PDA

View Full Version : How far behind are you with sidework?

General Grounds
07-06-2006, 11:30 PM
:dizzy: Im so far behind with sidework im not sure where to begin, we went from doin alright to way behind. when we started getting all that rain after fathers day we just been tring to get the lawns cut, been so bad had clean-up crew help us with mowin, oh yeah and my ferts behind too, gotta love the rain. tony

BMFD92
07-06-2006, 11:40 PM
yea im behind with some hardscapes and a couple tree and shrub trimmings. On top of all the ran my sidework truck is in the shop:dizzy: .

procut
07-06-2006, 11:46 PM
I just bought 24 mowing accounts, which makes for a pretty tight schedule, especially for the first couple weeks untill they can all be placed into their respective routes.

So naturally,the requests for extras have been coming in left and right. Go figure.

o-so-n-so
07-07-2006, 02:00 AM
Im behind on some small landscape and stump grinding jobs. My main problem is finding a dependable worker. I am almost ashamed of how lazy america has become. :confused:.

jwscroll
07-07-2006, 06:09 AM
Started telling the side job clients that I'm getting overbooked two weeks ago. Between the rain & picking up new properties it's hard to find the time. I won't even discuss side jobs with a client right now, gonna have to wait until the fall.

rodfather
07-07-2006, 07:02 AM
We're behind a full month...landscape guys have to keep helping out with maint. crews catching up.

topsites
07-07-2006, 10:34 AM
Just a few days, my prices are high enough that they curb demand.

PROCUT1
07-07-2006, 10:42 AM
Actually been slow here. Spring rush is over. We actually doing some marketing to our customers to try and drum some up.

mulcahy mowing
07-07-2006, 11:40 AM
who has time for side jobs.:dizzy: should be out right now but having some problems getting going..:cry:

LawnBrother
07-07-2006, 01:30 PM
I'm booked up with other-than-mowing work for at least 3 weeks and I have been working 6-7 days since the start of the year. Whenever I get a request for something I explain that it will be that long before I can get to it. Only one complaint so far about not getting a clean up done sooner, so no worries. Just keep plugging away until caught up. Better to have work lined up than to be sitting around; I hope I stay booked all season......

Brendan Smith
07-07-2006, 02:22 PM
i'm not :)

only missed a day here and there with the weather.

ProStreetCamaro
07-07-2006, 02:24 PM
I am a little lost here. You all seem to have people ask you to do extra stuff all the time? Its very rare when we get a customer ask us to to anything extra. We get about 10 mulch jobs in the spring right before the mowing starts. After that its all mowing till fall then we get a couple more mulch jobs, clean ups, aerate and seed and then we are done for the year.

J&R Landscaping
07-07-2006, 02:31 PM
I'm backed up about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks for landscape jobs. Mowing and such, I'm about 3 days behind on. By the end of the weekend, the mowing will all be up to date!

PROCUT1
07-07-2006, 02:46 PM
I am a little lost here. You all seem to have people ask you to do extra stuff all the time? Its very rare when we get a customer ask us to to anything extra. We get about 10 mulch jobs in the spring right before the mowing starts. After that its all mowing till fall then we get a couple more mulch jobs, clean ups, aerate and seed and then we are done for the year.

Thats pretty much our situation. We're not much in the landscape business anymore but that was always the case. We go crazy for a month and a half in the spring then it was all mowing till leaves with the occassional extra.

Idealtim
07-07-2006, 03:13 PM
We have been working 6.5 days a week!!! Some of us have banked 70hrs+!!! Were still behind a couple of days mowing, to. In other words, its defcon 4.

ProStreetCamaro
07-07-2006, 03:16 PM
I'm backed up about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks for landscape jobs. Mowing and such, I'm about 3 days behind on. By the end of the weekend, the mowing will all be up to date!

Ok im glad its not just us! Our customers are cheap and never want anything done other than the occasional mulch job or clean up.

General Grounds
07-08-2006, 11:06 PM
*newusflag* ROD, i hear ya, where in the same boat. dont you just love the message at the end of a long hot day " I know its been raining, BUT when is my cleanup gonna be" or after 3 days of rain, or " it was nice today why didnt you come today for my clean-up. oh i need a vacation.

chuck bow
07-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Backed up 4 to 5 weeks on the extras ( bush and shrub trimming ) and when we get caught up on trimming on the first go around it will be time for a fall touch up on the trimming again for first clients that were trimmed .