a shame that a guy would call himself an honest christian and then refuse to pay. And now it seems he is coming up with more and more excuses to not pay for last months service. Have you heard this one???--He leaves the check for me in the dryer vent so I can pick it up when I go and mow--cause he doesnt want to send it in the mail. So I go to get it---AND GUESS WHAT!! It isnt there. So I call him and he tells me the F'N CAT must have taken it and played with it! HA HA HA! THIS F'N GUY!!!

Brendan Smith
07-07-2006, 05:11 PM
I have a church that I mow. They are one of my best paying customers. Christians are not the problem. The people who feel they have to tell you they are "honest" or a "christian" are the problem. When they feel they have to try to prove to you they are honest, they probably are not. If someone went around saying "trust me, I'm an LCO" and then screwed people, it wouldn't make all of us dishonest regardless of whether he was an LCO or not.

Good topic.
amen. no pun intended.

K.Carothers
07-07-2006, 05:30 PM
You can say that about anyone.

Every group of people have aholes.

Don't generalize because someone may be saying something bad about you.

Keep it honest.

kc

Ground Scapes
07-07-2006, 05:35 PM
you should have said " ok you dont have to pay me" and then when he was gone come back and scalped his lawn!

topsites
07-07-2006, 07:40 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Dude...this guy was so full of it....it was running from his ears!!! Said I was scamming him....but he hasn't paid in 2 months..lol Never seen a penny from the "honest christian" but I'm scamming him! HILARIOUS! He will however enjoy the letter from my lawyer.

Oh yeah, anytime they go on about some good quality of theirs or whatever about how they're so good about something, watch out.
It's along the same lines as flaunting the money, not quite, but it's a red flag all the same.

Because if you're honest, why do you need to tell me this?
What makes your urge so insatiable that you can not wait for me to see this for myself?

As for when they tell me they're not paying, I just say 'ok' and walk off... Half the time they say something and if it's good enough, sometimes I get paid but not usually, so just keep going, get in the truck and leave, make sure it's nice as can be, a smile would do well but not if it doesn't look real.
Their account has just been accelerated to collections, no Mr. Nice guy wait 60 days before even putting the late fee on there, they get a letter either that evening or the very next day and they got 5 days to pay or they're looking at a late fee AND a collection issue on their credit record. I love customers that tell me 'I am not paying,' they just fixed themselves into immediate collections.

After all, by law we have to assume someone will pay so long they have not made it clear that they're not paying, ALL customers intend to pay by default (whether they pay or not). But once they say it, they're done, they just violated their constitutional rights to a fair collection procedure as far as I'm concerned. In some ways, I wish all my non-payers would tell me this at the time I go to get my money, it would really speed things up for me.

Dashunde
07-07-2006, 08:20 PM
When I hear the words "honest Christian" from someone my brain processes it as "dishonest hypocrite"....
(who needs a punch in the mouth).

skipster01
07-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Isn't it the bible that says.... The human heart is wicked?

I can tell you from my own experience that I have made mistakes in the past. It rained so much I couldn't keep up with all my accounts and left a virtual hay field in one of my high dollar accounts a 2 time after being warned before. After being told that I was finshed at that account. I appologized once again and told her that I would cut again no charge with no obligation to keep the job. I made the mistake, I could have asked for help from friends that like to help me to keep up, but I didn't. In no way did I come out and say I was a Christian, nor have I ever in my buisiness advertized it.

That my friends is an ear mark of being a true Christian. No need to say what you are, but to show who you are on the inside. WHAT YOUR HEART IS TRULY MADE OF and who your living for.

By the way, I didn't lose the account.

LindblomRJ
07-09-2006, 01:57 AM
I am nervous of those who tout their honesty. If you are truely are honest I don't have to hear about it, your actions will tell me all I need to know. Next time the deadbead touts his honesty and his "christian" virture. Tell him to save it. Inform him that you don't like being lied to and you are finished with this "honest christian man."

Good thing is not everyone functions in a dishonest fashion. Don't know what is so hard letting your yes' be yes' and you no's be no's.

kmann
07-09-2006, 09:43 AM
When I hear the words "honest Christian" from someone my brain processes it as "dishonest hypocrite"....
(who needs a punch in the mouth).
I 've found that the Southern Baptists down here are real PITAs, and cheap as well!

Precision
07-09-2006, 12:08 PM
While I am what most would call an honest christian guy I don't tell people I am.
My dad gives me business advice often, and often I listen.

One of the first rules is to be aware of the ones who tell you they are and then tout themselves as honest uprighteous christians. The "real" christians (as I mean they live what they say) don't preach about themselves, but others may tell you that "that guy right there is the real deal!" In other words the "real deal" people won't have to tell people they are christians.

As far as the honest christian people, yeah I just told one of them she can call me whenever she wants me to mow her yard, but I ain't doing it till I receive payment for the last tme I mowed. She hung up and I haven't heard from her yet!
not just for religion, but the people who make a big production of telling you how wonderful, honest, credit worthy they are ... are usually exactly the opposite.

I am not a religious guy and because of the above and wanting to avoid being preached too, I usually avoid zealots.

dcplace2004
07-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Many people go to church on Sunday and then stab people in the backs Monday through Saturday...There are those who subscribe to religions that are wonderful people also...No matter what area of life, there will be good people and rotten people...I do agree with you though...Nine chances out of ten I would much rather have an atheist pull me from danger than a self-righteous so-called christian. Peace...

mak2
07-09-2006, 02:12 PM
I have not read the whole post, but the jist of the topic is people who tout their Christianity are invariable bad. I refuse to do buisness with anyone with a fish or cross in their logo or in their advertising unless they are in fact a Christian organization. However, if I am doing buisness with someone who later invites me to Church without being a PIA or in some other way I found out they are devote followers of an organized religion then I do have a tendency to trust them more than the average heathen. I know a few people very well who are evil, crooked cheating lying people and sit on the front row at church (I know I could testify in court about their buisness practices and I see them in church all the time), but these people are no more Christian than Hitler or some other hippicrite who uses Christianity as a cover to screw people. My point is, do not confuse the evil people who use Christianity to get you to lower your guard with real Christians. The real Christians you can trust completely.

Splicer
07-09-2006, 02:20 PM
How do we know he is a Christian ??? :confused:

Every crooked conman tells his victims he is an honest guy. :D
!!!BINGO!!!

Thirdpete
07-09-2006, 04:44 PM
could you replace muslims with christians throughout this entire convo? "the real muslims you could trust completely." just curious, as i think this is an interesting topic.

that being said, you shouldnt take any religion or beliefs or anything into account when doing business. you see everyone do something bad at one time or another, i dont think theres any religious affiliation with bad. some people are just bad.

mak2
07-09-2006, 06:04 PM
I was in the USMC in the early to mid 80's. I have a friend who is a doctor where I work who is my age. He was in Iran until not too long ago. we often discuss how we could have killed each other had things been just a bit different. I would trust this man with all my money and my women, but not when it comes to a question of faith. remember the crusades? As for the muslims doing something bad, I kinda envy their devotion. But I perfer our freedom of thought.

Charles
07-09-2006, 06:14 PM
I was doing great mowing for a Church for a few years. They paid on time and paid well. UNtil I dated one of their members and made a move on her. I guess she told the Pastor and I was fired:laugh: :cry: She wasn't even all that!:rolleyes:

Precision
07-09-2006, 06:21 PM
could you replace muslims with christians throughout this entire convo? "the real muslims you could trust completely." just curious, as i think this is an interesting topic.

that being said, you shouldnt take any religion or beliefs or anything into account when doing business. you see everyone do something bad at one time or another, i dont think theres any religious affiliation with bad. some people are just bad.
you can interchange christian with any religion or other group for that matter.

Anyone who claims piety based on an affiliation is a scum bag scam artist.

Innocence by association does not work. Never has never will.

mak2
07-09-2006, 06:27 PM
Hey Precision, I can trust a mortal enemy, but the muslims are really too mlitant. Plus they really suck at war.

Dashunde
07-09-2006, 06:46 PM
Quick thought on Religions...

Over the course of history, more people have been killed or tortured in the name of some Religion than from any other cause.

Organized religion is the worst thing that has ever happend to mankind as a whole.