PDA

View Full Version : This is the crap I deal with

South Florida Lawns
07-07-2006, 06:39 PM
So this lady next to one of my customers pulls her sprinkler heads out of the ground exposing the tops by a few inches.

Well I hit one with my tire and I know her LCO mowed a few cuz she put marker flags all around them.

The next week along the 2 houses 3 of the 7 heads are all chewed up, almost like someone was pissed.

I come this week and there are brick pavers along the heads and I can't even get around to my customers yard now, so I move them. Next thing ya know I have some lady screaming her ass off telling me to put the pavers back.

long story short I just left a strip of tall grass by the heads in between the two houses. I figure if her sprinkler heads are there then its her yard and her problem.

mowerman90
07-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Had a similar situation in a gated community. Moron neighbor comes running over saying that I broke one of his pop-ups that is on the property line. I explain to him (very politely, I might ad) that because the flower bed that my customer has goes almost up to the property line, I have to go onto his property to get to the back yard and I straddle his sprinkler head. I further explain that I know it's there and raise my deck to go over it but notice the tire tracks from his Crapsman tractor go right over it. Basically, I tell him that he must have been the one who drove over it with his tires and broke it and not me. Push comes to shove and next thing you know he's MFing me and threatening to sue me over this $3 pop-up. I remain calm and polite ( knowing this will piss him off even more) and and give him one of my cards telling him to be sure to get the spelling right and that I'll see him in court, then smile and walk away. He jumps into his car apparently heading off to the court house to file suit. I laugh, knowing that small claims requires a $79 filing fee. I also take pictures of the way his pop-ups are incorrectly installed. Obviously he didn't file but now every time I show up to mow he turns his sprinklers on. Little does he know but if he pisses me off too much I'll call Swiftmud (the water authority) and tell them to give him a citation ($50) for sprinkling after 10am in the morning. It is illegal to run sprinklers between 10am and 5pm even on designated watering days. Oh, and by the way, I will have witnesses and video to prove it and I will show up in court to testify.

gl1200a
07-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Sounds like you are being put in the middle of a neighborhood dispute. You did just fine. Let them fight it out.

Dashunde
07-07-2006, 08:33 PM
...long story short I just left a strip of tall grass by the heads in between the two houses. I figure if her sprinkler heads are there then its her yard and her problem.

Absolutely correct, let her guy deal with it, along with her crazy arse.

MSS Mow
07-07-2006, 11:04 PM
Had a similar situation in a gated community. Moron neighbor comes running over saying that I broke one of his pop-ups that is on the property line. I explain to him (very politely, I might ad) that because the flower bed that my customer has goes almost up to the property line, I have to go onto his property to get to the back yard and I straddle his sprinkler head. I further explain that I know it's there and raise my deck to go over it but notice the tire tracks from his Crapsman tractor go right over it. Basically, I tell him that he must have been the one who drove over it with his tires and broke it and not me. Push comes to shove and next thing you know he's MFing me and threatening to sue me over this $3 pop-up. I remain calm and polite ( knowing this will piss him off even more) and and give him one of my cards telling him to be sure to get the spelling right and that I'll see him in court, then smile and walk away. He jumps into his car apparently heading off to the court house to file suit. I laugh, knowing that small claims requires a $79 filing fee. I also take pictures of the way his pop-ups are incorrectly installed. Obviously he didn't file but now every time I show up to mow he turns his sprinklers on. Little does he know but if he pisses me off too much I'll call Swiftmud (the water authority) and tell them to give him a citation ($50) for sprinkling after 10am in the morning. It is illegal to run sprinklers between 10am and 5pm even on designated watering days. Oh, and by the way, I will have witnesses and video to prove it and I will show up in court to testify.

Note to self....................

Do NOT piss off mowerman90. :)

End of Note.

Just kidding. I like you style. Don't get mad, get even. payup

topsites
07-07-2006, 11:47 PM
I am waiting on the next one... Just waiting...

Actually thou, I hope they stay away.

mowerman90
07-07-2006, 11:58 PM
Note to self....................

Do NOT piss off mowerman90. :)

End of Note.

Just kidding. I like you style. Don't get mad, get even. payup

Let's just say that I've been doing this too long and there's too many grumpy old people down here. If the guy wouldn't of acted like an A-hole from the get go :nono: I probably would have walked to my trailer and gotten a new pop-up, a length of flexible pipe and installed it correctly for him for free. Better to make a friend than an enemy. BUT, like I said, the guy came running out in a rage:mad: from the very start so he got my "special" treatment

South Florida Lawns
07-09-2006, 09:30 PM
I hear ya on that one mowerman90, some people these days.

She is a strange one alright, I was laying mulch last year across from her place and she comes out and yells across the street asking how much I charged for mulching the neighbors home.

I didn't say anything until she was up close, I gave her my card and told her I will give her a quote over the phone once I take a look at her yard.

There are a lot of a$$holes living in florida these days.

Detroitdan
07-09-2006, 10:41 PM
I'm glad you handled it the right way, because it would have been very wrong to go by there at night and throw water ballons filled with grass-killer onto his lawn...