PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With ..

Mowerboy88
07-08-2006, 01:50 AM
Getting a big business account Just bought a new scag.. how do i go about getting like the walmart,Walgreens ..etc.. who do i need to talk to get these accounts?

David Haggerty
07-08-2006, 06:52 AM
Welcome to Lawnsite!

With storefront businesses like you mention just walk in to the service desk and ask. Seems like each store is different. It can be different depending on which manager you get. So don't get put off by your first "NO".
Persistence pays. Just bug them (politely) till they hire you.

Dave

lawnwizards
07-08-2006, 08:32 AM
Welcome to Lawnsite!

With storefront businesses like you mention just walk in to the service desk and ask. Seems like each store is different. It can be different depending on which manager you get. So don't get put off by your first "NO".

Daveand to add to David's response, its probably too late to try and get commercials this time of year. you need to start trying as soon as the season is over and into the early part of the year. all the commercials get locked up pretty quick.

topsites
07-08-2006, 08:42 AM
Welcome to Lawnsite!

Dave

This ought to be good.

CutInEdge Lawn Care
07-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Getting a big business account Just bought a new scag.. how do i go about getting like the walmart,Walgreens ..etc.. who do i need to talk to get these accounts?

Welcome to LawnSite. What type and size of Scag did you purchase?
Belt or Hydro? WB or ZTR? 36,48,52, etc...

Idealtim
07-08-2006, 12:34 PM
You need to show the manager that your better than the current provider somehow, i'd shoot for next year.

MOturkey
07-08-2006, 06:08 PM
Our local Wal-Mart Supercenter pulls a rider out of inventory, and has one of their employees do the mowing because the manager is too cheap to spend the money to hire someone. :)

jpp
07-08-2006, 06:41 PM
How about some demographics on where you live? Type of equipment you have as well. I see you have 3 years of experience, is this for yourself or for someone else. Like what was said all commerical properties are gone by now, unless you happen to find someone that is unhappy with their current lco.

Mowerboy88
07-08-2006, 10:24 PM
I have a 32" lesco
261T -Echo line trimmer
651pb-Echo
48" tiger cub hydro Scag

This is all mine , i have gone around and picked up 6 commercial accounts in about 3 months but want alot more.