PDA

View Full Version : S185 pilot controls?

bobbyg18
07-07-2006, 09:46 PM
I have read conflicting advice on whether the Bobcat S185 have the pilot control options?...a few posts said they dont but at least one post said they did

anyone know?...i read the specs and didnt see anything

Tigerotor77W
07-07-2006, 10:32 PM
Bobcat does not offer pilot controls, which are hydraulic in nature. The S185 is available with Selectable Joystick Controls, which are electric and also have the left-hand drive, right-hand loader pattern. (They can also be switched to the standard Case-style pattern.)

The S185 is also available with hand controls (Advanced Hand Controls -- which are also electric, I believe?).

Scag48
07-08-2006, 02:41 AM
I hate Bobcat hand controls, there is zero feedback in the sticks. Some guys might like them, but I can't stand hitting a pile and not feeling the machine work against it through the joysticks.

Tigerotor77W
07-08-2006, 06:49 AM
Scag -- I've never been on a Bobcat going into a dirt pile, but I thought that there was feedback for the travel function? Is there even less feedback for the loader functions than on pilot controls?

Scag48
07-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Xing, I've noticed there is more feedback in the travel controls when hitting a pile than there is in the loader controls, but it's still really strange for me. I guess a guy could get used to it, but I like to feel a little bit more.

Tigerotor77W
07-08-2006, 05:40 PM
Gotcha. I'm working on "perfecting" my technique so that I can eliminate wheelspin, get a full bucket, and not stall the engine... I'm a bad enough operator that I've stalled Cat SSLs inadvertently (once I figured out how, anyways).

Now I'm tempted to ditch engineering to sit in a seat all day. :(

Scag48
07-09-2006, 03:49 AM
Don't worry about stalling a Cat, I stalled our demo 277B twice while trying to push trees with our grapple. Haven't stalled our new one yet, and I've only stalled the 216 3 times in 3 years.

ksss
07-09-2006, 11:14 AM
The Bobcat "pilot" system is actually electric over hydrualic or EH controls. However it seems everyone just calls them pilots although technically that isn't correct. MY OPINIONS TO FOLLOW: The AHC system is terrible. The feedback in the controls due to no servos and the "feel" and response is also poor in my opinon. The EH controls I actually do like once I get used to them. They have a slight delay but the heavy stick feel of the AHC is gone and they have a better feel. I think it is a nice control system.