PDA

View Full Version : Keeping pavers square

kootoomootoo
07-07-2006, 10:37 PM
ie keeping your lines of pavers straight relative to each other and the house.
I thought it was as simple as a string line and maybe a butter knife.

Apparently not. Local sales rep told a customer who had me look at a project put in by another landscaper that had more waves than the ocean that its very hard to get paver lines straight.

Totally blew him off.

DreamscapeDesigns
07-07-2006, 10:56 PM
Keep your bonds tight as you run.. Run a string along the lines in the bond every three or four rows and adjust them as you go. If you get to far ahead, you will have a hell of a time going back at them

kootoomootoo
07-07-2006, 11:01 PM
Keep your bonds tight as you run.. Run a string along the lines in the bond every three or four rows and adjust them as you go. If you get to far ahead, you will have a hell of a time going back at them

Thats my point ........we know that ...we do it and havent even thought about it as its part of the job but the friggin distributor devalues the product by saying it doesnt matter that the pavers are straight....and its very difficult???

Team-Green L&L
07-08-2006, 12:15 AM
After reading this post, I am confident in my errors on the patio job. Thank you kootoo. I apologize to the seasoned pros for being the scab, but we all have to make the same mistakes as the guys before us. I will definitely chalk the profits to fix the job.