PDA

View Full Version : rich mfg convertible mowers

2 clowns mowing
07-07-2006, 09:57 PM
do any of you have or had one of these mowers? i'm trying one out on tuesday. any problems with these mowers?:)

jetdoc
08-22-2006, 10:33 AM
I got one about a week or two ago.

John Gamba
09-07-2006, 05:26 PM
do any of you have or had one of these mowers? i'm trying one out on tuesday. any problems with these mowers?:)

How was it???

jetdoc
09-07-2006, 06:56 PM
So far so good, no problems what so ever. Just had to figure this mower has a shutoff fuel valve pet **** thats sorta hidden, it runs much better with gas flowing into carb, :cool2: .

do you have one yet?

John Gamba
09-07-2006, 07:01 PM
So far so good, no problems what so ever. Just had to figure this mower has a shutoff fuel valve pet **** thats sorta hidden, it runs much better with gas flowing into carb, :cool2: .

do you have one yet?

No

Did you get the one with the engine in the rear of the mower?? Can you post a pic?? What size deck and engine.

Thanks john:waving:

jetdoc
09-08-2006, 07:49 AM
No the engine is under seat, its a couple of years old but only 75hrs on it. The deck is a 61 inch and the engine is a Kohler 25hp. I can post a pic.

John Gamba
09-08-2006, 08:07 AM
No the engine is under seat, its a couple of years old but only 75hrs on it. The deck is a 61 inch and the engine is a Kohler 25hp. I can post a pic.

You should look at the new style:)

jetdoc
09-08-2006, 08:46 AM
I've seen it, sweet!!! Its obviously a better design but out of my budget, this one was fairly cheap.

John Gamba
09-08-2006, 08:59 AM
I've seen it, sweet!!! Its obviously a better design but out of my budget, this one was fairly cheap.

What are they going for??

nobagger
09-08-2006, 10:00 AM
I am looking into one for next year and was wondering the price of these machines. Their web site isn't the greatest and so far I've talked to 4 people to try and find out where the closest dealer is. One other thing is on their site under specs. the deck is "formed" I'm assuming they mean stamped and I've heard "stamped" decks are not the greatest. Its a 10ga. steel deck but I don't know how thick that is. Are these machines just an upgraded home owner model or are they built for commercial usage? I demoed an Exmark Lazer with a 66" Triton deck and wow what a machine and it is built like a tank so I know I will get years and years of use with out any major problems especially the deck.

metro36
09-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Nobager most people dont like the trition deck. I think ultracut decks are way better. I would buy a lazer z AS with ultra cut deck.

nobagger
09-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Nobager most people dont like the trition deck. I think ultracut decks are way better. I would buy a lazer z AS with ultra cut deck.
I heard that and I asked our local dealer and he showed me what the problems were. I didn't seem to have any problems what so ever. We were into some taller grass and even a field and there was no clumping etc. I would like to try it in the spring however, when the grass is nice and thick, tall and wet. We'll see.

indy2tall
09-08-2006, 11:50 PM
I bought a new 2006 model at the beginning of this year and it has worked flawlessly. Mine is the 52" model with the 28 EFI Kohler. That might seem like engine overkill to some of you but I am a very big guy and it helps to have that power when cutting thick grass and hauling my fat butt up a hill. It cuts great, it's easy on gas and the deck gets very little grass buildup. The controls are incredibly responsive and it has always started on the very first turn of the key in any weather.

John Gamba
09-09-2006, 07:33 AM
I bought a new 2006 model at the beginning of this year and it has worked flawlessly. Mine is the 52" model with the 28 EFI Kohler. That might seem like engine overkill to some of you but I am a very big guy and it helps to have that power when cutting thick grass and hauling my fat butt up a hill. It cuts great, it's easy on gas and the deck gets very little grass buildup. The controls are incredibly responsive and it has always started on the very first turn of the key in any weather.

Can you post a pic of the trim side of the deck??

nobagger
09-09-2006, 08:30 AM
I spoke to our dealer that handles them and he said they have gone through 3 distributers with this mower. That kinda throws a red flag right there. He said they had some in just to play around with for a week or two and he wasn't impressed what-so-ever. I tried to get him to be specific but he couldn't really remember what specifically truned him off about it.

John Gamba
09-09-2006, 08:33 AM
I spoke to our dealer that handles them and he said they have gone through 3 distributers with this mower. That kinda throws a red flag right there. He said they had some in just to play around with for a week or two and he wasn't impressed what-so-ever. I tried to get him to be specific but he couldn't really remember what specifically truned him off about it.

Can you find out who there distributor is now. it was beta power in mass. they have gone throw a lot of dealers but the new mower is worth a demo anyways.

corey1977
09-09-2006, 08:41 AM
hay john is beta the north distbtor im in maine?

John Gamba
09-09-2006, 08:43 AM
hay john is beta the north distbtor im in maine?

Its beta power i forget where they are but they do have a big football stadium there in Massachusetts.