PDA

View Full Version : info on large honda walk behinds

thesargent
07-06-2006, 10:48 PM
why cant i seem to find any information on the larger honda walk behinds, like the hrc7013. i cant find a thing. does anyone have experience with these mowers? i love my 21 inch honda commercial, but will eventually need at least a 32 inch wb. thanks.

pugs
07-06-2006, 11:59 PM
The reason you probably cant find much is because they havent been made in quite some time. I have seen them in some old literature I have and the way the deck and everything looks I would almost think the mower itself was made by someone else and just painted red for Honda and they tossed a Honda engine on them. Honda makes great stuff, but I just dont see them making a fabricated deck like those. They used to have those, compact tractors and then the lawn tractors and riding mowers...all of them just kinda went away. It was all pretty good stuff I would think from the Lawn tractors I have seen...probably just a bit too pricey for the times.

I think I would stay away because parts may be an issue if you cant figure out who made the mower for Honda(if that is the case).

thesargent
07-07-2006, 10:04 PM
right on, makes sense why i cant find anything on them. found one on ebay though. i guess i will have to check out exmark.

6'7 330
07-07-2006, 10:12 PM
My understanding was, Honda pitched them as a high end mower and they turned out to be high junk.

zim bob the landscaper
07-07-2006, 10:26 PM
heres a website its keehn power equipment

http://www.keehnpower.com/honda.htm

mulcahy mowing
07-07-2006, 10:33 PM
Just saw one when I picked up the z from the dealer about a week ago. looked nice but it was warn out....

poonero
07-07-2006, 11:02 PM
http://www.keehnpower.com/honda.htm[/QUOTE]

take a look at the sulky unit on the walk behind in this link. what the hell were they thinking.

Dashunde
07-07-2006, 11:21 PM
http://www.keehnpower.com/honda.htm

take a look at the sulky unit on the walk behind in this link. what the hell were they thinking.[/QUOTE]

Damn... its almost as big as the mower.
I feel sorry for anyone who bought that contraption.
It looks like it would wheelie on level ground.

TheLawnBarber
07-07-2006, 11:23 PM
I wish they still made them. I love my Honda commercial 21s it be great if put their 21s great performance into a larger size mower.

pugs
07-08-2006, 04:34 PM
I did a search on google the other night for them. Honda has some manuals for them up on their site.

I should look throught the parts break downs for them on good ole partsmart and see if they are comparible to anyone else.

As I said before, they do not look like something honda made in house. I would expect to see more stamped or other cheaper parts on them if that were the case....I just dont see Honda doing all that fabricated steel work themselves.

That sulky looks similar to the old bunton sulkies...but the hitch point is kinda high. I think the Bunton one hooked to the back of the engine deck like everyone else...not midway up the handles.

naturescape
07-08-2006, 05:33 PM
I believe the big honda wb's were made by Bunton, that's what I have heard.

lawnmaniac883
07-08-2006, 06:03 PM
What a joke that sulky solution is. Might as well buy an outfront mower :rolleyes:

ProMo
07-09-2006, 09:00 AM
I used to have a 36" honda it was a heavy pos. I ended up drilling the deck and putting parts from my scag ztr to engage the deck. I ended up giving it away for a measly 200 dollars and the guy still uses it.