PDA

View Full Version : ya ever lose the paperwork for an $80,000 contract?

robby
07-07-2006, 01:29 PM
Here's a humdinger of a true story. Last week we received noticed that our landscaper was resigning from his postions here at the condos where I live. He does all the landscaping duties, takes care of the pool, and snow removal. So I thought maybe he was resigning because of too many complaints or something like that. Come to find out, the reasoning stemmed from the fact that BOTH he and our management company lost their copies of the contracts. So now there is no copy to be found anywhere. Can you even imagine such a thing occurring? So this must have sparked argument between the two sides leading to the resignation. Then to add to the drama, after the landscaper resigned he made it known to all the residents here that he resigned because they had treated him unfair and been spreading lies. In response the management company has now filed a slander suit against the landscaper. The landscaper is now, I believe, trying to rally the residents into firing the management company, probably hoping to get a new contract with the next one. This should be fun to watch how it all works out. Moral of this story, LOSING YOUR CONTRACT PAPERWORK COULD BE COSTLY.

Brendan Smith
07-07-2006, 01:50 PM
ummmm....no.

i can't imagine record keeping that sloppy.