PDA

View Full Version : quick 36 and hills

matd
07-07-2006, 11:01 AM
I'm new to the forum.. found it while researching the Quick 36 i may be buying for my home use.

I've read some posts here about the mower, and generally speaking it sounds like a good mower.

I do however have a question..

The back end of my property slopes into a huge retention basin. it's a residential neighborhood, and we have a landscaper that comes like, maybe once a month to mow it along with the other common areas. I mow about 25 ft down the hill myself 2 times a week with my 21" honda wb. i do this horizontally. (takes forever)

being only a single hydro, will i be able to do the same thing with the quick 36? or am i wasting my time and should be looking for something with a dual hydro?
i've read that some of you have some difficulty doing this with the quick, (someone even said it was 'almost useless' in this scenario)

(it's not quite a 45 degree angle, but it feels like it when i have to walk up it)

thanks

Ground Scapes
07-07-2006, 05:03 PM
Just if your property is large you may want to get a scag 52" walkbehind. However if you dont need this big of a moawer scag's 36" has double hydro

Armadillolawncare
07-07-2006, 10:26 PM
I have no trouble mowing the sides of drainage ditched with my Quick 36 and expect you would also have no problems.