PDA

View Full Version : Just so you know.... Worlds strongest truck

ProStreetCamaro
07-08-2006, 12:16 AM
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Comparos/articleId=115662

JTF40
07-08-2006, 01:03 AM
That's fine - numbers do not lie. So why can't Chevy sell these? They will NEVER catch the Super-Dutys for long-term durability. :usflag:

sildoc
07-08-2006, 03:06 AM
What I found interesting is that Dodge makes a 4 door non mega cab 8foot bed that they could draw from but didn't??? Was it because the price was 5g's less than the chevy and performed as well or better? I bought my mega cab for right at 36000 though it is only a 3/4 ton and not a dully but I put it up against my moms s/o that has a GMC extra cab with the duramax. I am getting 2 mpgs better than he and will out run him while hauling our trailers( oh yeah he has a smaller trailer and less people in his vehicle). I am not saying that chev, Gmc or ford is bad but I have a feeling that this is a bit biased.
I say when you test you test apples to apples and not apples to carrots.
I belive all makes have in the same model good trucks and not so good. It depends on what day it was made and what mood the workers were in.

PerennialSuccess
07-08-2006, 08:57 AM
I would be willing to bet every comparison posted to the public is just a test of which company pays more. Test drive each vehicle, then see which one is best. There is a reason Ford controls 50% of the commercial market.

ProStreetCamaro
07-08-2006, 09:09 AM
That's fine - numbers do not lie. So why can't Chevy sell these? They will NEVER catch the Super-Dutys for long-term durability. :usflag:

Durability? You mean the 4 engines that went out at 60,000 to 80,000 miles in all our ford trucks or the brakes that went out every 3k to 6k miles? We will never own another ford truck. Or maybe my uncle would say he loves his 2 year old F-250 deisel thats had brake calipers lock up, injectors go bad and injector pump and has been to the dealer 5+ times in 2 years. Fords have never treated us good but GM's have.

And about the test they are 100% correct. The Duramax with its 360hp and xxx pounds of torque with an allison trans behind it is the best combo on the road right now bar none.

I wont even get started on the dodges and there brake problems and transmission problems. :hammerhead:

John Gamba
07-08-2006, 09:26 AM
I was just looking at the new chevy. It had Dual power,Heated seats and alot of everything else.

I like how its has all the options like are new chevy Malibu Does:clapping:

ProStreetCamaro
07-08-2006, 09:32 AM
I was just looking at the new chevy. It had Dual power,Heated seats and alot of everything else.

I like how its has all the options like are new chevy Malibu Does:clapping:

Chevy has definatly come a long way over the years and they have greatly improved there interiors which is the one thing they were always lacking in.

Ok I was just thinking that people may think I am bashing ford and dodge. Well im not but it sort of came out that way. We have just had so many problems with them that we shouldnt have had. I know everybodys experiance is different and if something works for somebody then thats great!

PerennialSuccess
07-08-2006, 10:10 AM
The Big 3 in general makes great trucks, each has its own pro/cons. It really comes right down to personal preference and what has treated you well in the past.

lawnmaniac883
07-08-2006, 01:08 PM
That test was such a joke. Throw 6 speed manuals in all of them and see who comes in first place ... dodge/cummins.

John Gamba
07-08-2006, 02:02 PM
That test was such a joke. Throw 6 speed manuals in all of them and see who comes in first place ... dodge/cummins.

6 Speed automatic. Chevy:)

tnmtn
07-08-2006, 02:50 PM
if you like the others good for you. i am very happy with the chevy. i also am comfortable with the interior.
good luck,

lawnspecialties
07-08-2006, 03:43 PM
I've pretty much had Fords all my life. Been real pleased with my '05. But you got to give Chevy credit right now. They took the Duramax and really turned it up. Not to mention, Isuzu makes one awesome diesel.

Unfortunately, Ford is starting over again with the 6.4L in '07. I know the emission rules change for '07, but geesh, stick with one and keep refining. 300 plus horsepower is a plenty for most of us. But all that power is for crap when you're stuck on the side of the road. :hammerhead:

John Gamba
07-08-2006, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE=lawnspecialties]
Unfortunately, Ford is starting over again with the 6.4L in '07. QUOTE]

I had a 6.9 in 1985:confused:

janb
07-08-2006, 07:12 PM
talking tough trucks, :confused: and not mentioning 'unimog' :nono:

meets1
07-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Test are test - but I have had all the trucks put to MY test. Good and bad with all three but now were running all 2005 - 2006 Chevy 3/4 and ton trucks. Everyday each of the 5 chevy's are hooked up to a trailer. I have yet to have an brake, tranny, over heating, loss of power, etc like I did in all the other trucks. I have never seemed to be at a loss for power yet either with the chevy's. Only thing I have noticed is that with the Fords - they seemed to carry the weight better with our plows on for snow. Dodge - nothing but problems for us.

mcwlandscaping
07-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Chevy rules all!!hahaahaha first truck for me will be a 2500HD, the second will be a 3500 mason dump w/ duramax turbo diesel!

ProStreetCamaro
07-08-2006, 11:13 PM
Test are test - but I have had all the trucks put to MY test. Good and bad with all three but now were running all 2005 - 2006 Chevy 3/4 and ton trucks. Everyday each of the 5 chevy's are hooked up to a trailer. I have yet to have an brake, tranny, over heating, loss of power, etc like I did in all the other trucks. I have never seemed to be at a loss for power yet either with the chevy's. Only thing I have noticed is that with the Fords - they seemed to carry the weight better with our plows on for snow. Dodge - nothing but problems for us.

Thats what I am saying. No real problems out of the checy trucks like we had with our fords. Now i will give ford credit on 1 thing. The inline 6 300 was a beast of an engine. Large bore with a large stroke made for a very strong engine for towing. We had 3 of them and they were awsome till they all lost oil pressure and wiped the main and rod bearings.

PerennialSuccess
07-09-2006, 03:25 PM
talking tough trucks, :confused: and not mentioning 'unimog' :nono:

Unimogs are definately tough, but the new ones cost like $100k.

lawnmaniac883
07-09-2006, 05:53 PM
You see, one problem with testing over a time basis is that each brand you swap to you are getting a later model truck. Say you start off with dodge in 2000 then to ford in 2003 then to chevy in 2006 obviously the chevy SHOULD be more refined and have less issues than the earlier model trucks. Start the cycle over again in 2009 and expect much better results from the dodge, ford, or chevy. They are all good trucks.

As for that test, we all know that the dodge transmission isnt going to be a competitor vs a 6 speed allison or a 5 speed "torqshift" more gears wins in the automatic suite. I would just like to see the test redone with manual transmissions in each truck and see who comes out on top.

J&R Landscaping
07-09-2006, 07:13 PM
When all boils down, Dodge/Cummins has the longest period between Engine rebuilds (400k is recomened) While the trannys aren't great, I'd only want a manual trans backing up a diesel. I feel its the best way top handle the torque and besides, if the allisons were truly tough, they would be in more SEMI's. JMO

ALarsh
07-10-2006, 12:14 AM
Just like it should be, Chevy #1.*newusflag*

Take that Ford & Dodge.:laugh: